GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't Blame Seaman"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 10:47
Regular
Yes it was a terrible goalkeeping error, and yes, Seaman was at fault for letting in a goal, bjt there is no way that he should be blamed for this defeat.

We had 40 minutes to get back into the game, 35 of those against 10 men, and we didn't once trouble their goalkeeper.

We wasted possession, and didn't shoot from decent postitions. I counted 2 ocassions in which Dyer got the ball at the edge of the area, and layed to ball of rather than taking a pop at goal. Just hitting the target would have fired us up, but in the end we just passed it about too much, let Brazil get organised, then just threw the ball in.

Still, if at the start of the tournament, we were told that we'd get to the quarter final, I doubt many people would have been disappointed with that. It's just a shame that we went out so tamely.
Fri 21/06/02 at 12:14
Regular
"Baros!!!"
yep, I agree there as look at the other keepers how many mistakes they do in one match, Seaman only did 1 mistake in 5 matches.
Fri 21/06/02 at 12:29
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> I hardly think that Seaman will recieve the same treatment from
> Premiership fans as Beckham did after France '98!
>
> And that was his last ever World Cup too, wasn't it.
> Sad to see him go without helping us to win anything special -
> probably why he was so upset at the end there.
> But at least he's got memories of some great saves and great team
> moments from over the years.
>
> The qualification and this World Cup come to mind, aswell as Euro '96
> and more.

Mayb we'll give Richard Wright a chancen ow for arsenal?
Fri 21/06/02 at 12:38
Regular
"England skipper"
I dont blame seaman at all he has a great torunmaent.

It was just a bit of bad luck.
Fri 21/06/02 at 16:25
Regular
"Bobba you"
Beefcake wrote:
> I blame Seaman. His disribution was a disgrace too. He has a stupid
> pony tail and a moustache. What more is there to add?

What is your problem?

Does the way he look effect the way he plays?!!

Just lay of him, he is great keeper and what a way to go out of his last World cup. He really did look unhappy he even made me show some emotion. So why dont you!?
Fri 21/06/02 at 18:36
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont blame Seaman at all - I guess it was his mistake but if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have made the second round!
Fri 21/06/02 at 21:52
"`·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.·`·"
course it wasn't seamans fault
Sat 22/06/02 at 13:10
Seaman is getting too old, we need a new keeper.
Sat 22/06/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
He is still a brilliant goalie but I have a feeling he will be retiring from international football soon after he returns home.

The goal was reminiscent of the one scored against Peter Shilton at Italia 90 which I feel he was he should have jumped and knocked it over but was too old and slow to do so.
Sat 22/06/02 at 14:33
Regular
It's disappointing for Seaman, he's had a brilliant World Cup so far. Shame this may be his last.
Sat 22/06/02 at 14:34
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Seaman visited my dads school just before the tournament and apparently he was a really nice bloke.

He's had a great career, and it's sad it finished as it did. I personally think his disorientation was messed up after that save he made when he went over his fellow player and went head first into the ball.

That save in my opinion sums him up, he's always taken risks when he's had to and he's a credit to our team.

Don't blame him, everyone makes mistakes. Of course I'm disappointed we didn't go all the way, but I'm also proud of what we have achieved - 3 goals against a side that beat France, and we gave the deadly blow to Argentina's world cup campaign.

We're a brilliant side, with brilliant players, and Seamans still Englands number 1. I was as gobsmacked as everyone else when that goal went in - there was no way I could see that goal going into the back of the net. My mouth stayed open for several minutes afterwards in amazement. My argument is we probably would have judged it the same. Seaman is a million times better than anyone who can criticise them - after all he's in the England team and the people that criticise him have not got the skill. It's easy to say that he should have saved that goal, but the fact is it probably wasn't under the circumstances.

I still respect David Seaman, I just think it's a shame people will remember him for this rather than his greatest moments including saving that ball against Argentina, and saving England's game in loads of other fixtures. I don't want him to be treated like Beckham after '98. It's just plain silly and pointless...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.