GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can we beat Brasil?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/06/02 at 16:18
Regular
We now know we Face Brasil in the next round of the World Cup, before this cup began a lot of people were writing off Englands chances to even qulify from the famously named 'group of death' let alone be facing one of the best teams in the world in the Quarter finals.

They said "England wont qualify" - We did

They said "England will be lucky to get anything from Argentina" - We Did

They said "It will be diffcult to Beat Denmark" - But We won it fairly easily.

England keep on defying the odds, but does now come the hardest game we have played in this tournament having beaten the favorites?

I was the first to write off Brasil's chances before the WC began because I felt that their form was not good, but they have been playing really well and come through their group with ease, but have they been tested? They certainly don't look brilliant at the back and I think we can certainly exploit them, as Belgium showed.

I think England are now a team that noone really wants to face, and with the Likes of Seamen, Nicky Butt, Rio Ferdinand and Becks coming into form at the right time, I think we can beat them and if we do I think we will go on to win thw World Cup.

What do you think?
Tue 18/06/02 at 18:38
Regular
Well, you could always play Football? :D
Tue 18/06/02 at 17:58
Regular
Damn, no football for two days!

I dont know how i'm gonna last the gap between the world cup final and the charity shield....
Tue 18/06/02 at 17:04
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Brazil are an average side, with a good attack and a non-existent defence. The way they play is taylor made for England. They often leave themselves over-committed and there will be lots of space for diagonal balls into the path of Owen and Heskey. That's because their wing-backs Cafu and Carlos are often reticent to withdraw to defend when a attack breaks down. We are playing a lot like Liverpool do at the moment (very solid at the back) and are definitely good at counter-attacking. Our strength at set pieces is also a key factor.

The crux of the game will be the midfield. If we can stifle them (Heskey dropping back when we don't have the ball) we will make them look ordinary. If we don't then they will run riot and win by a couple of goals.

Sinclair, Scholes, Butt and Beckham hold the key.
Tue 18/06/02 at 14:25
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
lol
Tue 18/06/02 at 11:59
"Darkness, always"
Foreman wrote:
> we will win them 2-0

lol i haven't used that expression since I was about 6 years old!!
Tue 18/06/02 at 11:44
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Can we beat Brazil?...What you on we will beat Brazil, we will win them 2-0
Apart from having a good defence, we have also go goal scorers like Owen and co. All we got to do is catch them on the break as their defence won't cope with Owen and Heskey.

I said from the start that it will be England V Italy final, but I think that it will be England V Germany final, even though they are a bit dodgey.
Tue 18/06/02 at 11:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Brazillians seem to run through the middle and cross from out wide on their attacks. Against Belgium they couldn't alwasy find Ronaldo with the long balls they kept playing, and they'll now know that that isn't the answer.

If they perfect their crosses and beat Butt and Scholes with the ball at their feet, then we'll be in trouble!
Tue 18/06/02 at 10:50
"Darkness, always"
The key to beating Brazil is to really take the game to them. Their toughest game so far was Turkey (of all people) who were unlucky not to get a win out of the match.

Push them, and they have trouble pushing back. If you let them have possession, and let them dictate the pace, they will beat you. Make like a Turkey and gobble.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!
Mon 17/06/02 at 22:17
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Kram wrote:
> Your actually asking us if you think that we can beat Brazil!!?
>

Yes and if you read the post properly it say that I think we can win but others think we cant beat them....

hence its a discussion!
Mon 17/06/02 at 22:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
lol AJ, Pass da reefa :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.