GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I played Online Halo last night!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/06/02 at 09:44
Regular
Using Ntl broadband internet, I played multiplayer Halo online last night! First of all, it IS as good as i expected. Its so much better to play opponents who can't see your screen. Sneaking up behind your enemies from a quick melee attack to the head is pure brilliance!

Me and my mate had quite a few games of Slayer. The only downside was when you played against someone who's connection was bad and it became a little jerky. (making accurate use of the sniper rifle impossible!)

Also, I couldn't help but notice that all the players online were either very good or exceptionally bad. One player seemed to kill me constantly whilst i was running with single sniper-shots to the head across the distance of the entire level! Other players walked round aimlessly and were nothing but cannon fodder!

Online gaming IS the future!
Fri 07/06/02 at 09:44
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Using Ntl broadband internet, I played multiplayer Halo online last night! First of all, it IS as good as i expected. Its so much better to play opponents who can't see your screen. Sneaking up behind your enemies from a quick melee attack to the head is pure brilliance!

Me and my mate had quite a few games of Slayer. The only downside was when you played against someone who's connection was bad and it became a little jerky. (making accurate use of the sniper rifle impossible!)

Also, I couldn't help but notice that all the players online were either very good or exceptionally bad. One player seemed to kill me constantly whilst i was running with single sniper-shots to the head across the distance of the entire level! Other players walked round aimlessly and were nothing but cannon fodder!

Online gaming IS the future!
Fri 07/06/02 at 11:08
Regular
Glad to hear you had fun mate!

Multiplayer Halo rocks anyway, but as you say, online gaming IS the future.
Fri 07/06/02 at 11:09
wonder what broadband provider they are using
Fri 07/06/02 at 15:50
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I can't wait for X-Box Live. Thats one of the great things about X-Box, it caters for all areas. You have strong single player games, plenty of multiplayer games and soon we'll have an excellent online experience with the console. :-)

Soon I will have 9 games. 8 of them allow upto 4 players or even more ! :-)
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Just ordered ADSL from Pipex. So as soon as I get that i'll be interested in a few games.

Just a few questions.

If I buy a Network card for my PC could I link that to the Xbox via the Offical Xbox Link cable, and then use my ADSL via the USB modem? Would this work doing it this way or do I have to connect a different way.
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:11
I think so Adrian my son :P
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Silent85 wrote:
> I think so Adrian my son :P

Good as that will mean I only need to spend £15 or so on a NIC.
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:44
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Online is cool, and I do think XBox online will rule.

But did anyone else read that statement from Nintendo. They practically said they won't do anything serious about bringing the GC online.
Thats a joke. Come on, everyone else is going online, and in style. I think that for once, Nintendo know they can't compete online with their competetors, namely Xbox Live.

Pity I don't have broadband...yet.
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
To be honest, I think that could end up being Nintendo's downfall. They refused to turn to disks over cartridges before and that led to not only Sony's entrance as a competitor, but also led to Sony overtaking Nintendo. They're brushing online gaming aside now and this could lead to another blow for them.
Fri 07/06/02 at 22:59
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Online gaming has so much potential. Xbox Live, if done properly, could really take it mainstream.

I read about MS being in talks with Europen Broadband companies about Xbox Live. The info was sketchy but people were specualating about perhaps they were in talks about packages for Xbox Live, ie subscptions and stuff. It will be interesting to see what the final price all comes to.

I read that in america its the voice communicator and a years subscription to Xbox live for $50. That seams very reasonable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.