GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is for garbe123."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/05/02 at 19:23
Regular
Right garbe.

Now, I have nothing against the Xbox, but i've had it with you!

The GC does and will have superb games, in my opinion, and in pretty much everybody else, like the XBox.

Its just for ME, nothing can stand up to Mario, Metroid, Zelda et al, plus a huge list of all those 'cool' extremes sports games, like Evolution Skateboarding and THPS4 etc etc etc.

I realise I have inadvertantly opened myself up to garbes 'list' becasue I somehow offended the XBox in some way, but all I am saying is Nintendo make the best games for me, and for a lot of other people - Yes, even Edge likes Nintendo - Both Zelda and Mario got 10/10! WOW! They must be crap if they are on the same level as Halo!

I know they were the '64 versions, but with Miyamoto and the lovely GC, can anything go wrong (and don't say cel-shading, because if you do, you don't know one thing about gameplay, or have actualy seen it moving)

There.
Tue 28/05/02 at 19:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Right garbe.

Now, I have nothing against the Xbox, but i've had it with you!

The GC does and will have superb games, in my opinion, and in pretty much everybody else, like the XBox.

Its just for ME, nothing can stand up to Mario, Metroid, Zelda et al, plus a huge list of all those 'cool' extremes sports games, like Evolution Skateboarding and THPS4 etc etc etc.

I realise I have inadvertantly opened myself up to garbes 'list' becasue I somehow offended the XBox in some way, but all I am saying is Nintendo make the best games for me, and for a lot of other people - Yes, even Edge likes Nintendo - Both Zelda and Mario got 10/10! WOW! They must be crap if they are on the same level as Halo!

I know they were the '64 versions, but with Miyamoto and the lovely GC, can anything go wrong (and don't say cel-shading, because if you do, you don't know one thing about gameplay, or have actualy seen it moving)

There.
Tue 28/05/02 at 21:26
Regular
Evolution Skateboarding, in fact Evolution Skateboarding was named for the Xbox in the first place!

I'll tell you one problem I have with Nintendo, all they do is re-release old titles with a different name! Zelda may be good but it is not stricktly original. Mario is boring to me and it has been done so many times that I could play the game in my sleep!

Answer this, if Nintendo makes all the best games why has Halo been stated by more than 10 magazines the best game ever created? Not only tht but the N64 was set up a long time before Zelda came to its senses, Halo was a LAUNCH title! If the launch titles are this good (and trust me they are) then how can you argue that the later games won't be even better?

I absolutley hated Mario 64. it was so boring and the 'same old thing' all the time that I actually took it back and got Mario Kart 64! This is no exhaggeration and I don't really car if you believe it or not but 8 of my friends all had N64's as well and after finishing Bond we all put them up in our lofts, WELL OUT OF THE WAY!

I don't know what facts you are running on (if any at all) but how do you know the GameCube will do any better than the N64? Nintendo boasted a lot for the 64 but it was almost a total failure bar a few titles! Please don't start me off on the GameBoy or GameBoy Advance becuase they are just laughable! We could have kept our SNEZ's from the old days if we knew they would only make it smaller!

You can not accuse me of never playing a Nintendo console as I have owned 3 of them myself and I have been playing the GameCube since early last Decemeber! The graphics are good but... (you know whats coming but it is not a shot at the console or you for that matter and I know you refuse to face these things) compared to Halo and my newly purchased Dead Or Alive 3 (this game is totally amazing and it contains some of the most compelling graphics ever created in a video game and so far only Halo and RalliSport have challenged it) I can honestly say after playing a GameCube that its graphics don't match up to the class of the Xbox! This is understandable as it does not have the extra capabilities so don't take this as a shot at the GameCube!

