GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"E3 awards"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/06/02 at 22:02
Regular
This may have already been covered but i'll post this anyway.

Nintendo did well at E3. 2 wins and 3 runner ups

wins

best console game: legend of zelda

best hardware: wavebird

runner up

best action game: metroid prime

best of show: legend of zelda

best action/adventure: mario sunshine
Wed 26/06/02 at 11:50
Regular
It might be big, bulky, impractical, expensive, designed for just one game and I may not think that it deserves to get the Wave Bird's prize...

But it does look VERY cool...
Mon 24/06/02 at 20:26
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
hello everybody,

(in background) Hi, I.love.gamecube
Mon 24/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> It was an X-Box exclusive at first then Ubi Soft announced at E3 that
> it would be coming to all formats.
>
> *sticks out tongue* so there :D

::boots Tiltawhirl in the mouth while he sticks his tongue out:: ;-)
Meh, who cares in the long run - X-Box will have the best version, even if it is just a more polished look. So nur ;-p
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
That's why in general I prefer to play games like FPS and other high spec kinda games on a console... but if it's a choice between a PC or forking out for a new console just to play one or two shooters that may run slow on PC, it's the PC every time...
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Doom 3 looks immense, but i cant help but feel scared about what the system specs will be to run the beast.
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:17
Regular
It was an X-Box exclusive at first then Ubi Soft announced at E3 that it would be coming to all formats.

*sticks out tongue* so there :D
Mon 24/06/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
And the fact that every other (I think?) Tom Clancy game has been on PC, and they've usually been on the PC first then ported over to consoles...
Mon 24/06/02 at 17:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah thats fair enough, but its also been said by Robbie Bach - straight from Microsoft. And the fact that it was said as a "console exclusive" pretty much says that it'll arrive on PC too.
Mon 24/06/02 at 17:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Official mags aren't usually the best... dunno if it is Xbox exclusive, but I'm sure I have heard the name before...

Well, nevermind eh, I'm sure it'll be on PC...

;-)
Mon 24/06/02 at 17:48
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
As for the experience of Steel Battalion being expensive, yeah apparently the game and controller together will cost just under £100. So say £45 for the game, to me £55 isn't too bad for a controller the size of the one thats coming with the game. Esepcially when you look at the price of steering wheels on consoles.

Of course theres only one game being used with it right now but thats because it was designed for the game. From here if companies such as Microsoft release other mech games (or maybe even other new ideas), then the controller can be used in the future too. With the way the controller is designed, it could probably make a good controller for controlling a ship too. So there is potential in it beyond Steel Battalion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.