GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i need a xbox excuse help !!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/06/02 at 11:28
Regular
at first i thought the xbox was gonna be the crapiest out of the 3 new consoles having owned a playstation and n64 my trust was in sony and nintendo in fact i was even gonna wait until gamecube was launched and buy that but now things have changed because i am a impatient person when it comes to getting something i want (arn't we all ?)i decided my best bet was to buy a ps2 because it was already out it had some good games i wanted for it my parents would allow me to have it and my mates where also going to buy one.

but like i done after i brought my playstation i got a second console the n64 which now im selling for £40 with games etc so still wanting to keep my ps2 i was going to choose the nintendo gamecube for my second console but now i have drastically changed my mind and really want a xbox because it has lots of games i want for it etc etc but well even thou i'm 17 my parents still treat me like a kid and don't like me playing computers to much and telling them i'm gonna get a xbox when i get the money might be a bit dodgy after all i already owe my parents quite a bit of money for ps2 games etc and saying to them i'm gonna go and buy another £200 console plus money for games etc well just might not work so basically as you can see i'm in a mess.

i would go and get a part time job since i'm at college but most jobs are shops which require using tills which requires maths and well basicaly when it comes to maths i'm the worst of the worst.
Mon 10/06/02 at 20:58
I have still got my ps2 I have an xbox and I am getting a gc but thats just me I am very lucky and grateful
Mon 10/06/02 at 19:05
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Trading in is one option which I would go for. I traded in my DC+games and manageds to knock close to £100 off the price of my xbox. Seing as the PS2 and Xbox have many similar multiformat titles you shouldn't really worry about losing out games wise. After all, you want to play the best version of a multiformat title on the best console don't you?

Xbox has the best exclusives in my view. Visit xbox.ign.com if you want more news and info about anything Xbox related.
Mon 10/06/02 at 17:42
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I'm another whose also traded in the PS2 for the X-Box without any regrets. Has to be said your decision is one hell of a U-turn since you came in here ripping into the console and saying it was crap.

Anyway, maybe you could look into part time work in a warehouse ? Some warehouses do part time shifts and they tend to pay pretty well too when compared to jobs like working on a till.

Otherwise, trading in the PS2 is about the best thing I can think of for an easy way.
Mon 10/06/02 at 12:48
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Have you ever thought of using a fullstop?

Haha, I must agree with this post. The grammar here is surely worth a GAD victory? Or if it isn't, the ability to read this post in one huge breath due to the lack of full stops must be?!
Mon 10/06/02 at 12:00
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Have you ever thought of using a fullstop?

lol
Mon 10/06/02 at 11:57
Regular
Have you ever thought of using a fullstop?

I sold my PS2 to buy an Xbox, and I haven't regretted it at all.
Mon 10/06/02 at 11:50
Regular
Have you ever thought about trading in your PS2?

Thats what i did, and I don't regret it. There was games on the PS2 that made me think about keeping it but to think that GTA3 is now on PC and MGS is xbox-bound there's really nothing that could keep me preaching Sony's name.

Don't get me wrong, there was many other great games, but I honestly don't regret my choice. The Xbox is the console of choice in my opinion.

And to make things better, I don't have to buy a gamecube now, as my sister is getting one tomorrow! (I was going to splash out, but i couldn't, financially)

Maybe if the PS2 comes down in price later in the year AND offers an attractive online service, I might just get another one, but it's not a priority.
Mon 10/06/02 at 11:28
Regular
at first i thought the xbox was gonna be the crapiest out of the 3 new consoles having owned a playstation and n64 my trust was in sony and nintendo in fact i was even gonna wait until gamecube was launched and buy that but now things have changed because i am a impatient person when it comes to getting something i want (arn't we all ?)i decided my best bet was to buy a ps2 because it was already out it had some good games i wanted for it my parents would allow me to have it and my mates where also going to buy one.

but like i done after i brought my playstation i got a second console the n64 which now im selling for £40 with games etc so still wanting to keep my ps2 i was going to choose the nintendo gamecube for my second console but now i have drastically changed my mind and really want a xbox because it has lots of games i want for it etc etc but well even thou i'm 17 my parents still treat me like a kid and don't like me playing computers to much and telling them i'm gonna get a xbox when i get the money might be a bit dodgy after all i already owe my parents quite a bit of money for ps2 games etc and saying to them i'm gonna go and buy another £200 console plus money for games etc well just might not work so basically as you can see i'm in a mess.

i would go and get a part time job since i'm at college but most jobs are shops which require using tills which requires maths and well basicaly when it comes to maths i'm the worst of the worst.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.