GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"japan sales figures on the up!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/05/02 at 10:32
Regular
PlayStation 2: 65,200 (Annual: 1,705,300)
Game Boy Advance: 30,900 (Annual: 1,187,700)
Xbox: 7,400 (Annual: 193,000)
PSOne: 4,800 (Annual: 114,800)
GameCube: 2,500 (Annual: 563,200)
Game Boy Color: 1,200 (Annual: 50,400)
Wonder Swan Color: 1,100 (Annual: 83,600)

xbox has over took the gamecube and psone xbox is on the up suck on that all you nintys who come on our forum
and what the hell is a "Wonder Swan Colour"
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Just cause they have been working on it for ages doesn't mean it'll beat Microsoft mate. Remember that Microsoft know all about online gaming from the PC. ;-)
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:13
"High polygon count"
savatt1668 wrote:
> I'm not saying the PS2 online play will be crap, I'm just saying that
> I think Microsoft will have the edge cause they seem to be putting
> more time into it.

You've obviously no idea how long Sony have been working on it then! :-)
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:09
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No I'm not having a laugh - Microsoft have some great online titles on the way and they are really urging companies to make more games with online play using the head set. Microsoft will have games with maasive worlds too. Microsoft are investing more money into online gaming because they want to offer players the best experience.

I'm not saying the PS2 online play will be crap, I'm just saying that I think Microsoft will have the edge cause they seem to be putting more time into it.
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:04
"High polygon count"
savatt1668 wrote:
> I think online gaming could really be the key for the X-Box as Sony
> probably won't be able to match up to the experience that Microsoft
> are offering

Please tell me you're having a laugh!

Sony's plans for the online experience go far further than Microsoft's, including MASSIVE online game worlds.
Mon 17/06/02 at 15:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The console is on the up then. :-) Be interesting to see the reaction to X-Box Live. Apparently PC online gaming isn't too big there, but with the Japanese enjoying Halo (which is strange for an FPS there) and things like Phantasy Star Online and mech games, it could well take off there.
:-)

I think online gaming could really be the key for the X-Box as Sony probably won't be able to match up to the experience that Microsoft are offering (a lot of money being put into this area) and if it does take off, Nintendo will be playing catch up as they have pretty much shrugged this route off.
Mon 17/06/02 at 15:11
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, here are the figures I got on TVG a week or 2 back. The reason for the Xbox surge was 100% because of Halo- almost a 1:1 Halo:Xbox ratio!

Sales for the week May 27th-June 2nd in Japan:

PS2: 60,000
GBA: 36,200
PS1: 7,900
Xbox: 5,700
GC: 5,400

By the figures in the original thread it looks like the console is doing even better now!

Oh, and the Wonderswan is a class piece of kit! Not as good as the NGPC which sported some excellent Street Figher games well before the GBA was out!
Sun 16/06/02 at 18:47
the wonder swan colour is like a gameboy its a handheld that is popular in just the japanese market it has all the final fantasies on it aswell
Sun 16/06/02 at 18:47
I wish people would stop arguing on these fourums
Sun 16/06/02 at 18:35
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Gar-J wrote:
> fosbe wrote:
> Dumb'ss xbox over took the gc as well as psone and considering the
> size of japan i dotn think it is that much of a disaster.
>
> Who cares how small Japan is? It has a population of 125 million -
> over twice the population of the UK. So if Japan doesn't matter, I
> guess the UK's a complete waste of time?

To the world the uk is classified as a island a very small one. So get your facts straight k? Oh and why dont you f off you newbie.
Sun 16/06/02 at 18:35
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Gar-J wrote:
> fosbe wrote:
> Dumb'ss xbox over took the gc as well as psone and considering the
> size of japan i dotn think it is that much of a disaster.
>
> Who cares how small Japan is? It has a population of 125 million -
> over twice the population of the UK. So if Japan doesn't matter, I
> guess the UK's a complete waste of time?

To the world the uk is classified as a island a very small one. So get your facts straight k?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.