GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid bloody Microsoft"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/06/02 at 17:57
Regular
I got home today to find that my 'reward pack' had been delivered.

before sending off the form, I phoned them to ask what my options were as I already had four controllers and a DVD remote. They said I could request a third game, as long as I enclosed a covering letter - which I did.

Not only have they sent me a controller, but the one game I wanted - RalliSport challenge - is the one they didn't bloody send!

Incompetent fools.
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I phoned up MS customer service's today and thankfully, my reward pack's "estimated time of arrival" is the 28th, next friday. Good news then, aside from the wait, my games are comming.

The call was painless, a nice spanish woman(i could tell from her accent) took my call. As soon as I said my games hadn't arrived she gave a very loud *sigh*, which I thought was funny as it clearly shows she's been dealing with reward pack troubles all day. I decided then not to give her any greif and not complain.

After I gave my serial number and everything she said my games are coming soon, I said thanks for the help and eveything. A quick, speedy call that put my mind at ease.

If your having worries, phone them up.
Fri 21/06/02 at 22:17
"High polygon count"
Unfortunately I have not had time to call them yet. I really must get around to it.
Thu 20/06/02 at 18:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Any news yet, Wookiee?
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:45
Regular
You should have kicked up a really big fuss. After waiting over 55 days my mom rang for the 4ht time and made a really big fuss on the phone as it was very unfair to have me waiting so long.

After kicking up a huge fuss I got a DVD Playback kit out of them which came 8 days after the phone call, and then last saturday I recieved my Reward Pack all with what I asked for.

Out of this I have got:

A DVD Playback kit
An Extra Controller
Halo
RalliSport Challenge

Not bad I would say but after waiting nearly 60 days I derserved to get the compensation, complaining is worth it!
Tue 18/06/02 at 21:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
::twitch:: Ok, I called Microsoft and found that apparently the package was sent out on June 5th......After explaining that it still hasn't arrived I got the reply "no problem sir, we'll send another package out to you........Your package will arrive within 28 days.....

::twitch:: 28 days...hahaha.....28 days ! I have to wait upto another 28 F****** DAYS !!!!!!!!

Could barely understand the bloke on the phone with his accent and the line must have been a bit crappy cause it was hard to hear him too which is probably the reason I just politely finished the call without verbally tearing his bollards outta him !

For some STRANGE reason, I get the feeling that in 28 days time, I'll still have sod all and when I call back up I'll get "Sorry sir, you had to order your package before July 1st, this date has passed now."

::twitch:: So, I guess I'll just sit down now and wait.....for another 28 days. :-) No problem, I can do that, I can wait another 28 days which will give a grand total of being screwed over of 80 days. No problem at all. ::twitch::
Tue 18/06/02 at 14:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I only wanted the 2 games and controller - still waiting. :-(
Tue 18/06/02 at 14:18
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
> it's worked out fine for me.

That's cos you only wanted the standard offer.

Heh - Microsoft adhering to standards... there's a first! :-)
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
ah shut it. ;-)

I'll call MS later and see whats going on, hopefully I'll get the yank line so I can twist some free stuff out of them. ;-))
Tue 18/06/02 at 09:41
Regular
Well, I sent my form off on the 8th of May, and my games came through on about the 28th of May.

Rallisport and Amped, both of which are blinding games, and a free pad. Cheers MS, it's worked out fine for me.

:-p
Tue 18/06/02 at 00:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I tend to avoid pre-owned games myself, just doesn't feel all that nice buying them. I prefer the feeling of walking and buying a brand new game. ;-)) Thing is, a lot of the time your only saving around £10 by getting a pre-owned game which isn't much when you don't know what the hell someones been doing to it. ;-))

Plus a lot of shops use a marker to write a number on it. Makes it feel even more used and second hand ! ;-))

I trade games in, but I'd never buy a game thats second hand from a shop. ;-) Sometimes I might consider a game from a friend thats trying to shift a title, but otherwise its not for me. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.