GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FF10 - ~this is how you do it~"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 21:07
Regular
Okay, there's been a lot of Final Fantasy 10 stuff floating around the various different forums, from the sentence long 'cn u hlp me im stk on da boss ya no da 1 near dat road' types, to proper, decent conversations where every post is a couple of paragraphs long.

Anyway, the purpose of me starting this is for the very, very advanced players. When I say advanced, I mean 100 hours plus. While I'm not really this far, I have done a lot of the bonus stuff. So this thread can be used to talk about all the extras, bonuses and most importantly - who is better than who.

I've just finished my first Blitzball season and came second. I can now get Wakka's Celestial weapon, giving me a grand total of 5 (I think). Tidus's, Lulu's, Yuna's, Wakka's and Rikku's.

Also, my Wakka is amazing on the sphere grid, and he's completed about 2/3 of it, whereas the rest of my people are more like 1/3. I don't know why, but he always seems to get 1.5x the amount of AP that everyone else does, for no reason.

So then, chat away. I'll start the topic off by saying, oh, who's defeated all the dark aeons. Don't suppose I'll get many replies to that question though...
Thu 27/06/02 at 17:59
Regular
"¬_¬"
Don't be nasty, he obviously knew where to come for expert advice...

I'd say you're about 10 hours from the end in terms of straight quest. If you were to just follow the story, it would only be about 2 or 3 hours, however you'll probably do a bit of levelling up.

But if you're planning on doing extra stuff (which I know you will), you've only just scratched the surface of the game. I'm currently on something like 80 hours and I've only defeated one dark aeon, and my characters are nowhere near maximum stats.
Thu 27/06/02 at 13:14
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Then really you shouldn't be here because this is for the players who have completed it and are doing the extras. However, i myself was stuck on this boss. My best advice is to buy 99 holy waters, get your summons overdrives up to full power and fight. Go for the mertowhatever until it only takes 1000 hp a time and then start attacking seymour. this method easily worked for me and should do for you.
Thu 27/06/02 at 12:56
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Before I start, Final Fantsay X is the first FF game i've ever played, let alone bought, so please don't mock me....

Anyway, i've just got to the part where you meet seymour for the 3rd time (in the snowy mountain bit....) and i'm on about 45 hours. My Sphere grid is looking pretty good and i'm approximately at Level 3.

What is your advice on where i should go from here. I haven't tried to rush the game and i've always tried to explore each section quite a bit. I'm worried that i've missed too much stuff out or something. How far is it from where i am to the final boss.

Please help me!
Wed 26/06/02 at 23:12
god, those ninty fanboys :)`
Wed 26/06/02 at 23:04
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> he's only good for his big protect thingy

Mighty guard? Yeah, but Rikku can do a better one anyway on her overdrive. Only made it once though and I can't remember how. Doh!
Wed 26/06/02 at 23:02
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Mr. Chainsaw wrote:
> huh? well why does it give a choice?

I think it's because you get to decide how to develop your characters. In the Beginner one, you start with a Level 1 Lock behind each character so you have no choice but to follow a set route.
Wed 26/06/02 at 22:43
he's only good for his big protect thingy
Wed 26/06/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh I forgot about the other Sphere grid. Well it doesn't matter anyway. I have covered the whole of the grid with Wakka anyway, and almost all of it with Yuna. Then we come to Kimarhi....he jsut reached his fourth node! Well done Kimarhi. Well done!

He's a confidence fighter you see. Needs to be told he's great in order to perform. Similar to Heskey. And similar in another way too - even when he is told he is great, he's still crap.
Wed 26/06/02 at 20:41
huh? well why does it give a choice?
Wed 26/06/02 at 20:39
Regular
"¬_¬"
Absolutely no difference other than the layout. There are exactly the same number of every sphere, node, and blank node.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.