GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your top 5 Melee fighters!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/06/02 at 20:19
Regular
Another intersting and original topic from your very own master of SSBM (I wish!) Cyclone!

Yeh, yeh, just post your top 5 Melee charecters, and say why!

Mine are-

1. Kirby - A little pink ball of supreme versatility and ultra cool moves!
2. Samus - Long range, lethal, and very agile
3. Captain Falcon - Fast and powerful? Need I say more?
4. Link - For OOT and for that down+A move - Lurvly!
5. Jigglypuff - If only for the heart braking cry he makes as he flies out the back of the arena - JIIIIGGGGGGLLLLLYYYPPPPPPUUUUUUUUFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! *Sniff*

;-)
Sun 16/06/02 at 20:31
Regular
I'm gonna go see why you all like Roy so much...
Sun 16/06/02 at 15:22
pringle 28 you talk rubbish
Sun 16/06/02 at 14:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have recently acquired Young Link, Marth and Roy. Marth and Roy are so cool! Similar, but that B move when charged up is amazing!
Sun 16/06/02 at 11:46
"Mimmargh!"
Mewtwo's moves are entirely original, as are Mr Game+Watches.
Though both players are crap.

Jigglypuff can be quite good, especially with her rollout and sleep attack. She has good jumps as well.

Dr Mario was a bit of a farce I have to say.

Ganondorf is differant from falcon as his attacks are slower but more powerful so I think this character was worth it.

Luigi does have some differant attacks to Mario, though he should have had that hover.

I wanted to see Wario, and that bloke from Pikmin. He could have 3 differant coloured Pikmin which he uses to do differant attacks.
Wario would have butt-slam.
Sat 15/06/02 at 23:21
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
here are mine
1.pichu: doubled and crap
2.Jigglypuff: crap
3.Dr Mario: doubled
4.Mr game and watch: extra crap
5.Young Link: doubled

basically this is just a list of 5 of the worst characters or some of the ones that have just been doubled of another character with a slioght change. Why did Hal have to go and double the characters and waist good places where we could have had original characters with there own moves?! They have just rushed it by double characters and just changing there appearance and voices! here are all the doubles and who they are a double of:
Dr mario-mario
luigi-mario(however he did appear in the first game with slightly diffenet moves)
Roy-marth
Pichu-pikachu
ganondorf-captain falcon
young link- link
falco-fox
mewtwo-moves from everyone!

dosnt anyone else find the copying of characters annoying?
Sat 15/06/02 at 21:07
"Mimmargh!"
Strafex wrote:
> Samus basically rules! :-)

Too true.
I must say that I was playing as Link and found him a very good character to use, doesn't come anywhere close to Samus but still a good player.
Sat 15/06/02 at 15:39
Regular
Samus basically rules! :-)
Sat 15/06/02 at 15:19
"Mimmargh!"
Strafex wrote:

> If you're up against a slow character who has to come in close to
> attack, Roy will rip them. If you're up against someone who has
> mastered Samus or Zelda (fast and they have strong long-distance
> attacks), Roy won;t stand a chance.

Plus if Roy charges his sword you can just grap him with Samus grapple hook and fling him about.
Sat 15/06/02 at 00:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Yes laugh at me..

I like using Yoshi, the jump jump down+b atack is great for finishing off loads of people! Also, laying people as eggs over the edge is a good method too!
Fri 14/06/02 at 23:41
Regular
While you're charging up your Sword, I'll charge up Samus' laser blast.

When you've finished charging your sword, it'll harmlessly go off on the spot. You will then be open to my blast attack, that I can pull off at ease.

And I won't run straight into your sword technique like those dense computer players ALWAYS do. If anything I'll either bide my time or get behind you and blast your stationary character away before his glowing sword comes into effect.

Or I might just shoot you from a distance.

If you're up against a slow character who has to come in close to attack, Roy will rip them. If you're up against someone who has mastered Samus or Zelda (fast and they have strong long-distance attacks), Roy won;t stand a chance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.