GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"South Korea's success - Skill, Luck, Fix, or something else?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/06/02 at 12:00
Regular
A bit of all 4, really.

They have been called the success story of the World Cup, and have knocked out Italy, and now Spain. But what are these freak victories down to? Let's see...

Skill:

Both South Korea and Japan have famously put a lot of training into the tournament, with their foreign manager's organising many friendly matches since no qualification to the World Cup was required. There have definitely been matches where they deserved to win, and matches where they have certainly played well, proving the huge amount of training was worth it.

Luck:

There definitely were times when it wasn't them who got the goals scored, and that other teams just made mistakes. I can't think of much else to say on htis one...

Fix:

Call me paranoiac (sp), but in the Spain and Italy games there did as though something fishy was going on...

In both games, the losing teams had two goals each disallowed from "bad officiating", and they definitely should have been counted.

The referees acted hostile towards the opponents, and were cheerful to the Koreans.

The two refs were Egyptian, a nationality not strong in FIFA therefore easily bribed.

Totti's sending off was ridiculous.

Something else:

The evidence behind this: I don't know much about footie :-D
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 22/06/02 at 12:00
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
A bit of all 4, really.

They have been called the success story of the World Cup, and have knocked out Italy, and now Spain. But what are these freak victories down to? Let's see...

Skill:

Both South Korea and Japan have famously put a lot of training into the tournament, with their foreign manager's organising many friendly matches since no qualification to the World Cup was required. There have definitely been matches where they deserved to win, and matches where they have certainly played well, proving the huge amount of training was worth it.

Luck:

There definitely were times when it wasn't them who got the goals scored, and that other teams just made mistakes. I can't think of much else to say on htis one...

Fix:

Call me paranoiac (sp), but in the Spain and Italy games there did as though something fishy was going on...

In both games, the losing teams had two goals each disallowed from "bad officiating", and they definitely should have been counted.

The referees acted hostile towards the opponents, and were cheerful to the Koreans.

The two refs were Egyptian, a nationality not strong in FIFA therefore easily bribed.

Totti's sending off was ridiculous.

Something else:

The evidence behind this: I don't know much about footie :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.