GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"James Bond's best gadget"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 21:51
Regular
I'm sitting here with 'The Spy Who Loved Me' on in the background, and it's not long past the section with THAT Lotus - you know, the amphibious car, with fins, periscope, oil slicks, mines, rocket launchers and who knows what else.

For me, that's probably the single best toy that 007 has ever had to play with.

And yours is...?
Mon 15/07/02 at 17:12
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Someone mentioned the flying car from The Man With The Golden Gun, but forgot to mention the Golden Gun itself! I think is was a pen, a lighter, and a packets of fags that made it. (All fake of course, they just LOOKED like a pen, a lighter and a packet of fags, except for the fact that they were all solid gold!). Not a Q-Branch gadget, but still pretty cool.

Oh yeah, and Skarra: After some extensive research (A quick flick through the Jane's Guns Recognition Guide!) I found that the Walther PPK IS a .20, and 7.65 refers to the MODEL, NOT the calibre. Bit of a stupid idea really, because as 7.62 is a calibre of sniper rifle (!) most people see 7.65 and assume that the person who has written it hasn't got a clue what they're talking about!

Also, the jacket from The World Is Not Enough was quite cool. Totally useless unless u happen 2 b convieniently in the middle of an anvalanche ( Example - Bond! (In the film) ), but still cool none the less!
Mon 15/07/02 at 17:49
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
rattlesnake3, if you look, youl see that i never actually use the word Calibre. So, i was right all along. No hard feelings though(i win afterall).
Tue 16/07/02 at 08:30
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Then if u no so much about the bond guns, tell me: What gun will Bond be using in D i e A n o t h e r D a y ?
Tue 16/07/02 at 16:59
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
I take that as a "Don't know" then. The correct answer was the:

Silenced Berretta M92FS 9mm Semi-Automatic Handgun.

Suck.
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:02
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Unlike u rattlesnake3, i don't check the forum every hour, i have other things to do, but i didn't know that was the gun he would be using. Tell me, do you know details of the plot for the up-coming film Aliens versus Predator. I want details, not just an outline. But next time you post a comment, give it more than 9 hour for an answer, perhaps over night, just an idea for the busy amongst us.
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:10
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
U c skarra, the reason i asked YOU about the nxt bond gun, is because YOU were the person 2 start mouthing off about the walther guns. Therefore i assumed that u may no wot gun bond would hav nxt, seeming as u also hav the bond guide thingy, which i thought might hav the answer in. Evidently not. NE way, do u no wot 1 other bond film the Berretta featured in? And no checking ur guide, this 1s easy!
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:21
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
First, my guide doesn't include films yet to be made.
Secont, which Berretta. There's more than one.
Tue 16/07/02 at 18:25
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
U dont say. I woz refering to the same gun mentioned in my previous post: The Berretta M92FS. Here's a clue: This was a very early film, after which bond traded in his berretta for his PPK, which was used right up until tommorow never dies, when he used the P99.
Tue 16/07/02 at 19:58
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
(Psst! Your line is "Dr. No"!)

:-)
Tue 16/07/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
What do you mean?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.