GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We Want Cheap Games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
The Gamecube console itself is £130 but I paid about £40 for the games . I worked out that we are paying about a third of the console on one game compared with a fith with the price if the console with the x-box and playstation 2.Im not being picky but perhaps there should be a small price drop in the games!!!
Thu 20/06/02 at 20:31
Regular
>
> P.s. We'd all prefer it if you bothered to type properly, rather than
> the annoying netspeak that seems to get everywhere. Well, maybe
> that's just me,

Having said that, I just realised that what you wrote was absolutely fine. Well, Playstation 2 and X-Box with capitals would be nice, and I'm, rather than Im. So almost there.

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to sound annoying. And I do sometimes sound like an English teacher.

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig
Thu 20/06/02 at 20:28
Regular
Interesting how someone else uses the same figures in the latest NOM letters section. Actually, perhaps it was you.

If you think about it, though, what you're saying really doesn't make much sense. The Gamecube is a brand new console, and the games are priced as such. It is a bonus that the console is so cheap - but that doesn't mean that the games should be cheap too. Current GC games are at the same average price as recent PS2 and X-Box games. If anything, they could be more expensive, in order that Nintendo make enough profit when taking into account the low price of the console.

Despite this, it would be nice if we could buy some GC games for £30-35. If you look around, you already can in some places, but many shops charge at least £40 for anything on the Gamecube. However, the GC is a very new console, and I hope that in a years time, the launch titles will be old, and will be able to be bought cheaply (or second hand), at a price more like £30 than £40.

I'm sure that the prices will drop by the end of the console's lifetime - Nintendo no longer have expensive cartridges to worry about, and there will probably eventually be some sort of budget range.

Given the strength of gameplay of so many titles, though, I'm quite happy to pay £40 for Pikmin, Sonic, Star Wars, and probably many other titles. I still believe that the Gamecube offers me a much better, much more fun, and much more original gaming experiance than any of the other consoles. What's more, even if the games are £10 more expensive, you will have to buy 7 in order to make up the price of the console. Fair enough, I'll probably have that many in a year's time, but I'm still enjoying the titles that I do have.

Also, Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay.

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

P.s. We'd all prefer it if you bothered to type properly, rather than the annoying netspeak that seems to get everywhere. Well, maybe that's just me,

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

P.p.s. I said that twice. Must be old age. At 15. Goodness
Thu 20/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
The Gamecube console itself is £130 but I paid about £40 for the games . I worked out that we are paying about a third of the console on one game compared with a fith with the price if the console with the x-box and playstation 2.Im not being picky but perhaps there should be a small price drop in the games!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.