I chose the Xbox above the GameCube becuase I am not into Nintendo anymore as I grew out of them about 6 years ago. Games like Halo, Dead Or Alive 3, Project Gotham, RalliSport, Max Payne and up and coming titles like Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Commandos 2, Medal Of Honour Allied Assault, Shenmue 2, Swat: Global Strike Team, Rainbow Six: Raven Shield, Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, House of the Dead 3, Hunter: The Reckoning... etc etc! All appeal to me as I like mature titles that require thinking and brawn all in the same title! The games are aimed at an audience 18 and over compared to the GameCubes 7 and over (once more this is not a shot at the GameCube it was in my local EB and Currys store on a board, also on the board was the consoles in order of power and capabilities and the Xbox was number one!)

Whatever you say will not make me change my mind about Nintendo, I do not like them and thats that. I respect your opinion over the GameCube just as you do mine (well I hope you do) but at the end of the day you will defend your console just as much as I will defend mine! (as you may have already gathered, lol)

As I have said before, the DVD player is great, I have 17 DVD's and I love to watch them now and again, not just that but I buy them on a regular occasion and they play really well on my 28" TV!

You talk to me like I am a piece of dirt! I thought you entitled you post "This is for garbe123" but when I read through it you address me as 'Garbe' instead of 'your', I thought this post was for me, obviously not! Read this back to yourself:

'I realise I have inadvertantly opened myself up to garbes 'list' becasue...

Don't you think this is pretty disrespectful towards me! I have alreday told everyone else what I think in the sensible post I did for you and everyone else has accepted it and said "fair enough", but not you, Oh no! you have to continue having a go at me and I am really sick of it! For the most of it I have addressed you in a proper way and given you my 'sensible opinions' but all you have done is talk down to me and pay me a lot of disrespect which I find both insulting and unfair!

I get on with most people in this forum, if not all and they all talk to me as equal, who do you think you are? You go around treating me like an idiot when I have clearly expressed to you my sensible opinions.

If people put the Xbox down in anyway I will always be there to defend it, if you don't like it then tough! Next time you want me to read your post and reply to you, address me properly, I treat you with respect and if you do me we could get along in this forum and in life, in other words if you don't have anythingEvolution Skateboarding, in fact Evolution Skateboarding was named for the Xbox in the first place!

I'll tell you one problem I have with Nintendo, all they do is re-release old titles with a different name! Zelda may be good but it is not stricktly original. Mario is boring to me and it has been done so many times that I could play the game in my sleep!

Answer this, if Nintendo makes all the best games why has Halo been stated by more than 10 magazines the best game ever created? Not only tht but the N64 was set up a long time before Zelda came to its senses, Halo was a LAUNCH title! If the launch titles are this good (and trust me they are) then how can you argue that the later games won't be even better?

I absolutley hated Mario 64. it was so boring and the 'same old thing' all the time that I actually took it back and got Mario Kart 64! This is no exhaggeration and I don't really car if you believe it or not but 8 of my friends all had N64's as well and after finishing Bond we all put them up in our lofts, WELL OUT OF THE WAY!

I don't know what facts you are running on (if any at all) but how do you know the GameCube will do any better than the N64? Nintendo boasted a lot for the 64 but it was almost a total failure bar a few titles! Please don't start me off on the GameBoy or GameBoy Advance becuase they are just laughable! We could have kept our SNEZ's from the old days if we knew they would only make it smaller!

You can not accuse me of never playing a Nintendo console as I have owned 3 of them myself and I have been playing the GameCube since early last Decemeber! The graphics are good but... (you know whats coming but it is not a shot at the console or you for that matter and I know you refuse to face these things) compared to Halo and my newly purchased Dead Or Alive 3 (this game is totally amazing and it contains some of the most compelling graphics ever created in a video game and so far only Halo and RalliSport have challenged it) I can honestly say after playing a GameCube that its graphics don't match up to the class of the Xbox! This is understandable as it does not have the extra capabilities so don't take this as a shot at the GameCube!

