GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Might give up PC gaming for console gaming"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 18:46
Regular
Why?
Because my PC locks up on my favourite game TActical ops..... and other games for some reason it's messing my head up.... i can't be bothered to diagnose the problem at all...
Sun 23/06/02 at 17:24
Regular
a new PC is way too expensive.... whereas i can get a good console for £130... oh well. IF i want a new PC i will be severely in debt. i can't let that happen.
Sun 23/06/02 at 17:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Your loss, and you don't have to upgrade all the time. I'm planning a big upgrade by the end of the year, and it'll keep my PC going for longer than my last computewr did. It also saves me spending yet more money on another console, namely microtosh's x-box.
Sun 23/06/02 at 17:14
Regular
i cannot be arsed to keep up to date with this so called up to date PC specs..... so i am giving up.
Gonna get a GC to keep my mind off....
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:10
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Snipe® wrote:
> Why?
> Because my PC locks up on my favourite game TActical ops..... and
> other games for some reason it's messing my head up.... i can't be
> bothered to diagnose the problem at all...

An ironic choice at the moment when PC gaming seems to be going through such a renaissance?

(Especially considering how disappointing releases were a year ago... and how people were predicting the commercial death of PC gaming by now too)
Sun 23/06/02 at 03:04
Regular
yea....
Sat 22/06/02 at 19:59
Regular
sorry, posted that twice cos my computer froze for a second. Damned computer :-)
Sat 22/06/02 at 19:59
Regular
I wouldn't get rid of your PC. If you can afford it, keep it and get a console. Simple problems like crashing you can sort out, or for a small fee, get someone else to do it. Remember, you're not just giving up a games machine, but a complete multimedia system. You don't have anywhere near as much freedom with a console. Most console games end up on the PC anyway, although admittedly, keeping a PC up to date, to cope with new games, is a costly affair. If it is only games you're interested in, then both are good, but I'd never give up my PC for a console.
Sat 22/06/02 at 19:58
Regular
I wouldn't get rid of your PC. If you can afford it, keep it and get a console. Simple problems like crashing you can sort out, or for a small fee, get someone else to do it. Remember, you're not just giving up a games machine, but a complete multimedia system. You don't have anywhere near as much freedom with a console. Most console games end up on the PC anyway, although admittedly, keeping a PC up to date, to cope with new games, is a costly affair. If it is only games you're interested in, then both are good, but I'd never give up my PC for a console.
Sat 22/06/02 at 19:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Try a bit of both. I have a PC and can deal with such trivial problems as games freezing and crashing, it doesn't happen often, but it doesn't really bother me when it does.

Anyway, I also have a PS2 and will soon be investing in a brand new GC aswell, this means I get the best of both gaming worlds and don't need to do something which I personally see as foolish, which is give up my PC.

Although I think it would be a mistake to give up PC gaming for consoles, the decision is yours, and I'd think carefully about it if I where you before you make any big decisions.
Sat 22/06/02 at 18:46
Regular
Why?
Because my PC locks up on my favourite game TActical ops..... and other games for some reason it's messing my head up.... i can't be bothered to diagnose the problem at all...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.