GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is for garbe123."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/05/02 at 19:23
Regular
Right garbe.

Now, I have nothing against the Xbox, but i've had it with you!

The GC does and will have superb games, in my opinion, and in pretty much everybody else, like the XBox.

Its just for ME, nothing can stand up to Mario, Metroid, Zelda et al, plus a huge list of all those 'cool' extremes sports games, like Evolution Skateboarding and THPS4 etc etc etc.

I realise I have inadvertantly opened myself up to garbes 'list' becasue I somehow offended the XBox in some way, but all I am saying is Nintendo make the best games for me, and for a lot of other people - Yes, even Edge likes Nintendo - Both Zelda and Mario got 10/10! WOW! They must be crap if they are on the same level as Halo!

I know they were the '64 versions, but with Miyamoto and the lovely GC, can anything go wrong (and don't say cel-shading, because if you do, you don't know one thing about gameplay, or have actualy seen it moving)

There.
Fri 31/05/02 at 21:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah but apparently Edge magazines opinions don't count because they get paid to give games good reviews. Er-No said so you see. ;-)
Fri 31/05/02 at 21:43
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Seriously? Loads of mags incl. Edge I think...) called Mario 64 the best game ever (and certainly the best platformer ever) and loads also called Zelda:OOT the best game ever...

Oh, and Super Mario World is still being called the best 2D platformer ever...

so there :P
Fri 31/05/02 at 19:07
Regular
lol, I thought I would just point this out, I haven't heard anyone say that Mario or Zelda are the best games ever but all my mates say Halo is and some of them don't even have it! I don't think they are the best games ever and in my opinion Max Payne is the best game ever as I am yet to play Halo! I will probably change my mind after reading reviews on it!
Fri 31/05/02 at 00:32
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
jebus, Kinglouie (sp?) I thought we'd quit with the biased crap... for one, you have named 3 games... hardly reflective of all GameCube titles is it...? And bigger isn't better. You can have a REALLY short game with tonnes of replay value and it can be a lot better than a game 10 times bigger that has no replay value and isn't as fun...

Oh, and also Garbe, you did say Halo has been called the best game ever, sooooo many Ninty games (including almost every Zelda game, and almost every Mario game including Mario 64) have been called the best game ever too. Just thought I'd mention that :D
Wed 29/05/02 at 22:56
Regular
jesus, bet u worn out yer nimbs writing that post!!!
as an xbox owner i feel i must sl-ag off gamecube
to perswade unenlightened ppl to our higherieky
'so i cant spell!'...
whats coming across to me about the gamecube is quite
obviously its nowhere near as powerful as xbox, its
about the same spec as ps2 'GRR how many mugs bought that
just cus it had a sony logo'
why did i come to this decision??? :)
even though it has some games that look entertaining
enuff they seem to always be 'for want of a better word'
SMALL, super monkey ball-luigie's mansion-that duff
fighting game etc etc... ie they may look fine, hell
that monkey ball looks quite fun to pass a few hours with
BUT dont u notice how small the arena's lvl's r?
if made for xbox, they'd b atleast twice as big...
imho this is where the gamecube is gonna suffer in its later
life...
u get what u pay 4 huh...
Wed 29/05/02 at 22:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
garbe123 wrote:
> lol, ye man I am top dog around here now!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ambitious, yet foolish. :-)

::goes to get his bat:: Now lets have a chat about the hierarchy of this little Empire known as the X-Box forum... ;-)
Wed 29/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
savatt1668 wrote:
> See garbe - look how special you are, a whole post dedicated to you.
> ;-))

lol, ye man I am top dog around here now! Still, the man himself is yet to show up and counter my post! Don't you think he treat me with no respect at all. He couldn't even address me properly, he is an insult to the others in the GameCube forum, at least I have talked to them on here and respect is there but not with this guy! Oh no, he is far too mighty for respect to a newbie, well I aren't prepared tobe spoke to in a derogitory way and it is about time he grew up and spoke to me right!
Wed 29/05/02 at 21:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
See garbe - look how special you are, a whole post dedicated to you. ;-))
Wed 29/05/02 at 16:10
Regular
Sorry about the double post, I wrote it in word and then copied and pasted it. Anyway I agree, we each like are own consoles and that is the way it should be.
Wed 29/05/02 at 15:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I take it you prefer the racing style titles to shooters. ;-)
I think PGR and Amped are great, but I definatly prefer Halo. Even now I still keep going back to it. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.