GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dannny Mills, My thoughts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 21:52
Regular
Sven's England team performence against Sweden was great in the first half, and quite good in the second half, all but Danny Mills. If I was Sven I would have never of picked for the world cup squad, I would of picked Phil Neville, even though he gave the penalty away against Romainia in Euro200 which got us out, he has learned from his mistake and is more experianced.

Firstly England were passing about trying to make chances for the striker, Micheal Owen and Darius Vassel, in many different ways before and after our goal, but Danny Mills was trying to be hero all the time by scoring instead of passing to make set pieces. For example, When he was on the the edge of the box (after our goal) Beckham was running down the wing so he could cross it to Owen and Vassel, but No he shot at goal.

Also the incedent that led up to the goal was by, guess who? Danny Mills, what a surprise. He tried chesting it to Seamen, but he didn't chest it hard enough, so he had to clear it, but he didn't do that right either, he passed it straight to Nicolas Alexanderson who scored a wonderfull goal. What he should of done was just boot it out even for a throw in for them further down the field, because at least it means he cleared it.

In the game England were doing quite well against Sweden, when we were
1-0, for defending wise mainly and everywhere else, I think Seamen played exeptionly well. Danny Mills kept screwing it up all the time and Rio, Sol, Ashly and some midfielders had to pick up the pieces.

You may think that Ashly Cole tried to be hero twice, but he had good chances, Like the first time from far out everyone in front of him was marked so he hit the ball with power and when the goalie saved it, he was forced back because it had so much power. The second time wasn't as good, but it was still a good half chance.

I think there is only one thing Danny Mills is good at, being rubbish at football.

I hope Sven doesn't pick him in the first team for the next game against Argentina, because there a better team and we need experianxced players all around.
Tue 04/06/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Can anyone tell me why they thought Mills had an excellent game. Many have said he linked up well with Beckham but that didn't get us anywhere. Instead of passing he went for glory and his crosses were rubbish.

With the goal where he made the mistake, he stood around playing everyone else onside when he should have charged down Alexandersson.
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:03
"High polygon count"
John Arne Riise wrote:
> They should bring in Wes Brown or Owen Hargreaves.

Umm... Hargreaves played the whole game!
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:21
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
I meant at right-back.
Tue 04/06/02 at 13:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If it's not gunna be Mills then it's gunna be Wes Brown! :S

We Brown's been playing as a centre back for the whole of the last season for United, and he hasn't looked too good on a consistant basis. When he first broke into the United first team he was a pretty decent right back.
Problem is that he hasn't played there for ages, so he's not gunna just slot into that position and play well in one match.

I would say Phil Neville, but for one reason or another he was left-out of the squad. He's a good player on the attack, and can play and pass well with the ball at his feet. He also plays with Beckham at United, so that could help the 2 to link well together.
But he's not the best defensively, as he showed us in Euro 2000.

Aside from Gary Neville, England don't have a right back!
C'mon, who else is there with the consistancy and experience to do well in the World Cup and at International level!??

We could play Sol Campbell there, but then there's a gaping whole to be filled in the centre by someone like Southagate! :S
Tue 04/06/02 at 15:57
Regular
"Better Than You"
I'm glad people agree with me, but Phil Neville is a guy that is on of our best fullbacks who can play at both sides.

I think since Euro2000 hes inproved and has learned from his mistake.
Tue 04/06/02 at 16:12
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Phill Neville isn't bad but he is not good enough to play at international level. I know I will get slaughtered by Man U fans but I think that like Danny Mills, Neville is good enough for one of the so called lower clubs but not the the big clubs like Leeds or Man U.
Tue 04/06/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Better Than You"
I think that your right, but there is no-one else to choose from.
Tue 04/06/02 at 17:20
Regular
playing for a big club makes all the difference. Darren purse was supposed to be moving to united or arsenal last summer and both deals fell through. Had he move to either he would probably be in the england squad.
Tue 04/06/02 at 17:22
Regular
"Better Than You"
Well if you are in bigger clubs you have more chance of playing for your country because you are more heard of.

By the way who is Darren Purse?
Tue 04/06/02 at 17:23
Great post Chris. I couldn't agree more, along with many other members of SR, that Danny Mills should have stayed at home. He's not worthy of his place in the England team, and like John Arne Riise said, should be replaced by Hargreaves or Brown. I'm not sure about bringing Phil Neville along, as I don't rate him highly. Oh, and BTW, we didn't enter the Euro 200 :P.

Great post, worth the read. Well done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.