GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question for you lot."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/06/02 at 11:39
Regular
When all post our favourite bands, a lot of people seem to only list bands/artists of one particular genre. Some of my mates are like this as well. They like certain genres, and certain bands, and don't give anything else a listen.

I'm not having a go or anything here, each to their own and all that. I'm really asking this out of my own curiosity:

Why do some of you only like one sort of music, or a very limited range? Don't you get bored of listening to the same stuff over and over?

I'm going to pick on RBS here (sorry mate! :-D), but in the "What music are listening to at this very moment thread", you seem to only ever list Counting Crows stuff. Don't you ever get fed up of listening to the same tracks over and over? Don't you ever want to listen to anything new? Or do you try new stuff, but you just don't like it?

I listen to different stuff depending on what mood I'm in, depending what time of day it is. Fox example, if I've just got back from the pub, I'll probably listen to something relaing, but if I'm getting ready to go out to a club, I'll put on something to get me in the mood for that.
Fri 14/06/02 at 14:56
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Dance, or Trance, I've never been able to tell the difference.
Either way, they both rock, and I like loads of stuff by this genre.
Fri 14/06/02 at 14:46
Regular
Managed to get hold of any yet?

What do you think?
Fri 14/06/02 at 13:18
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'll download some trance... oh trance baby yeah

:)
Fri 14/06/02 at 12:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Your Honour wrote:
> Try and download some Yahel from KaZaA or wherever.
>
> Tracks to look out for:
>
> Waves of Sound, DNA, Last Man in the Universe.

Ok thanks i'll take a look.
Fri 14/06/02 at 12:34
Regular
Try and download some Yahel from KaZaA or wherever.

Tracks to look out for:

Waves of Sound, DNA, Last Man in the Universe.

But all of them are worth downloading. I can do you a CD if you want. Email me [email protected] if you're interested.
Fri 14/06/02 at 12:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Your Honour wrote:
> What trance artists are you into?

At the moment its really just PPK.
Fri 14/06/02 at 12:23
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
I'll give anything a go, me. Used to like soft rock, went through a metal period, got into house in the mid 90s, now I listen mostly to electronica and mentalist beats. Now most of my record collection is made up of various sub-genres of electronica, from 300 bpm monsters to the most soothing lovely pieces of music you've ever head, but there's a few odds and sods knocking around in there as well, Beastie Boys, Bjork, Belle & Sebastian and Green Day to name but a few.

However, I've discovered that the reason most of my stuff is bleepy bloopy stuff is because that what really spanks my donkey. But then again, I like a bit of Kylie from time to time when the sun's shining.

P.S. Jonman's recommendation for people who've not heard any electronica is Amber by Autechre or Selected Ambient Works 85-92 by Aphex Twin. Guaranteed to be appreciated by all and sundry if you approach them with an open mind. Try it, you might like it.
Fri 14/06/02 at 12:22
Regular
What trance artists are you into?
Fri 14/06/02 at 12:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Your Honour wrote:
> You like trance Cookiee?

Not all trance, but some stuff is unbelieveably good.
Fri 14/06/02 at 12:12
Regular
You like trance Cookiee?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.