GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandprix's KOTR rant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 13:36
Regular
Okay, I've been angry and upset a lot recently, nothing to do with the WWF, but chances are, a lot of anger will be vented in this. You have been warned. I'm also aware that things will probably change, hopefully for the better.

I'm going to start with the KOTR itself. What are the WWF thinking? Explain the reason why Brock Lesnar 'deserves' to be King of the Ring and get a shot at the Undisputed title. He's been on TV, what, 6 months, probably not even that and he gets a shot at the title at Summerslam. Here's 3 names for you. Jericho, RVD and Benoit. They deserve the chance so why Brock Lesnar? I don't think he's over with the fans. I don't even think his KOTR matches were any good.

The Cruiserweight title. I don't know who Jamie Noble is and to be honest, I don't care. He's been on TV 2-3 weeks and he gets the title? Are these titles just pawns to get their petty feuds across? In my opinion, the Hurricane carried Jamie Noble to a good match. I reckon the Hurricane will probably get the title back next month proving to me that this belt means nothing.

The less I say about Hogan V Angle and Flair V Guerrero the better. Hogan is really struggling and Flair V Guerrero was just dull.

The Undertaker V HHH was going to be lose-lose. No one was looking forward to it and it took almost 30 minutes for a pathetic roll up! Inject some life into the title!

The only victory for the WWF was Molly winning the Women's title so not much to cheer about there.

All in all, the show could have been so much better. The best match of the night was RVD V Jericho and even that looked disjointed in places. The Hardcore and European titles have pretty much disappeared and the Undisputed title looks dead in the Undertakers hands. The only way it could get worse is if Brock wins the title at Summerslam. If the WWF have any sense, give RVD or Jericho the title shot and give Brock the Intercontinental title.

I will not be happy if it stays the way it it.
Mon 24/06/02 at 21:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ant wrote:
> And would you believe it, I funning missed Chris Jericho vs RVD. Bah!

---

Unlucky. That was the best match of the show.
Mon 24/06/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think a lot of us would be happy if Jericho, RVD, Benoit and Angle main evented for about 6 months.

Just a side note, a rather cryptic Raw preview has been released.

It reads:

"Who is the new King of the Ring?"

Make what you will out of that. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath.
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:11
Regular
No, if you actually bothered to read it in its entirety rather than skim read it it will show otherwise. Go on, read it...
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:09
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I thought RM18 said it was a classic?
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Back in black"
That bad hey? O well, don't worry, Fully loaded is up next I think, on Sky Box office:D
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:37
Regular
Hey Ant, you missed the best match of the night then. None the less, KOTR was boring. Goldust was olright with the backstage part with The Rock but as you say, didn't have much of a part.
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:27
Regular
A couple of weeks ago the WWE gave the fans what they wanted - a Cage match on Smackdown between Angle and Edge and a Ladder Match between RVD and Latino Heat, and gues what? They were great. So why the boring matches at KotR? By the looks of it the WWE are digging a bigger hole for themselves. The best roster they've had in years and they make 53 yr old Ric Flair an active wrestler? No wonder they going down the tube...
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
Two words to describe KOTR - dull and boring.

Where was everyone? The nWo, Booker T and Goldust had shockingly small parts considering what's been going on lately, and where were people like Vince (not that I really missed him), Stacy, Tajiri, Billy Kidman, Billy and Chuck, Bradshaw...I mean, even the Hardys were missing!

How many matches? 7, 8? All of them were normal singles matches. I think one stipulation is fine, but not too many. But at least 1 stipulation please - even if it's just a hardcore match!

Main event was okay I thought, but only thanks to a decent ending (I mean the bit before the roll-up with Rock).

And would you believe it, I funning missed Chris Jericho vs RVD. Bah!
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:22
Regular
Jamie Knoble use to be a member of the Jung Dragons in WCW. Hes talented, but i agree he does not deserve the Crusierweight Title, just yet anyway. Brock, getting a WWE Title shot?! bit to quick ain't it?!
Mon 24/06/02 at 16:45
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'd have to say overall I'd agree with you. No way can you make an event out of a few old wrestlers and 2 new young stars, that yes, are quite good but don't deserve the highs they reached last night on KOTR winning their matches, and titles with their match. I'm talking about Jamie Noble beating The Hurricane for the Cruiserweight, and Brock Lesnar winning King of the Ring.

No matter how much Brock Lesnar deserved to win the King of the Ring, which in my opinion wasn't too deserving so far, he shouldn't have won last night as there were 3 better wrestlers in my opinion. I would've liked to see Chris Jericho vs Rob Van Dam in the final, as that would not only have been a great match, but Jericho and RVD have been in the WWE for long enough to deserve the KOTR title and to have a shot at the Undisputed Championship at Summerslam. I'd also say that Test would deserve to be King of the Ring more than Brock Lesnar, as not only is he established to the WWE, he actually 'deserves' to do well in it now, after all the impressive matches he's put on. Brock Lesnar for KOTR is a big no.

Jamie Noble also, no matter how talented he is, doesn't deserve to be the Cruiserweight Champion. I could see many better candidates for the Cruiserweight Title than Jamie Noble, and personally, I would've liked to see Hurricane defend the Cruiserweight Title, no matter who he was against, as he has been putting on some very good high-flying matches as of late.

I won't go on to the Hogan and Flair part of this rant, as you all know what I'm talking about here. Both of them are too old and unfit, especially Hogan. At least Flair can still move a bit. Personally, I'd say Mr. McMahon is better at wrestling now than them.

Triple H vs Undertaker was always going to be a bore. Undertaker should be retiring soon, and I wouldn't say he's put on a good match since Wrestlemania X-7, and that match was with Triple H. Undertaker may have been wanting to do better at that as it was in his home town, and of course it was Wrestlemania, but now he's just getting worse. Triple H cannot do as a face, and in some way, him being a face doesn't make his match as good as it would be with him as a heel. Not a good match.

Angle vs Hogan was bad, mainly because of Hogan. I'd say Angle is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE, and he carried Hogan to that match, and it was still crap. Hogan + Ric Flair = Get rid of them!

Not a good event. Not many of the events recently have really not been very good, but this is just bad. Fix it soon WWE.

AJ.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.