GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your top 5 Melee fighters!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/06/02 at 20:19
Regular
Another intersting and original topic from your very own master of SSBM (I wish!) Cyclone!

Yeh, yeh, just post your top 5 Melee charecters, and say why!

Mine are-

1. Kirby - A little pink ball of supreme versatility and ultra cool moves!
2. Samus - Long range, lethal, and very agile
3. Captain Falcon - Fast and powerful? Need I say more?
4. Link - For OOT and for that down+A move - Lurvly!
5. Jigglypuff - If only for the heart braking cry he makes as he flies out the back of the arena - JIIIIGGGGGGLLLLLYYYPPPPPPUUUUUUUUFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! *Sniff*

;-)
Tue 11/06/02 at 20:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Another intersting and original topic from your very own master of SSBM (I wish!) Cyclone!

Yeh, yeh, just post your top 5 Melee charecters, and say why!

Mine are-

1. Kirby - A little pink ball of supreme versatility and ultra cool moves!
2. Samus - Long range, lethal, and very agile
3. Captain Falcon - Fast and powerful? Need I say more?
4. Link - For OOT and for that down+A move - Lurvly!
5. Jigglypuff - If only for the heart braking cry he makes as he flies out the back of the arena - JIIIIGGGGGGLLLLLYYYPPPPPPUUUUUUUUFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! *Sniff*

;-)
Tue 11/06/02 at 20:45
My top 5 are:

1) Ness- Hard to use at first but when you can control him wll he is one annoying brat hahaha

2) Samus- Long range attacks are cool

3) Mario- The main nintendo guy also powerful shoryuken type move

4) Pikachu- Thunder attack useful when enemys are above

5) Link- The powerful spinny move and bombs
Tue 11/06/02 at 21:04
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
My top five:

1.) Roy- His power move is excellent, also I like all his other little hits and stuff. My favourite character, and probably the one I'm best with.

2.) Dr. Mario- He has a cool little spin and He has the first character I used and I'm not bad with him.

3.) Donkey Kong- Not a lot of people like him but actually I think he is pritty darn funky! It's fun playing against weak opponents with him :)

4.) Yoshi- I like eating my opponent and then pooping them out :) No really I think he is quite good but not great :)

5.) Samus- she is cool and I like some of her moves, also her jump is good and thats my weakest aspect of the game (jumping) :)

My worst five:

1.) Jigglypuff- I gave this character a chance at first and learnt a few of its moves but I hate it, its sooooo annoying. I usually get my butt whopped when using lil jiggy. :)

2.) Link- Man do I suck with this guy, ahh its so frustrating when I use him, I'm not sure why I suck with him but I just do.

3.) Young link- For the same reason

4.) Kirby- Too light and not got great moves apart from the nicking other characters moves move (did you understand that?) :)

5.) Bowser- He's just a big old tart. Too slow for my liking but hard too konck off. Not the worst character but not the best either. :)
Tue 11/06/02 at 21:14
Mine are, in no perticular order:

Bowser: Slow, but he aint half powerful!!!

Gannondorf: Again a slowie, but he has some devistating moves that are to die for, literally.

Roy: Fast, agile and powerful. Has quite a long range, without going into the realms of using projectiles.

Pikachu: i love that bitchin little downward lightening move.

Link: Similar to Roy, but can get in the extra range with his bombs and boomerangs
Tue 11/06/02 at 22:03
Regular
1.Falco : So quick, so very quick and his moves ain't half powerful B+► heh

2.Young Link: A better version of Link in my view as he moves so much faster than damn Adult Link

3.Mario: his B+ moves and his B+ are both really good, easily sees of Luigi :-D

4.Pikachu: Fast and his thunder moves rocks, damn annoying when he a CPU uses it against you though :(

5.Ganondorf/Mewtwo: can't decide, a begginer with both of them, but Ganondorfs charge punch sees those CPU's off :)
Tue 11/06/02 at 22:04
Regular
Damn, those symbols didn't come out right...
Tue 11/06/02 at 22:13
Regular
"You've upset me"
1. Roy - I. Rule. With. This. Guy. 'Nuff said.

And I'm kick @ss with all the other characters except Ice Climbers and Yoshi. I really am an allrounder when it comes to this game.
Tue 11/06/02 at 22:18
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> 1. Roy - I. Rule. With. This. Guy. 'Nuff said.
>
> And I'm kick @ss with all the other characters except Ice Climbers and
> Yoshi. I really am an allrounder when it comes to this game.

Yep Roy rules! I'd whoop ya butt with him still :)

*runs before he gets hit* :)
Tue 11/06/02 at 22:20
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
1. marth
2. falco
3. peach
4. roy
5. link

now that is a expert list^
Tue 11/06/02 at 22:21
Regular
Donkey Kong is more or less as powerful as the likes of Bowser and Gannondorf, only he can move at a reasonable speed as well.
(He's also the only one who can carry barrels/people properly).

Not the all dominating powerhouse he was in the original Smash Brothers, but a strong player none-the-less.

Ness takes some getting used to (I still haven't mastered the PK Flash) but with a powerful throw and some seriously damaging special moves, he's pretty tough.

Using his PK Thunder move (up+B) I've managed to take out 12 opponents in cruel Melee! (Try it. It's almost impossible to get 1 KO with another character!!!)

Pikachu is fairly fast and armed with the almighty thunder move.
Also has the best triple jump (quick attack - up+B) and some hefty Smash attacks.

Princess Zelda is surprisingly good.
Her attacks may be slightly slow and sluggish, but they pack a punch.
And if you do need speed, down+B morphs you into Sheik with a whip and needles that can quickl whittle down health as well as deflect attacks.

Sheik's also very fast.

Damage them with Sheik and finish them with a blast from Zelda - job done!
There's only one character who's better:

Samus rules all!

She's fast enough to keep up with the likes of Fox and Falco.
Her charged beam shot can send the likes of DK and Bowser flying off the screen.
The grappling beam not only grabs opponents, it can haul her back onto a platform she's been thrown off.
She can kick herself of walls (very useful on the UFO level) and she's by far the best at rolling (essential for dodging enemy attacks).

He smash attacks are quick and powerful enough to send little enemies flying and her flame attacks do seriously heavy damage (especially useful against giant characters and the master hand).

A fast, stylish character with quick and powerful attacks?

What more could you ask for?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.