GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pefect Dark Thread"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/06/02 at 00:36
Regular
I thought i would start a thread about pefect dark as this had to be the best game on the n64 and will be on the gamecube as well. So in here talk about anything to do with perfect dark.

Ive got a few questions for starters.

Has a perfect dark for the gamecube actually been confirmed by rare?

also what would you like to see in perfect dark on the gamecube if there is going to be one?

I would like to see the ability to jump. I believe this would be good as you would be able dodge more and create great air combat.
Wed 05/06/02 at 00:36
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I thought i would start a thread about pefect dark as this had to be the best game on the n64 and will be on the gamecube as well. So in here talk about anything to do with perfect dark.

Ive got a few questions for starters.

Has a perfect dark for the gamecube actually been confirmed by rare?

also what would you like to see in perfect dark on the gamecube if there is going to be one?

I would like to see the ability to jump. I believe this would be good as you would be able dodge more and create great air combat.
Wed 05/06/02 at 00:38
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Opps i just noticed that i had spelt perfect dark wrong but you know what i mean i hope? if not i could start another one?
Wed 05/06/02 at 09:01
Regular
I know you could duck but now I want to be able to roll like the guards do.
Wed 05/06/02 at 09:34
Regular
The game is definatly in development.
Wed 05/06/02 at 11:46
Regular
"keep your receipt"
they showed a simple trailer back in Spaceworld 2001 of Joe Dark, so that was how they confirmed it. Everyone knows its in development but Rare have said absolutely nothing about the game whatsoever.

I would be happy if the game went more to the way of Half-Life, where you are in one huge world and can interact with all the characters. It could do with more puzzles like Half-Life too.
Wed 05/06/02 at 12:51
1 thing i would like nintendo to do is to bring out a keyboard and mouse for GC to use on games like this as it will be so easy to control

the joypad should do it well too though
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:36
Regular
Ive never tried a key board and mouse for a FPS but it oesnt sound like it'd work very well, even though millions of people swear by it.
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:33
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Tyranitar Master wrote:
> 1 thing i would like nintendo to do is to bring out a keyboard and
> mouse for GC to use on games like this as it will be so easy to
> control
>
>
> the joypad should do it well too though

nintendo have, at E3, it looks pretty good. its got the left half of the controller on the left of the keyboard, and the right half on the right, with the keyboard in the middle. dunno about a mouse though
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The kayboard and mouse thing works much better than with just a controller.

You use the Mouse to look around and aim the cross-hair, while you use a variety of easily accesible Keyboard buttons to move around, strafe, shoot, change guns, and more!

I haven't really tried it much but I did find it worked really well.

The N64 pad was still great for it though.
Wed 05/06/02 at 16:11
Regular
"keep your receipt"
yeah here is the ultimate set-up for PC FPS's. Even if you don't have an FPS I think you can appreciate the controls.

A - Strafe left
W - Forwards
D - Strafe right
S - Backwards

Ctrl - Crouch
Spacebar - Jump

Mouse - aiming
Mouse buttons - Fire

Perfect Dark Zero would be so good with those controls!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.