GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why pick on Stallone?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 21:55
Regular
OK i expect this to get quite a few replies.

Why oh why oh why (spells yoyo - hehe - Soccer am will be back soon!)do people insist on jumping on the 'Lets pick on Stallones new film' bandwagon?

He is still a very talented writer and actor.

During the eighties Stallone v Scwarzenegger thing ,i always voted Stallone,as he is able to say more than ten lines per film.

I also have no difficulty understanding him ,which is another thing people take the mickey out of.

Take 'Driven' for example. What a thoroughly enjoyable action movie.

Fast car action with plenty of good noise and effects.A decent story,and a good cast.

But,no just 'cause it's Stallone,lets say the crashes are too unreal,for goodness sake,it's a movie.

Then theres D-Tox.

If this movie had starred Bruce Willis or John Travolta ,then i am absolutely certain that this would have been in the years top 10 movies.

Excellent storyline ,excellent cast so why did it only spend one week at my local cinema?

Because it starred Stallone.

Do people not appreciate this mans talent?

Why on earth does it seem that the world has turned against one of the most important figures in cinemas history?

Look what he's given us.

I'm not going to say because you already know what he's given us,and you know how influential they have been.

So why?
Wed 10/07/02 at 21:55
Regular
"Woah dude!"
OK i expect this to get quite a few replies.

Why oh why oh why (spells yoyo - hehe - Soccer am will be back soon!)do people insist on jumping on the 'Lets pick on Stallones new film' bandwagon?

He is still a very talented writer and actor.

During the eighties Stallone v Scwarzenegger thing ,i always voted Stallone,as he is able to say more than ten lines per film.

I also have no difficulty understanding him ,which is another thing people take the mickey out of.

Take 'Driven' for example. What a thoroughly enjoyable action movie.

Fast car action with plenty of good noise and effects.A decent story,and a good cast.

But,no just 'cause it's Stallone,lets say the crashes are too unreal,for goodness sake,it's a movie.

Then theres D-Tox.

If this movie had starred Bruce Willis or John Travolta ,then i am absolutely certain that this would have been in the years top 10 movies.

Excellent storyline ,excellent cast so why did it only spend one week at my local cinema?

Because it starred Stallone.

Do people not appreciate this mans talent?

Why on earth does it seem that the world has turned against one of the most important figures in cinemas history?

Look what he's given us.

I'm not going to say because you already know what he's given us,and you know how influential they have been.

So why?
Wed 10/07/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Why pick on Stallone?

Because.
Wed 10/07/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Woah dude!"
?

It's 'the thing to do'!?
Wed 10/07/02 at 23:48
Regular
Because he hasn't made one REALLY good film. Rambo was good but not really good and don't even try saying Cliffhanger was anything but shoddy.

I can't beleive you enjoyed Driven but each to their own.
Wed 10/07/02 at 23:49
Regular
I like stallone, but it has to be said he is not the best actor, he just happens to appear in some reasonably entertaining films. His newer efforts aren't much cop though, and Judge Dredd was just dire.
Wed 10/07/02 at 23:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I. Need. To. Speak. More. Expressivley.

There.
Wed 10/07/02 at 23:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Doglatto wrote:
>
> Judge Dredd was just dire.

What?! Judge Dredd kicked butt!

;)
Thu 11/07/02 at 00:31
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I see you're badly in need of some film education. Let's take things slow, no Coens stuff until you're in at least the third stage of your education.

Let's start with action movies.

Watch Spiderman and either of the first two batman films. That is why Stallone sucks at action movies.

Then try something a little more upmarket. A little bit of Scorcese, Goodfellas maybe... That is why Stallone just plain sucks.

Then go for a good movie like the Evil Dead, Barton Fink (if you're feeling adventurous) and maybe even something a little bit challenging like Requiem for a Dream.

That is why Stallone sucks. And his films suck. And they should never under any circumstances make the list of the best ten films of the year, because they never ever will be.

Driven was drivel. It is one of the worst films I have seen. It was crap, painful to watch, and just bad beyond the capabilities of language to express its all-encompassing crapness.
Thu 11/07/02 at 00:33
Regular
".......on the attac"
I liked Tango and Cash but I am stumped if I try to think of another Stallone film that was good.

Oh yeah.....what about Over The Top? That was reasonable!
Thu 11/07/02 at 00:49
Regular
Cop Land was preety good but the only reason Stallone got by in that film was cause his character was dopier than he is in real life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.