GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stuff GT Concept - Toca is back!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/06/02 at 08:53
Regular
Why oh why are we pathetic Sony-brainwashed fools getting all excited about GT Concept?!!!

Forget all that pap, GT3 is of course a masterpiece but Toca Race Driver is on the way to wipe that memory from our minds and memory cards.

OK, so perhaps red hot racing action isn't everyone's kind of thing but Touring Cars has got to be one of the best motorsports around.

The great thing of course is that good old Codemasters are behind the wheel and if they can churn out something better than Toca 2 - bring it on!!

No, I'm not a Codemasters employee by the way, I just can't wait to get my hands on this baby. The screenshots look superb although being a Toca geek I have noticed that some of the vehicle models aren't quite right (and that's not being REALLY critical).

Roll on Autumn baby!
Fri 28/06/02 at 08:53
Why oh why are we pathetic Sony-brainwashed fools getting all excited about GT Concept?!!!

Forget all that pap, GT3 is of course a masterpiece but Toca Race Driver is on the way to wipe that memory from our minds and memory cards.

OK, so perhaps red hot racing action isn't everyone's kind of thing but Touring Cars has got to be one of the best motorsports around.

The great thing of course is that good old Codemasters are behind the wheel and if they can churn out something better than Toca 2 - bring it on!!

No, I'm not a Codemasters employee by the way, I just can't wait to get my hands on this baby. The screenshots look superb although being a Toca geek I have noticed that some of the vehicle models aren't quite right (and that's not being REALLY critical).

Roll on Autumn baby!
Fri 28/06/02 at 09:29
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I'm looking forward to this little beauty as well. In terms of action-packed racing action there won't be another game that can touch it. The 'career mode' also looks very promising...

As you say, "roll on autumn"....
Fri 28/06/02 at 09:42
"High polygon count"
Having seen some footage on the PSW coverdisc, it does indeed look might tasty - but there are some issues that require sorting before it's released!
Fri 28/06/02 at 09:43
Regular
"cant think of one.."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Having seen some footage on the PSW coverdisc, it does indeed look
> might tasty - but there are some issues that require sorting before
> it's released!

Such as....
Fri 28/06/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
MR.COATES wrote:
> Why oh why are we pathetic Sony-brainwashed fools getting all excited
> about GT Concept?!!!

We are not brainwashed fools - GT is a great series of games, maybe GT3 was one too many for people like me who had already played 1 and 2, The thing about Concept is it is purely the arcade side of the game which will be great for newbies to GT and also it is only going to be 20 quid.

>
> The great thing of course is that good old Codemasters are behind the
> wheel and if they can churn out something better than Toca 2 - bring
> it on!!

They already have churned out something better than Toca 2 - your'e obviously forgetting about Toca - World Touring Cars.

> No, I'm not a Codemasters employee by the way, I just can't wait to
> get my hands on this baby. The screenshots look superb although being
> a Toca geek I have noticed that some of the vehicle models aren't
> quite right (and that's not being REALLY critical).
>
> Roll on Autumn baby!

I agree - Toca Race Driver, Colin 3, Driver 3, Stuntman.

"Hello dear"

"Hello"

"what do you want"

"Oh - only 4 new racing games in the next couple of months"

"Of course you can sweetie"

"Thanks"

"Oh - you remember those ear rings....."

"Sorry love - bad line.. click...

He he
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:02
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
doublezero wrote:

>
> Such as....

Wookiee's great little comment "pop-down" scenery glitching sort of thing.
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:06
"High polygon count"
doublezero wrote:
> Such as....

Part of my post from the Colin McRae 3.0 thread elsewhere on this forum...

"At first glance, this looks amazing. But I did notice a few problems. Things seemed to slow a little with many cars on screen, and there was also what I call "pop-down". This is like clipping, but the effect is that parts of the scenery disappear before they've gone off screen. As the car was racing along, track barriers were okay, but advertising hoardings would suddenly disappear as the reached the edge of the screen. I hope they resolve this before its release in September. Other than that - it was fantastic!"
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:19
I'm hoping that gameplay/graphical issues will be nailed down by release.

Thing is, they've got to get some Toca fans on board now as the season is in full swing. By the time it's released the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) will be just about over (ends in September).

I'll be getting it regardless!
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:19
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Yeah, lets hope Codemasters get it sorted prior to release. (which i'm sure they will)
Fri 28/06/02 at 10:22
I'm trusting them.

Toca 2 is still one of my top 5 racing games ever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.