GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England 1 0 Brazil"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/06/02 at 08:08
Regular
Oh yes. Great Owen goal!!
Fri 21/06/02 at 11:23
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Apparently Scholes has been having some fitness problems recently, but Butt did ok.

And anyone would have a real problem trying to keep up with Ronaldinho!!
But luckily for Brazill's next opponents, he's wronfully suspended!

I reckon Brazil will go all the way now.
Fri 21/06/02 at 11:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If I'm disappointed in anyone, its Scholes. The bloke just can't tackle and seemed to be responsible for most of the free kicks we gave away - particularly the one that led to the second goal.
Fri 21/06/02 at 11:03
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Solskjær wrote:
> Just like in so many of our other matches, the first half was by-far
> our best of the 2. But the second half was just shocking, we basically
> gifted Brazil the game and let them do what they wanted!!
> And Ronaldinho did not deserve to be sent off, only yellow carded!
> He had no real intention of stamping on Mills, only getting his foot
> around the ball to drag it away.

Agreed. To be honest, he was Brazil's danger-man for me. Everytime he had the ball, he looked dangerous. He sold Ashley Cole with one-step over, then passed a nice weighted ball to Rivaldo, who went on to score and then scored with a free-kick himself.

Scholes and Butt had problems trying to contain him.
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:56
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Just like in so many of our other matches, the first half was by-far our best of the 2. But the second half was just shocking, we basically gifted Brazil the game and let them do what they wanted!!
And Ronaldinho did not deserve to be sent off, only yellow carded!
He had no real intention of stamping on Mills, only getting his foot around the ball to drag it away.

I wasn't surprised to see Ronaldo go of, as he looked quite dissapointing in the second half, and i'm glad to see that Eriksson doesn't believe we rely on Owen to score goals!
I said they're defence was bad - and that was proven with Owen's goal!

And as for Rivaldo's goal, that was Sol Campbell's fault if anyones. He left Rivaldo to run off into a good space and suddenly realised it when it was all to late. Ronaldinho was fantastic - better than in Copa America '99! Superb free kick, although I don't think it was intended.

I think Roberto Carlos could've done better with his, but he looked dangerous coming forward. And with the large number of set-pieces England were gifted by the Brazillians, we should've come a lot closer to scoring at least one extra goal!

Oh, and those 2 Beckham-Penlaty incidents were waved-away correctly, as there was no real intention of a foul from the defenders.
And I feel for David Seaman seeing the way he landed! :S
I also think he should've gone-off for Martyn.
You can't afford to rely on a half-injured man to do the job against Brazil - especially with a back injury!!

Good match - for Brazil.
I knew we woudn't beat them but no-one wold listen! :P
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:53
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
My opinion;

Unlucky to England, Congrats to Brazil. England were beaten by the new World Champions IMO.

I still think England need a player akin to someone like Ronaldinho or Rivaldo, someone who can turn a game with a piece of brilliance. Other than that, I thought the team did bloddy well to get this far.
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Small Frog wrote:
> Welsh, actually.

Well you can certainly be let off then cause your lot are never gonna have anything to shout about other than an England exit.

As for Ortega's comment on our performance - hey, we might be s*** - still beat your bunch of monkeys though.
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:06
Regular
they are world class brazil.
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Or?ega wrote:
> No one gonna pick up on Beckham "diving" or at least
> "making a meal of it" on a couple of occasions in the
> penalty box...

Yeh, but still not as bad as Rivaldo in this tournament..

*Throws a small stone at Rivaldo - Take him to the hospital someone!*
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:01
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Lord H wrote:

>
> Or is it just some English person being a pedant?

Welsh, actually.
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:00
Regular
No one gonna pick up on Beckham "diving" or at least "making a meal of it" on a couple of occasions in the penalty box...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.