GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"japan sales figures on the up!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/05/02 at 10:32
Regular
PlayStation 2: 65,200 (Annual: 1,705,300)
Game Boy Advance: 30,900 (Annual: 1,187,700)
Xbox: 7,400 (Annual: 193,000)
PSOne: 4,800 (Annual: 114,800)
GameCube: 2,500 (Annual: 563,200)
Game Boy Color: 1,200 (Annual: 50,400)
Wonder Swan Color: 1,100 (Annual: 83,600)

xbox has over took the gamecube and psone xbox is on the up suck on that all you nintys who come on our forum
and what the hell is a "Wonder Swan Colour"
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:45
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Sony have plans for 10 Online titles to be out by this time next year. MS have 47 + probably even more. And Wookie it seams you are the one not looking deaply enough into MS plans. Voice recognition on PS2? Every online xbox game will feature that. PS2 online will have a harder time taking off than Xbox Live as Xbox has practically everything you need in the system itself.

£140 to get PS2 online? "Sod off!" is what I and most people will say. With Xbox in Japan and the US at least, the Online package includes an Xbox Live game, the voice commander and a years subscription to the sevice, all for $50. Very not bad.

And like PS2, Xbox Live is being prepared to interchange between furure consoles. IE, Xbox Live will continue on with Xbox2 according to reports I have read.
Mon 17/06/02 at 21:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah I played Obi Wan too and found it pretty crappy. The upcoming Star Wars games should make up for it though. ;-)
Mon 17/06/02 at 17:56
Regular
Hopefully we should have a new star wars game...Obi-wan is a bit boring
Mon 17/06/02 at 17:01
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm wondering if Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic will have online play too - saw some footage of that and it looks amazing. :-) Even if it hasn't, that combined with Star Wars Galaxies should keep the Star Wars fans happy. ;-)
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:54
"High polygon count"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Interesting idea by Sony on the rental thing. I think Star Wars
> Galaxies is supposed to be on the way to X-Box.

It might well be - but remember... (cue shock and horror) it is a Sony game! :-)
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Interesting idea by Sony on the rental thing. I think Star Wars Galaxies is supposed to be on the way to X-Box. As for for SOCOM - god theres a multitude of those type of games coming to X-Box. ;-))

Be good if Project Ego ends up with online play. Otherwise theres the likes of Phantasy Star Online, football and American football games, tennis (apparently), Unreal Championship, online Halo, apparently an online beat em up by Sega, Project Gothem online and a Nascar style game, etc. By mid next year there should be some real amazing titles with online play. :-)
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:38
"High polygon count"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Thing is with Sony as well is that to get the full use of their online
> play, your going to have to fork out for the hard drive and the modem

About £140 altoghether, maybe less. But Sony are also considering a cheap rental scheme for the hardware to make it much more affordable.

As for the games - Star Wars Galaxies will be a big hitter, and SOCOM: Navy Seals is also shaping up to be very impressive, with voice recognition and the ability to command your unit via headset.
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:32
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah but online gaming is also about the titles that will be coming to the respective consoles. Microsoft have said about plans to give players the chance to download new things in their games such as new levels, character costumes, etc. Thing is with Sony as well is that to get the full use of their online play, your going to have to fork out for the hard drive and the modem on top of the subscription fee. This might be where Sony struggle to get peoples interest as it will be expensive.

With Microsoft, its really down to the subscription fee as the other things are already in the console. And yeah I know you not trying to start a big arguement on this thread. ;-)
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:20
"High polygon count"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Just cause they have been working on it for ages doesn't mean it'll
> beat Microsoft mate. Remember that Microsoft know all about online
> gaming from the PC. ;-)

It could also be argued that MS know a lot about Operating Systems, but they've only just made one comparable to the 80's Amiga OS! ;-)
Mon 17/06/02 at 16:18
"High polygon count"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> You've obviously no idea how long Sony have been working on it then!
> :-)

Let me just clarify...

I'm not looking to turn this into a "my online's better than yours" thread!

I'm just saying that Sony are investing a fortune in the online aspects of PS2, including future-proofing for PS3, expanding the Broadband network, and providing much more than 'just' online games.

I'm not denying that MS are also investing a lot, but I don't believe their plans are as broad as Sony's - at least at this moment in time. I think Sony are reading far more into the term "home entertainment system" than anyone else.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.