GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OFFICIAL EXAM CHAT ROOM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/06/02 at 19:47
Regular
So, if you're doing GCSEs, AS levels or A levels, talk about them in here.

Sonic
Wed 19/06/02 at 14:46
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I had general studies this morning, and for the first time it wasn't a complete insult to my intelligence. No multiple choice questions, and some topical issues! wow!

That said, the maths general studies paper was an insult. Not only do people like me, who do 3 A levels in maths, have to do it, but there were extra maths classes for people that don't do maths. The hardest thing in it was working out that if one cog is in a ratio of 3:1 with another cog (turn on 3 times, the other turns once), then how many times my you turn the first to get the 2nd one to go round 3 times. (or something akin to that).

People had extra maths lessons for that- hell I was doing that when I was 3!

Sonic
Tue 18/06/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I have finished my GCSEs. My last was Physics this morning (which made me miss the goddamm Japan match!!) which was incredibly easy. To think I wasted 2 years of my life preparing for THAT....

Now I realy need to play some football.....for the first time in about a year. Always happens when the sport is on TV. Tennis, Snooker, Football. It doesn't work with rugby though. And I'd prefer to 'smear my genetalyor with fish paste and dangle them in a pool of hungry piranha' than play cricket. :-D
Tue 18/06/02 at 18:29
Regular
"That's right!"
Small Frog wrote:
> 5 subjects sounds nasty to me. Any advice going from you guys? Maybe
> you’ve taken 5 subjects and found it easy. Maybe you found it hard?
> What’s Further Maths like?

---------

I had enough trouble doing three AS's in year 12 (the year you just finished) and had to drop English as I was so far behind, and it was taking up all my free time so I started to fall behind in Sociology and Drama too. But that's just me, I'm really lazy, and have little to no motivation. It sounds like you're good at Maths etc, so I'm guessing you can handle it. And hey, if you can't handle it, just drop a subject
Tue 18/06/02 at 18:15
Regular
Hell yes, Stats 4 went good today. I worked out that I got at least half marks, and i was being pretty conservative in counting them up. Taking off a few marks for occasional errors that always seem to happen....

Worked out that I've already got enough marks for an E grade!in Maths And I still got another exam to go! woooooo!

I could just go to sleep in that exam and still come out with a grade :) feels wicked. No more stress on these shoulders...
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:56
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
WOOOOOOO FINISHED MY GCSE'S TODAY!!!
So 11 weeks and 1 day of summer
Tue 18/06/02 at 13:44
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
I’ve just been given a nasty problem. I’ve just finished my first year in Sixth Form, having taken AS levels in Maths, English, ICT and Music. I intended to drop Music and take up Music Tech AS next year, while continuing to the A2s in the other subjects.

However, in Maths class yesterday it was suggested that, since I am a potential A-Grade student, I should take up Further Maths AS next year.

5 subjects sounds nasty to me. Any advice going from you guys? Maybe you’ve taken 5 subjects and found it easy. Maybe you found it hard? What’s Further Maths like?

Please help, or I may have to cry.
Tue 18/06/02 at 12:25
Regular
"That's right!"
I could never do a full, solid hour. It's always broken up by me getting a glass of water or taking a minutes rest
Tue 18/06/02 at 12:04
Regular
Hell, I just done a solid hours worth of revision for my Maths exam that I got later today. (stats 4)

Havnt revised that long for an exam ever!

I better get a damn pass in this one!
Tue 18/06/02 at 11:06
Regular
"That's right!"
Just got back from Theatre Studies paper 5. It actually went surprisingly well. Wrote two and a bit sides for the first question, then almost three for the second one. However, doesn't matter how much you write if it's all bull plop, so I don't know how well I've done. Badly, most likely
Mon 17/06/02 at 22:39
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I have physics GCSE tomorrow morning and Business Studies (paper 1) tomorrow afternoon.

Then Wednesday morning it's History (paper 2), then Friday it's ICT, then Monday Business Studies part 2, then Tuesday ICT part 2.

Then all done! YAY! And then I need to get a Cube if I haven't already by then (watching some stuff on Ebay...) and if I have got one get a job to fund my gaming and music habits... oh, and the alcohol of course... ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.