GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GasMask banned?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/06/02 at 10:52
Regular
Just saw in the Top 40 Games thread started by FM, that GasMask's name was greyed out, and he's been banned.

What for? Anyone know?
Page:
Mon 24/06/02 at 14:50
"High polygon count"
Having seen the wording of GasMask's post, I agree with Grix - it does seem extremely harsh.

The format he used isn't even valid for a Fireworks code.
Mon 24/06/02 at 14:43
Regular
Not end of discussion at all, and I don't care if I get banned for arguing for what I believe to be right.

Gasmask made a joke.

He is now banned.

Those are the only two things that matter. You can ban people for being greedy, you can ban people for trying to profit from others works, but you cannot, under ANY circumstances, ban someone for having a laugh, or speaking their mind. That's absolutely f**king disgraceful.
Mon 24/06/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> What Gasmask posted. Numbers removed.
>
> -------------------
>
> I have serial numbers. I have FireWorks. Am I going to give you the
> number, yeah, here, sure:
>
> ****-****-****-****
>
> Thats the honest truth, not made by bashing the keypad with my fist.
> No way. Prove it! :oP
>
> Mwuahah
>
> --------------------
>
> You not familiar with sarcasm, Hybrid? :0)

--

I am the king of sarcasm! Listen, he put up an illegal serial, whether it was a joke or not is his problem. If you say as a joke "Oh i've got a gun" in an airport you'll be banged up regardless of whether you have a gun or not. Joking about stuff like this is not funny. Piracy is a crime. The guy is banned. End of discussion!
Mon 24/06/02 at 13:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
Hybrid Valves wrote:

> Piracy is far more serious than name calling and suggestiveness,
> however she was almost banned last week but Loki stepped in, she has
> been warned!

I won't argue dude, merely say that he posted random numbers as a joke... in a very sarcastic manner... Its a HUGE shame as I know he loved these forums and wouldn't do anything like that intentionally.

:)
Mon 24/06/02 at 13:24
Regular
"Tat Twam Asi"
er-no wrote:
> Hybrid Valves wrote:
> The Ban hat is on, dont temp us!
>
> Hybrid, how come Mystique can get away with some of the really
> distastful posts she submits, and when GasMask (who is an excellent
> member) steps out of line he gets banned?
>
> Surely a deletion of the post and a warning would have been enough?

--

Piracy is far more serious than name calling and suggestiveness, however she was almost banned last week but Loki stepped in, she has been warned!
Mon 24/06/02 at 13:06
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I don't think they're gonna un-ban him, shame though.
Mon 24/06/02 at 13:05
Regular
What Gasmask posted. Numbers removed.

-------------------

I have serial numbers. I have FireWorks. Am I going to give you the number, yeah, here, sure:

Thats the honest truth, not made by bashing the keypad with my fist. No way. Prove it! :oP

Mwuahah

--------------------

You not familiar with sarcasm, Hybrid? :0)
Mon 24/06/02 at 13:02
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It was an easy mistake though, he was probably tired or sommet, it's the first time i've seen someone whos been here a long time being banned.
I doubt Notables or Regulars with a lot of influence like Mystique would be banned though, although, rules are rules...
Mon 24/06/02 at 13:01
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Looks to me as though Gassy was just making that number up, sarcasm intended in his post.

Now (as ers said) if Mystique said that....
Mon 24/06/02 at 13:01
Regular
Yeah, personally, think it's a leeetttle rash to ban someone so easily like that. If you banned him for liking dance music, then fair enough, but he made a mistake here, that's all, just a mistake, and there's a good chance it was just a joke anyway.

To stop someone from venting poop just because they made a little mistake that they're obviously going to learn from is not a nice thing.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.