GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grandprix's KOTR rant"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 13:36
Regular
Okay, I've been angry and upset a lot recently, nothing to do with the WWF, but chances are, a lot of anger will be vented in this. You have been warned. I'm also aware that things will probably change, hopefully for the better.

I'm going to start with the KOTR itself. What are the WWF thinking? Explain the reason why Brock Lesnar 'deserves' to be King of the Ring and get a shot at the Undisputed title. He's been on TV, what, 6 months, probably not even that and he gets a shot at the title at Summerslam. Here's 3 names for you. Jericho, RVD and Benoit. They deserve the chance so why Brock Lesnar? I don't think he's over with the fans. I don't even think his KOTR matches were any good.

The Cruiserweight title. I don't know who Jamie Noble is and to be honest, I don't care. He's been on TV 2-3 weeks and he gets the title? Are these titles just pawns to get their petty feuds across? In my opinion, the Hurricane carried Jamie Noble to a good match. I reckon the Hurricane will probably get the title back next month proving to me that this belt means nothing.

The less I say about Hogan V Angle and Flair V Guerrero the better. Hogan is really struggling and Flair V Guerrero was just dull.

The Undertaker V HHH was going to be lose-lose. No one was looking forward to it and it took almost 30 minutes for a pathetic roll up! Inject some life into the title!

The only victory for the WWF was Molly winning the Women's title so not much to cheer about there.

All in all, the show could have been so much better. The best match of the night was RVD V Jericho and even that looked disjointed in places. The Hardcore and European titles have pretty much disappeared and the Undisputed title looks dead in the Undertakers hands. The only way it could get worse is if Brock wins the title at Summerslam. If the WWF have any sense, give RVD or Jericho the title shot and give Brock the Intercontinental title.

I will not be happy if it stays the way it it.
Tue 25/06/02 at 22:54
Regular
"I like cheese"
The card will have to be very impressive for me to part with my easily-earned money.

Hopefully they'll turn the main event into a fatal 4-way for the title, between Taker, HHH, Rock and Jericho. This would continue a feud started at KOTR, and bring Jericho back into the title scene.

But it would be quite obvious that either HHH or Rock would win.
Tue 25/06/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Considering that after Smackdown this week, HHH will be out of action for anything from 2-6 weeks because of elbow surgery, who knows what will happen.
Tue 25/06/02 at 22:49
Regular
"..."
Ok less of the negatives...one good positive in the PPV which no-one seems to have picked up on is the way the WWE have begun to dange a Triple H 'Will he or won't he?' join the nWo carrot in front of our noses....could be a real tension builder if they do it very slowly...
Tue 25/06/02 at 22:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
There'll still be loads of people that will buy Fully Loaded though, and that'll make the WWE want to keep making events Pay Per View which is annoying.

Fools out there that don't know when a company is in a good or bad stage.
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
For the price they ask on box office, you might as well check the day after the PPV and see if it was any good. If it turned out to be good, wait for the DVD and buy that - its pretty much the same price overall except you don't have to spend the money first and cringe as you think of what else the money could have been spent on rather than wasting it yet another mediocre/crap WWE event.
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:48
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
i wont be paying it either. Usually, the PPVs on Box Office are crap!
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ice Blaster wrote:
> That bad hey? O well, don't worry, Fully loaded is up next I think, on
> Sky Box office:D

Well I won't be watching that one then. Theres no way I'm paying for a WWE event when more often than not, they end up being complete crap. I like watching the likes of RVD and Benoit, but these wrestlers tend to be pushed aside for queue jumpers like Lesner who've been around for a few months. I thought it was criminal that Lesner won KOTR.
Tue 25/06/02 at 21:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
RVD vs Jericho was the only decent match - the rest was pants. Is it just me or are the Lesner matches getting boring quickly ? Considering the way he entered the WWE, he's looking pretty crap overall. Every match is the same, does a few decent moves, gets pounded on by anyone half decent, fatboy Heyman butts in and Lesner gets his finisher on. In the words of Homer Simpson "Booooooooring".

I think RVD is one of the best wrestlers the WWE has, shame they don't seem to see it. Lesner has promise, but god do they need to lose this Heyman crap thats goes with him.
Tue 25/06/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I agree with ya all. King of The Ring was boring. The best two bits were probably the match between Jericho and RVD and the part where Goldust and Booker were talkin to the Rock (That was well funny!).
Flair Vs Eddie Guerreo was sssooooo boring that I just had to skip that match on my VCR.
Mon 24/06/02 at 23:58
Regular
"..."
Chris Jericho used to jokingly call himself 'The Saviour of The WWF' I think now more than ever the WWE needs him main-eventing alongside RVD, Benoit and Guerrero (and not even someone as talented as he could carry Flair to a good match)

GET THE OLD F's OUT!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.