GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF10 - ~this is how you do it~"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 21:07
Regular
Okay, there's been a lot of Final Fantasy 10 stuff floating around the various different forums, from the sentence long 'cn u hlp me im stk on da boss ya no da 1 near dat road' types, to proper, decent conversations where every post is a couple of paragraphs long.

Anyway, the purpose of me starting this is for the very, very advanced players. When I say advanced, I mean 100 hours plus. While I'm not really this far, I have done a lot of the bonus stuff. So this thread can be used to talk about all the extras, bonuses and most importantly - who is better than who.

I've just finished my first Blitzball season and came second. I can now get Wakka's Celestial weapon, giving me a grand total of 5 (I think). Tidus's, Lulu's, Yuna's, Wakka's and Rikku's.

Also, my Wakka is amazing on the sphere grid, and he's completed about 2/3 of it, whereas the rest of my people are more like 1/3. I don't know why, but he always seems to get 1.5x the amount of AP that everyone else does, for no reason.

So then, chat away. I'll start the topic off by saying, oh, who's defeated all the dark aeons. Don't suppose I'll get many replies to that question though...
Thu 20/06/02 at 21:07
Regular
"¬_¬"
Okay, there's been a lot of Final Fantasy 10 stuff floating around the various different forums, from the sentence long 'cn u hlp me im stk on da boss ya no da 1 near dat road' types, to proper, decent conversations where every post is a couple of paragraphs long.

Anyway, the purpose of me starting this is for the very, very advanced players. When I say advanced, I mean 100 hours plus. While I'm not really this far, I have done a lot of the bonus stuff. So this thread can be used to talk about all the extras, bonuses and most importantly - who is better than who.

I've just finished my first Blitzball season and came second. I can now get Wakka's Celestial weapon, giving me a grand total of 5 (I think). Tidus's, Lulu's, Yuna's, Wakka's and Rikku's.

Also, my Wakka is amazing on the sphere grid, and he's completed about 2/3 of it, whereas the rest of my people are more like 1/3. I don't know why, but he always seems to get 1.5x the amount of AP that everyone else does, for no reason.

So then, chat away. I'll start the topic off by saying, oh, who's defeated all the dark aeons. Don't suppose I'll get many replies to that question though...
Thu 20/06/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I have defeated Dark Valefore and Dark Ifrit but I could only do it by having Yojimbo do his Zanmato move (which kills everything ni one hit).

My Wakka has also covered the biggest area on the sphere grid. He's probably just over 2/3 I'd say with Tidus fairly close behind and the rest on about a half or maybe just under. Except for Kimarhi of course, who sucks!

I have the Celestial Weapons for Auron, Yuna, Rikku and Tidus. However, only Auron's, Yuna's and Tidus's are at full power. Where do you get Lulu's and (more importantly) Wakka's celestial weapons then?

My game time has just exceeded the 100 hour mark as well and my Blitzball team rules. I have Noy Guado in goal, with Botta and Jassu in defense. Then I have Auda Guado in midfield and Tidus (who regained his place after learning the Jecht Shot) as my left forward. However, the star of my team (and of Blizball on the whole) is my right forward, Blappa. He has an endurance of 34, a passing accuracy of 35, a shot accuracy of 40 and loads of HP. I have won 2 leagues and about 4 tournaments.

In the desert, I have found 6 of the warrior cactuars now. The last one I found was Vacheecha (or something along those lines). Now I have to find one that is 'trapped inside' or something. Haven't been able to find him yet though.

I completed the main quest on about 90 hours, having been able to access the final boss since about 50 hours.

Still, I'm going strong. I haven't played another game in ages.
Thu 20/06/02 at 23:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
½pint wrote:
> Anyway, the purpose of me starting this is for the very, very advanced
> players. When I say advanced, I mean 100 hours plus. While I'm not
> really this far, I have done a lot of the bonus stuff. So this thread
> can be used to talk about all the extras, bonuses and most importantly
> - who is better than who.

Bah, this from the player who said in another thread
(9:57pm on 06/06/2002 - 'First Impressions'):

> Well, I admit I bought the official guide today. Not to actually use
> as a guide guide, but for information on all the sub-quests, extras
> and general monster tips. It also has a great explanation for
> levelling up...

So we should rephrase the last sentence of the first paragraph to "So this thread can be used to talk about all the extras, bonuses and most importantly - who's using an OFFICIAL GUIDE described as:

"The most comprehensive guide ever produced by piggyback leaves no stone unturned in exploring every facet of the epic Final Fantasy X. These 228 full-colour pages are packed with exclusive artwork, high-resolution screenshots, detailed information, statistics, maps and more.

