GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We Want Cheap Games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/06/02 at 19:34
Regular
The Gamecube console itself is £130 but I paid about £40 for the games . I worked out that we are paying about a third of the console on one game compared with a fith with the price if the console with the x-box and playstation 2.Im not being picky but perhaps there should be a small price drop in the games!!!
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:46
Regular
"One More Chance"
Patch wrote:
> The Gamecube console itself is £130 but I paid about £40
> for the games . I worked out that we are paying about a third of the
> console on one game compared with a fith with the price if the console
> with the x-box and playstation 2.Im not being picky but perhaps there
> should be a small price drop in the games!!!

You piece of crap, I wrote that and won letter of the month (not kidding ask Rickoss, Ice Blaster and Starlight, my name is Joe Tapper) and there you are ripping it off.
Fri 21/06/02 at 17:40
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
mikelar10 wrote:
> **Kerrang!** wrote:
> When I buy games I usually look for ones that will last me some time
> so I get my moneys worth.
>
> Maybe so for you but look at Pikmin for example. It IS a good game
> and well worth a play be being worth 40 quid is a different matter
> just because it's a tad short. If that means you'll never buy Pikmin
> because it's short (or any other game) you may miss out........

I got Pikmin as a GAD claim but I would have brought it anyway because it has got really good reviews. I stayed away from Luigi's Mansion due to the shortness, I played on my mates copy and didn't really like it, but thats just my taste in games. I got Pikmin through the post today and so far it has been great... infact I'm off to play on it! :)
Fri 21/06/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The problem with making console software a lor cheaper aswell as the consoles themselves is that the companies will be getting less money in, and will therefore be unable to produce as much and work as hard as they would like to, and it could even ruin them - like with SEGA's finances!

I admit that they SEEM a little on the expensive size, but there are reasons, and a large majority of these games are well-worth the money we pay! And if you don't wanna pay that much, you can look for them pre-owned, or even in competitions like GAD for example, and try your luck! :)
Fri 21/06/02 at 10:48
Regular
"Selected"
**Kerrang!** wrote:
> When I buy games I usually look for ones that will last me some time
> so I get my moneys worth.

Maybe so for you but look at Pikmin for example. It IS a good game and well worth a play be being worth 40 quid is a different matter just because it's a tad short. If that means you'll never buy Pikmin because it's short (or any other game) you may miss out........
Fri 21/06/02 at 06:41
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
When I buy games I usually look for ones that will last me some time so I get my moneys worth. It is a bit ridiculous that we have to pay £35-£45 for games, but this may be due to the fact we aren't earning a lot of money. When I owned my PS2 I found myself trading games quite frequently so that I was able to get a new game. I probably traded 2 good games and added a bit of cash for just one game. The gaming industry is becoming very popular so prices like this will be there for a bit longer.

To pay £40 for just one game maybe is a little weird, but we still do it. When I buy a game I look what it has to offer me and usually when I fork out £40 odd I'm pleasantly surprised. I think being able to trade in games helps but they usually don't give you half of what you paid for it new even though the games in pristine condition.

Used games are very popular too, I personally don't buy used games because I prefer to get brand new ones so I know nothing is wrong with them (well I hope). This is quite a good way to keep your gaming needs satisfied, and gives you the opportunity to get more games for your money.

A lot of work goes into most of the games which hit our shop shelves so we can expect they want to make some money of all there hard work. That's quite understandable and seeing as though we are buying these games and don't often complain I think its the way its going to be. The leisure industry is very popular so this is bound to rub off on the prices of games/trainers/altletic wear/football boots etc.

**Kerrang!**
Fri 21/06/02 at 01:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That system of game price is ridiculous. Are you saying that if you forked out £200 for a PS2/Xbox that you would feel you were getting more value for money? Get on yer bike!
Fri 21/06/02 at 00:05
Regular
"Selected"
Starlight wrote:
> What Messiah says is true the companies are loosing money every time a
> console is sold, the games are where the money is made so I wouldn't
> expect a drastic price drop if one at all in the near future.

If Nintendo spend money making the console and customers spend money buying it, where does the money go? What your saying makes no sense unless you tell me that money is given to the developers in which case THEY would get a cut of the game profits which would also be shared amongst other areas (like to pay for production) which in turn would make Nintendos cut very small. Excuse my iggnorance to economics if I'm making a complete boon out of myself but I can't seem to make sense of it.
Thu 20/06/02 at 22:26
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
What Messiah says is true the companies are loosing money every time a console is sold, the games are where the money is made so I wouldn't expect a drastic price drop if one at all in the near future.

Like people said though, second hand shops are always something to look for, I've seen a few second hand games around the £30 mark and Extreme G in particular was only £25.

Considering how old the computer is that's a bargain!
Thu 20/06/02 at 21:38
Regular
40 pounds isn't so bad.

Normally a console launches with 50 pound games and if you'd been around for the N64 launch then a single game might've cost you up to 70 quid!

Besides, you can always buy second hand, borrow friends games or wait until the games are a bit older and have their prices cut.
Thu 20/06/02 at 21:04
Regular
"keep your receipt"
You're weird PinkPig.

Anyways,

GameCube games (and the other consoles' games) probably won't drop in price because they need to make profit. At the moment all three companies are losing money when they sell a console. So they need to make that up in games sales. However due to the ferocity of the price wars a drop in games price would seem inevitable...or would it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.