GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"japan sales figures on the up!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/05/02 at 10:32
Regular
PlayStation 2: 65,200 (Annual: 1,705,300)
Game Boy Advance: 30,900 (Annual: 1,187,700)
Xbox: 7,400 (Annual: 193,000)
PSOne: 4,800 (Annual: 114,800)
GameCube: 2,500 (Annual: 563,200)
Game Boy Color: 1,200 (Annual: 50,400)
Wonder Swan Color: 1,100 (Annual: 83,600)

xbox has over took the gamecube and psone xbox is on the up suck on that all you nintys who come on our forum
and what the hell is a "Wonder Swan Colour"
Thu 06/06/02 at 13:34
Please do remember the european market isn't just the uk thank you
Thu 06/06/02 at 11:39
Regular
fosbe wrote:
> Dumb'ss xbox over took the gc as well as psone and considering the
> size of japan i dotn think it is that much of a disaster.

Who cares how small Japan is? It has a population of 125 million - over twice the population of the UK. So if Japan doesn't matter, I guess the UK's a complete waste of time?
Wed 05/06/02 at 21:22
Yea microsoft are patient with the japanese market thats how they were with windows
Wed 05/06/02 at 17:27
Regular
"ProGolfer"
doublezero wrote:
> Wow-wee! The Xbox has over taken the PSone in sales!
> I'm sure Bill gates is popping the cork off the champagne as we
> speak!
>
> (sarcasm-o-meter reading:- "off the scale")

Dumb'ss xbox over took the gc as well as psone and considering the size of japan i dotn think it is that much of a disaster.
Wed 05/06/02 at 15:49
The gulliability of the nation is annoying how the ps2 sold well even when the good games weren't there
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:47
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Wow-wee! The Xbox has over taken the PSone in sales!
I'm sure Bill gates is popping the cork off the champagne as we speak!

(sarcasm-o-meter reading:- "off the scale")
Wed 05/06/02 at 14:07
I am ready and waiting THANKS TELEWEST!

I have asked to be a beta tester :) heres me hoping
Wed 05/06/02 at 13:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm not knocking Sega's achievements at all. I'm saying that even though they went down the online gaming route, it was limited. Thats not knocking, its the truth. I played online with my Dreamcast too and enjoyed it, but lag did become a real problem. Microsoft might be going down the broadband route which limits how many people can get online with the X-Box, but then they are planning big.

If it takes off, which I believe it will, then lag will reach stupid levels, so broadband is really the option that Microsoft need in terms of giving players a good connection when playing games online.
Plus more people are getting broadband all the time, its really like DVD movies. It might be more of a luxury thing to have right now, but its the future and it will eventually be in most households.

Obviously its not a great situation for people without broadband right now, but at the same time you have to look at Microsoft's view of it. They could do it for normal modems, but it would really end up half arsed and lag would just reach frustrating levels all the time. They want to do
big things with X-Box Live and offer the best service they can.

Sega did well with what they had, but in the last months of playing on my Dreamcast, I did find myself getting really frustrated with lag on games like Quake 3 - especially when I was still paying the phonebill to play.
Another good thing about X-Box Live being broadband is it'll be a subscription fee, so there won't be any nasty surprises on your phonebill, you'll know what your paying out.
Tue 04/06/02 at 23:17
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Savatt1668 wrote:
> The Dreamcast had online gaming, but it wasn't anywhere near the standard of what the PC can handle.

Don't knock what Sega achived with the Dreamcast in terms of online gaming for consoles. For Quake 3, a fast paced FPS to run so well with 33k modems really was special. I was quite a regular player of Q3 on my dreamcast, and while there was lag, it was still very playable.

Xbox Live promices to be special, and I think it will be. However as I don't have broadband(and am not likely to get it either) I feel I will be missing out on a huge part of the Xbox experience.

I will wait and see what options are available. I read an artice on xbox365.com about MS being in talks with major european broadband providers about xbox live. Hopefully they will come up with an offer I, and others, can't refuse. I am very interested in Xbox Live, but all the costs of line rental are making me have doubts. I'm sure others will opt not to get it for this reason aswell.
Tue 04/06/02 at 21:34
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Do you no wherte all consoles are good got those figures from?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.