GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"James Bond's best gadget"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/07/02 at 21:51
Regular
I'm sitting here with 'The Spy Who Loved Me' on in the background, and it's not long past the section with THAT Lotus - you know, the amphibious car, with fins, periscope, oil slicks, mines, rocket launchers and who knows what else.

For me, that's probably the single best toy that 007 has ever had to play with.

And yours is...?
Thu 11/07/02 at 16:30
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Either the Aston Martin DB5 (with Modifications) from Goldfinger, or the BMW from Tomorrow Never Dies.
Thu 11/07/02 at 17:12
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
The Walther guns are sweet. The PPK 7.65 is good, but the P99 in Tomorrow Never Dies is better. There accurate, reliable, and fit in a tiny holster.
However, the P90 semi-automatic machine gun in The World Is Not Enough was by far the best so far.
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:40
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
How could u?! U forgot the ultimate bond gun! The classic! The original! The Walther PPK .20 semi-automatic handgun! (And if u were talking about the sniper rifles he uses in your previous post, the correct calibre is 7.62mm. 7.65 doesn't exist!)
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
YEah the Walther guns are cool. I love the look of the P99 aswell as Bonds preferred PPK. The Fairbarn-Sykes knife he uses is cool too.

As for Q-Branch gadget, I'd have to say the Grenade Pen in GoldenEye. That rocked.
Fri 12/07/02 at 19:52
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Bond didn't just use Walthers ya know. In one scene in Live and Let Die, he fought his way out using a Smith and Wesson M49 .44 revolver (6 shot rotary mag, 8" barrel, very accurate, MAGNUM velocity!). But ther are some brilliant Walthers out there. I especially like the Sniper rifle he used in The Living Daylights. Silencer, bolt-action, 7.62mm, night vision rifle scope..... Very cool! Another good gadget is the belt with the climbing cables in (Golden Eye).
Sat 13/07/02 at 10:40
Regular
"Brrrrr."
The funniest one has got to be the telephone box with an airbag in GoldenEye!
Sat 13/07/02 at 14:26
Regular
The suitcase used in From Russia With Love.

Ok, maybe it wasn't the best gadget, but it was a great film!
Sat 13/07/02 at 15:48
Regular
it wasn't bonds, but what about the flying car in the man with the golden gun?
Sat 13/07/02 at 18:03
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
rattle snake3 wrote;

>How could u?! U forgot the ultimate bond gun! The classic! The original! >The Walther PPK .20 semi-automatic handgun! (And if u were talking about >the sniper rifles he uses in your previous post, the correct calibre is >7.62mm. 7.65 doesn't exist!)

If you look in the official Bond book, The Essential Bond, written by Lee Pfeiffer and Dave Worrall, on page 187, under Tomorrow Never Dies, you will see the word's,

Bond gets a new Walther in Tomorrow Never Dies, but via Wai Lin not Q. The sleek and deadly 9mm weapon has a magazine capacity of up to 16 rounds (nine more than Bond's traditional Walther PPK 7.65).

So there, i think the official book is more accurate than you, no offence old bean.
Sun 14/07/02 at 12:46
I like the Q boat from the World is not enough.
The Boat may not be the best gadget but it sure was a great film, I think James's watch from nearly all the movies. It has Circular saw, laser and it tells the time. Its my all time gadget.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.