GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I played Online Halo last night!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 09:44
Regular
Using Ntl broadband internet, I played multiplayer Halo online last night! First of all, it IS as good as i expected. Its so much better to play opponents who can't see your screen. Sneaking up behind your enemies from a quick melee attack to the head is pure brilliance!

Me and my mate had quite a few games of Slayer. The only downside was when you played against someone who's connection was bad and it became a little jerky. (making accurate use of the sniper rifle impossible!)

Also, I couldn't help but notice that all the players online were either very good or exceptionally bad. One player seemed to kill me constantly whilst i was running with single sniper-shots to the head across the distance of the entire level! Other players walked round aimlessly and were nothing but cannon fodder!

Online gaming IS the future!
Sat 15/06/02 at 17:35
Cant wait for online play
Thu 13/06/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Your Honour wrote:
>
>
> If you all sign up for XboxRulels.com forum, you could use that as
> your clan site.
>
>

>
> :-D

Yeah if everyone else uses that as well.
Thu 13/06/02 at 15:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I actually mentioned to Glide about doing a thing for the X-Box online gaming as far as setting up clans go. Maybe we could do this thing over the site as you've just said. ;-)
Thu 13/06/02 at 15:46
Regular

If you all sign up for XboxRulels.com forum, you could use that as your clan site.

:-D
Thu 13/06/02 at 15:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah sounds good. :-) Me and my Dad are sending off for the free modem from Pipex and I'll have a comp in my room soon. Definately have to get something arranged. :-) Maybe we could set up teams of two or more and have a little SR Halo league. ;-)
Thu 13/06/02 at 14:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Sounds promising. :-) Me and Res are like complete Halo addicts.
> ;-))
> We're already waiting and drooling over the second game. ;-))

Maybe you and Res and me and my mate can organise a 4 player game some time soon. My connection to ADSL will be on the 19th of June which iam happy about. But may have to wait until Pipex get round to sending me my Free modem before I can connect.

Then i'll get a Crossover cable and NIC and then i'll be up and running. Maybe we should set up a proper Halo Online thread and have a series of matches as well as friendly games. As its the summer most people on here will be either off Uni or School, so we should be able to have a few games per week.
Thu 13/06/02 at 00:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Sounds promising. :-) Me and Res are like complete Halo addicts. ;-))
We're already waiting and drooling over the second game. ;-))
Wed 12/06/02 at 22:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Yeah true. Maybe we could arrange something then. ;-)

Yeah certainly. I hope to be connected to ADSL by the end of the month. So far got a date of 20th June, but I have applied for the Free modem offer from Pipex and the modem could take 28 days for delivery. As soon as I am connected to ADSL, I will buy a NIC and a crossover cable and then get it all set up.

It would be great if we could get some 4 player games going. But I hear that you need 128Kbps per person per Xbox to play. So that will mean that most of us can have 2 players per Xbox. And then maybe connect via another Xbox, or 2 Xboxes.
Wed 12/06/02 at 20:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah true. Maybe we could arrange something then. ;-)
Wed 12/06/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Yeah I've been thinking of a Halo clan for the people on this forum
> for awhile. ;-) Once a good number of us are using X-Box Live,
> we'll have to look into it and see whose interested. Could be a lot
> of fun. :-)

I think we should start one now. As I will have broadband soon and will play Halo over Xbconnect, Silent,doublezero and you have broadband. So thats 4 of us already for a mini clan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.