GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stuff GT Concept - Toca is back!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/06/02 at 08:53
Regular
Why oh why are we pathetic Sony-brainwashed fools getting all excited about GT Concept?!!!

Forget all that pap, GT3 is of course a masterpiece but Toca Race Driver is on the way to wipe that memory from our minds and memory cards.

OK, so perhaps red hot racing action isn't everyone's kind of thing but Touring Cars has got to be one of the best motorsports around.

The great thing of course is that good old Codemasters are behind the wheel and if they can churn out something better than Toca 2 - bring it on!!

No, I'm not a Codemasters employee by the way, I just can't wait to get my hands on this baby. The screenshots look superb although being a Toca geek I have noticed that some of the vehicle models aren't quite right (and that's not being REALLY critical).

Roll on Autumn baby!
Sat 29/06/02 at 08:38
That sounds like a challenge to me....
Sat 29/06/02 at 00:30
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
There are only two cars for that track - Team Oreca and the Castrol Supra. Try doing 20 laps with only 5 collisions and you are a true master.
Fri 28/06/02 at 14:26
"High polygon count"
It's also the only track I enjoy equally, no matter which way round I race.
Fri 28/06/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I agree - first time round all the street circuits is a total pain. The tracks just look to "fussy" with all the hoardings and stuff and it's a nightmare getting used to them.

But once you do they are very rewarding.
Fri 28/06/02 at 14:16
"High polygon count"
I hated the Tokyo R246 circuit at first, but it's by far my favourite now. :-)
Fri 28/06/02 at 14:07
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Is it?!
>
> Strange - that towerblock is quite distinctive, yet I don't remember
> it. I must be concentrating too hard on the corner!

That's why you get better times and those others keep crashing.

Pah - looking at the scenery. sheeshh !!
Fri 28/06/02 at 14:02
"High polygon count"
Is it?!

Strange - that towerblock is quite distinctive, yet I don't remember it. I must be concentrating too hard on the corner!
Fri 28/06/02 at 13:00
Regular
"  "
Yer thats Tokyo. It's the corner at the end of the long straight.
Fri 28/06/02 at 12:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It looks like the Tokyo city track from GT3, but I can't tell. The screenshot is at a bad angle to see the track properly.
Fri 28/06/02 at 12:54
"High polygon count"
This is a screenshot of GT Concept.

http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/images /2002/vgnews/061002/gtconcept/ gtconcept_screen003.jpg

(Remove 2 spaces)

Does anyone recognize this track from GT3? I don't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.