Detailed secrets to Final Fantasy X - with exclusive info from the games developers.

Complete game system with all hidden combat possibilities.

In-deth Sphere Grid and more: we cover all aspects of developing your characters.

Comprehensive area maps showing all objects to be found.

Exhaustive mini-game tactics: blitzball made easy.

Entire step by step walkthrough as you would expect from piggyback.

All-inclusive information and statistics on monsters, weapons, items and abilities." - (courtesy of online website that sounds like a female warrior)

and who's actually exploring the game for themselves."
Fri 21/06/02 at 21:02
Regular
"¬_¬"
Grrr. :@

There is a long story behind that...

I'm going to explain, but I doubt you'll be bothered to read it...

Anyway, you're right, and as I said, I bought the official guide. It was for all the secrets and stuff, and all that, and it was great and all, but in the desperate strive for money that is my life, I decided that £12.99 was very pricey for something which can be downloaded off the official site. And since there are much, much more in depth guides on gamefaqs, I took it back saying that 'I thought it was the FF9 guide'. When they tried to sell me the official FF9 guide I said I didn't need it any more.

So yes, I DID buy the official guide, but you're right - cheaters never prosper and it has been a lot better playing without the guide. I did actually look on an items location guide on www.gamefaqs.com but other than that my journey is about 99% guide-free.

And I doubt that you could do any better - if you've unlocked places like the omega dungeon, baaj temple and the like you're bound to have looked at a guide or codes anyway.
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:21
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
½pint wrote:
if you've unlocked places
> like the omega dungeon, baaj temple and the like you're bound to have
> looked at a guide or codes anyway.

Errrrm....I've unlocked Omega Ruins and Baaj Temple and I didn't use a guide. I don't see why you would have to for them anyway since you just randomly search the world map and you'll find them. That's what I did anyway.
Sat 22/06/02 at 13:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Vottanator wrote:
> ½pint wrote:
> if you've unlocked places
> like the omega dungeon, baaj temple and the like you're bound to
> have
> looked at a guide or codes anyway.
>
>
>
> Errrrm....I've unlocked Omega Ruins and Baaj Temple and I didn't use a
> guide. I don't see why you would have to for them anyway since you
> just randomly search the world map and you'll find them. That's what I
> did anyway.

LOL, ditto! Just clicked lots of places at random (tried getting the cursor to do one pixel at a time methodically but gave up) and there it was.

The thing about gamefaqs and guides and so on is that I personally believe they totally detract from the actual gameplay. Part of Final Fantasy games is exploring, and a guide takes all that away from you, so instead of fighting monsters and thinking 'Yay, I'm levelling up, wonder what's around this next corner?' you're thinking 'Bah, another random battle and I just needed to get around that corner because I need that powerup that's in the chest behind the mirror that's hanging there.'
Sat 22/06/02 at 15:06
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah that's what I thought. I considered getting the guide but then I knew as soon as I was stuck on any sub quest for even a minute, I'd get out the guide and take a look so I didn't.
Sat 22/06/02 at 16:55
Regular
"¬_¬"
Same here, actually. I used the guide for one thing - the monster arena stuff and getting to Anima, and that was boring. Then after that, I went to the Omega Dungeon on my own (using co-ordinates posted in here, I think) and did that without the guide. Much better, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, guess what I spent the £12.99 on in the end???

McDonalds, Cinema and a massive popcorn and drink :D.
Sun 23/06/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I just completed it yesterday on 72 hours.
Regarding the cactar thats stuck inside then head back towards the oasis and you should find a chest that hasn't been there before,thats where he is.

i have celestal weapons for lulu, wakka, auron, rikku and yuna with yuna's at full power.
I know where Tidus's weapon is but can't get to it because of some woman and kimari's i really don't want.
Sun 23/06/02 at 12:22
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
The only Celestial Weapon I don't have now is Kimarhi's. I have everyone elses with Rikku's, Auron's, Yuna's and Tidus's on max power and the rest just powered up once.

The thing is, Auron is really weak with his weapon but he seems to do more damage when he has no hits left. I can't wait to get the Saturn Sigil though (no idea how to get it) because I know Wakka is gonna be amazinlgy powerful.

I want Lulu's sigil too. But 200 dodges of lightning in a row! I did 76, then lost concentration and did something stupid resulting in the bolt zapping my to the floor.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.