GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Great Retro Game Challenge"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/03/08 at 22:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ok i dont know how well this will take off but it's worth a shot.
Every so often i'm going to be setting a retro gaming competition/league/ tournament etc for you all.

Super Mario Kart
Star Cup TT Challenge
Winner - Grandprix - 7:54.16
Sat 12/04/08 at 01:26
Regular
When you say sorted, do you mean removed?
Sat 12/04/08 at 01:10
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I used the wrong link. Been sorted now.
Sat 12/04/08 at 01:05
Regular
That link came up with something about hotlinking and how it'd been reported and appropriate action would be taken :|
Fri 11/04/08 at 21:31
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Timed challenges are easy to come up with. I used to do it all the time, particularly when I got good at a game. For instance, I used to play Quackshot to death. Challenged myself to complete it without losing lives, getting the most lives possible and completing it in under an hour. All fairly easy.

Sonic games, again, challenged myself all the time. Green Hill Act 1 in 21 seconds, Green Act 2 collecting all 163 rings and finishing the level in under 2 minutes, Scrap Brain Act 3 in under 30 seconds. Completed Sonic 1 in more ways than I can imagine.

I suppose they don't translate well to competition challenges.
Fri 11/04/08 at 21:16
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I remember playing that game in hospital. Hated it with a passion. The reason i was after a shooter was because we've just done a racer. I'll find it for tomorrow though.
Fri 11/04/08 at 21:07
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Hmmm, if you want a shooter then you'll have to find one yourself as I don't have much experience with shooters.

My immediate thought was something like Micro Machines 2 for the Megadrive. It has a good time trial mode if you want to check it out.
Fri 11/04/08 at 20:39
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Grandprix wrote:
> I can't really give you any ideas for challenges without giving
> myself a significant advantage.

I'm stuck for ideas really so go ahead. I think a shooter would be fun, something like Star Fox (I dont think it had points) or Gradius. Seeing as you won you should have the choice.
Sun 06/04/08 at 21:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
There used to be a baseball game that i enjoyed but i doubt anyone else would play it.
Think i might look on Youtube for old Gamesmaster challenges.
Sun 06/04/08 at 21:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I used to be really good at Street Fighter II. Completed it on the top level on the Megadrive version.

I can't really give you any ideas for challenges without giving myself a significant advantage.
Sun 06/04/08 at 21:20
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Nope, Street Fighter is out. You can screw with the scores by deliberatly losing a round.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.