GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dannny Mills, My thoughts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/06/02 at 21:52
Regular
Sven's England team performence against Sweden was great in the first half, and quite good in the second half, all but Danny Mills. If I was Sven I would have never of picked for the world cup squad, I would of picked Phil Neville, even though he gave the penalty away against Romainia in Euro200 which got us out, he has learned from his mistake and is more experianced.

Firstly England were passing about trying to make chances for the striker, Micheal Owen and Darius Vassel, in many different ways before and after our goal, but Danny Mills was trying to be hero all the time by scoring instead of passing to make set pieces. For example, When he was on the the edge of the box (after our goal) Beckham was running down the wing so he could cross it to Owen and Vassel, but No he shot at goal.

Also the incedent that led up to the goal was by, guess who? Danny Mills, what a surprise. He tried chesting it to Seamen, but he didn't chest it hard enough, so he had to clear it, but he didn't do that right either, he passed it straight to Nicolas Alexanderson who scored a wonderfull goal. What he should of done was just boot it out even for a throw in for them further down the field, because at least it means he cleared it.

In the game England were doing quite well against Sweden, when we were
1-0, for defending wise mainly and everywhere else, I think Seamen played exeptionly well. Danny Mills kept screwing it up all the time and Rio, Sol, Ashly and some midfielders had to pick up the pieces.

You may think that Ashly Cole tried to be hero twice, but he had good chances, Like the first time from far out everyone in front of him was marked so he hit the ball with power and when the goalie saved it, he was forced back because it had so much power. The second time wasn't as good, but it was still a good half chance.

I think there is only one thing Danny Mills is good at, being rubbish at football.

I hope Sven doesn't pick him in the first team for the next game against Argentina, because there a better team and we need experianxced players all around.
Mon 03/06/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Better Than You"
Sven's England team performence against Sweden was great in the first half, and quite good in the second half, all but Danny Mills. If I was Sven I would have never of picked for the world cup squad, I would of picked Phil Neville, even though he gave the penalty away against Romainia in Euro200 which got us out, he has learned from his mistake and is more experianced.

Firstly England were passing about trying to make chances for the striker, Micheal Owen and Darius Vassel, in many different ways before and after our goal, but Danny Mills was trying to be hero all the time by scoring instead of passing to make set pieces. For example, When he was on the the edge of the box (after our goal) Beckham was running down the wing so he could cross it to Owen and Vassel, but No he shot at goal.

Also the incedent that led up to the goal was by, guess who? Danny Mills, what a surprise. He tried chesting it to Seamen, but he didn't chest it hard enough, so he had to clear it, but he didn't do that right either, he passed it straight to Nicolas Alexanderson who scored a wonderfull goal. What he should of done was just boot it out even for a throw in for them further down the field, because at least it means he cleared it.

In the game England were doing quite well against Sweden, when we were
1-0, for defending wise mainly and everywhere else, I think Seamen played exeptionly well. Danny Mills kept screwing it up all the time and Rio, Sol, Ashly and some midfielders had to pick up the pieces.

You may think that Ashly Cole tried to be hero twice, but he had good chances, Like the first time from far out everyone in front of him was marked so he hit the ball with power and when the goalie saved it, he was forced back because it had so much power. The second time wasn't as good, but it was still a good half chance.

I think there is only one thing Danny Mills is good at, being rubbish at football.

I hope Sven doesn't pick him in the first team for the next game against Argentina, because there a better team and we need experianxced players all around.
Mon 03/06/02 at 21:58
Regular
"Bobba you"
Good post there mate.

I agree about he wanting to be the hero he did that alot. But I still think he is a good player.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:00
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
I thought Mills played well. The only mistake he made was the one leading to the goal, granted it was a big one. But mu point is, who was covering Alexandersson ?? No-one went to him and we let him come inside and score. The only player who attepted to get to him was Heskey and he had to run in from the wing. So my point is although the original error was Mills', we still could have prevented the goal with a bit of closing down. That was our whole problem 2nd half, we stood off them constantly. Mills got forward alot as well and helped out down the right flank. When i first looked at the squad, i would have had Brown at right back, but after Mills performance, i'd keep him there
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:02
Regular
"Better Than You"
Mills might be a good defender for Leeds, but hes not good enough for England yet, we need someone with experiance.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:05
Regular
"Better Than You"
Shepps wrote:

When i first looked at the squad, i would
> have had Brown at right back, but after Mills performance, i'd keep
> him there

Well I don't know about Brown, because he can hve on and off games, I still think Sven should have chosen Phil Neville for the England World Cup squad because he has experiance.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:09
Regular
"My Posts Make Sense"
I probably would have had Neville in the squad, but not as the starter. Although Brown doesn't have much international experience, he has Champions League experience and has played a fair deal for Man U whilst he was fit. Although Neville does have England experience, he is by no means a regular for Man U. Grnated, you could say the same for Brown, but i'd still have Brown over Neville
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:11
Regular
with the exception of the mistake danny mills was excellent he offered a tired beckham brilliant support and played with passion. I wouldn't have picked him but he was very good. Anyway hargreaves may play there when but is back.
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:15
Regular
"England 5 Germany 1"
he is a bold piece of crap
Mon 03/06/02 at 22:30
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Well done Chrissy.P *Shakes his hand*. You are one of the many people to realise how crap Danny Mills really is. He got into the England squad as

1. Gary Neville was injured
2. Sven Goran Eriksson rates him highly
3. He plays for a big club.

They should bring in Wes Brown or Owen Hargreaves.
Mon 03/06/02 at 23:07
Regular
"England skipper"
Hi everyone how are you?

Anyway back to the topic, i think Danny Mills had a great game on sunday untill that mistake, he linked up with Beckham well, but he went for glory most of the time which he shoulden't of done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.