GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Might give up PC gaming for console gaming"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 18:46
Regular
Why?
Because my PC locks up on my favourite game TActical ops..... and other games for some reason it's messing my head up.... i can't be bothered to diagnose the problem at all...
Sat 13/07/02 at 11:31
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Fog wrote:
> A 300W power Supply (PSU)-Macron's are nicer but that will be enough
> for any upgrade but motherboards do rely on the cases, you'll need to
> find out if your case is an 'ATX' or an 'AT' case, the modern ones are
> ATX, depends on what you want, you can get new cases with 300W PSUs
> for around £20.

Thanks for that fog, but I have decided to put upgrading my motherboard on hold for a while longer. Still I think this will help me allot. Anyway, I have decided to upgrade my processor in a few months instead, as I think that will keep my PC going for quite a bit, hence why I don't feel the need to upgrade what I was planning.

I still have a couple of questions though. The first is, how can I find out what available processor speeds my motherboard has, as I know there is a limit, I just don't know how to find out. My second question is, does anyone have any names of web-sites or books I could look at which will help me when I decide to replace my motherboard when the time comes. I obviously need to research it first before I make any drastic decisions, so any help with these two questions will be much appreciated.
Fri 12/07/02 at 21:02
Regular
Snipe® wrote:
> i used to lag on this game called tac ops near water...... i have a
> sis 730 updated the AGP driver viola it stopped lagging, the UT screen
> would minimize and maximise in seconds etc plus got a 5fps boost up to
> 40 fps on TNT 2.

EAt my words its more smoother on this than that that was at least 15 fps.....
Fri 12/07/02 at 20:46
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
cipro wrote:
> I have a question for you Davyboy.
>
> I am planning a big upgrade probably by the end of the year or
> sometime early next year, my question is can you fit any motherboard
> you want into the PC case, or does it have to be of a specific type
> depending on what type of case you have?

A 300W power Supply (PSU)-Macron's are nicer but that will be enough for any upgrade but motherboards do rely on the cases, you'll need to find out if your case is an 'ATX' or an 'AT' case, the modern ones are ATX, depends on what you want, you can get new cases with 300W PSUs for around £20.
Fri 12/07/02 at 17:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Snipe® wrote:
> okay i've removed a stick of 128mb RAM down to 512mb cos windows is
> meant to hate anything above that. seemed to stop crashing and
> freezing.

Heh i told you.
Fri 12/07/02 at 15:58
Regular
okay i've removed a stick of 128mb RAM down to 512mb cos windows is meant to hate anything above that. seemed to stop crashing and freezing.
Sat 29/06/02 at 17:42
Regular
u probably need to check if u have a good enuff PSU 300 watt should be enuff.
Sat 29/06/02 at 13:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I have a question for you Davyboy.

I am planning a big upgrade probably by the end of the year or sometime early next year, my question is can you fit any motherboard you want into the PC case, or does it have to be of a specific type depending on what type of case you have?

Probably a stupid question, but I know little of how to fit motherboards, and need to find out before I decide to upgrade.
Fri 28/06/02 at 00:11
Regular
i used to lag on this game called tac ops near water...... i have a sis 730 updated the AGP driver viola it stopped lagging, the UT screen would minimize and maximise in seconds etc plus got a 5fps boost up to 40 fps on TNT 2.
Thu 27/06/02 at 23:56
Regular
yea i gonna get a new GFX card..... amazingly tho i updated my chipset AGP driver it works even better on a TNT 2 (b0rked but working)
Thu 27/06/02 at 19:51
I have both a PC and a Game Cube but that dont stop me from upgrading my Pc . I have been doing so for about5 years now and found it to be a lot of fun + you get to know you PC for better that way ;0) BTW have:
XP1800 athlon
Soltek SL-75dvr5 333 board (thinks SR should stock theese as there are so cheap, fast and reliable
128 mb 266 ddr (soon to upgrade though)
Msi geforse 3 t200 ( fine board for the price)
30 gb 7200rpm hard drive
videologic 6channel sound card(I think better then creative)
XR-500 speakers (outstanding for the price)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.