I chose the Xbox above the GameCube becuase I am not into Nintendo anymore as I grew out of them about 6 years ago. Games like Halo, Dead Or Alive 3, Project Gotham, RalliSport, Max Payne and up and coming titles like Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Commandos 2, Medal Of Honour Allied Assault, Shenmue 2, Swat: Global Strike Team, Rainbow Six: Raven Shield, Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, House of the Dead 3, Hunter: The Reckoning... etc etc! All appeal to me as I like mature titles that require thinking and brawn all in the same title! The games are aimed at an audience 18 and over compared to the GameCubes 7 and over (once more this is not a shot at the GameCube it was in my local EB and Currys store on a board, also on the board was the consoles in order of power and capabilities and the Xbox was number one!)

Whatever you say will not make me change my mind about Nintendo, I do not like them and thats that. I respect your opinion over the GameCube just as you do mine (well I hope you do) but at the end of the day you will defend your console just as much as I will defend mine! (as you may have already gathered, lol)

As I have said before, the DVD player is great, I have 17 DVD's and I love to watch them now and again, not just that but I buy them on a regular occasion and they play really well on my 28" TV!

You talk to me like I am a piece of dirt! I thought you entitled you post "This is for garbe123" but when I read through it you address me as 'Garbe' instead of 'your', I thought this post was for me, obviously not! Read this back to yourself:

'I realise I have inadvertantly opened myself up to garbes 'list' becasue...

Don't you think this is pretty disrespectful towards me! I have alreday told everyone else what I think in the sensible post I did for you and everyone else has accepted it and said "fair enough", but not you, Oh no! you have to continue having a go at me and I am really sick of it! For the most of it I have addressed you in a proper way and given you my 'sensible opinions' but all you have done is talk down to me and pay me a lot of disrespect which I find both insulting and unfair!

I get on with most people in this forum, if not all and they all talk to me as equal, who do you think you are? You go around treating me like an idiot when I have clearly expressed to you my sensible opinions.

If people put the Xbox down in anyway I will always be there to defend it, if you don't like it then tough! Next time you want me to read your post and reply to you, address me properly, I treat you with respect and if you do me we could get along in this forum and in life, in other words if you don't have anything right to say to me in a proper manner then I am not interested.
Tue 28/05/02 at 21:42
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
In regards to the best game ever, I think at one point Zelda Oarina of Time was considered the best game of all time but has now been beaten by other games. Halo, as you say may well be the best game at the moment (but it doesn't appeal to me, DOA 3 does!) it will be beaten and some new game will take it's place!
Tue 28/05/02 at 22:06
Regular
garbe123 that post was so long
Wed 29/05/02 at 00:04
Regular
Garbe you posted the same thing on the same post twice me old matey!

Anyway just one thing, Nintendo don't release the same games they just us their well known franchises such as Zelda and Mario and make completely new games for them. Just look at the cell shaded Zelda, whether you like it or not you can't say it's the same game as OOT.

Anyway I like my Cube you like your X-box and nothing is gonna change yours or my mind so that's me done.
Wed 29/05/02 at 14:07
Regular
Halo is not the best game ever. It's good, but not amazing. PGR, on the otherhand, it's bloody fantastic! As is Amped. I can't wait for Grand Prix 4 and Elderscrolls 3 either.
Wed 29/05/02 at 15:05
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I take it you prefer the racing style titles to shooters. ;-)
I think PGR and Amped are great, but I definatly prefer Halo. Even now I still keep going back to it. :-)
Wed 29/05/02 at 16:10
Regular
Sorry about the double post, I wrote it in word and then copied and pasted it. Anyway I agree, we each like are own consoles and that is the way it should be.
Wed 29/05/02 at 21:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
See garbe - look how special you are, a whole post dedicated to you. ;-))
Wed 29/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
savatt1668 wrote:
> See garbe - look how special you are, a whole post dedicated to you.
> ;-))

lol, ye man I am top dog around here now! Still, the man himself is yet to show up and counter my post! Don't you think he treat me with no respect at all. He couldn't even address me properly, he is an insult to the others in the GameCube forum, at least I have talked to them on here and respect is there but not with this guy! Oh no, he is far too mighty for respect to a newbie, well I aren't prepared tobe spoke to in a derogitory way and it is about time he grew up and spoke to me right!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.