GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eminem - The Eminem Show."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/05/02 at 22:40
Regular
Bought this album today, only had chance to listen through it once so far, and it's.... different.

Different from the first two albums, definately. The single, "Without Me", is definately the most commercial track on the album.

A couple of the tracks wouln't have sounded out of place on The Marshall Mathers LP, with him being dark and having a rant. A couple of tracks made me laugh in places, but it's not as funny as The Slim Shady LP.

It needs another listen, I think, but then all the best stuff does take a couple of listens to get into. Should be a definate buy for Eminem fans, but if you've only heard "Without Me", I'd recommend you listen to some other tracks before buying the album, as you may be a bit surprised with some of the other tracks...
Sat 01/06/02 at 17:09
Regular
is how france played yesterday
Sat 01/06/02 at 16:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
merde
Fri 31/05/02 at 10:34
This album is just as bubblegum as the last one, i got the album with the dvd(region 2) and gave it a couple of listens and then swapped it with my neighbour, the sslp was definately his best album(from a hip-hop headz perspective) but i guess you pop kids lapped up the last one and you'll probably do the same this time round(no disrespect intended)....
Thu 30/05/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I agree the language is foul, but it suits the songs completely.
> "Stan" is just a masterpiece of music and the lyrics are
> fantastic and well thought out - if disturbing.

Yeah, I do like Stan. I hate the Dido song on its own but it goes well in Stan.

> "Kim" is another great track, second only to
> "Stan" on the MMLP album in my view.

I can't take this song. I absolutely despise it. It's just sick. I'm gonna cut your throat! Oooooh, how nice of you to share that with us.
Thu 30/05/02 at 12:50
"High polygon count"
Got this on order from CD-WOW, along with Gatecrasher: Digital Trance and a DVD.

Can't wait...

I like Eminem - can't help but think his whole act is very tongue-in-cheek, and some of the songs are very funny.

"My bum is on your lips
My bum is on your lips
And if I'm lucky you might just give it a little kiss."

That video is hilarious, with him running down the street in a brightly coloured super-hero outfit with that fake butt strapped on the outside, when sitting on the guys face and rubbing it around. So damn funny.

I agree the language is foul, but it suits the songs completely. "Stan" is just a masterpiece of music and the lyrics are fantastic and well thought out - if disturbing.

"Kim" is another great track, second only to "Stan" on the MMLP album in my view.

It's a shame that many people just hear the swearing and violent lyrics and automatically condemn him and the music. Sure, he goes for shock value and outrageous antics, but it's a refreshing change from the various clean-cut pop idols around.
Thu 30/05/02 at 12:22
Regular
"That's right!"
The Kenny Kannif (however you spell it) skits in his first album were great. He coined the phrase "*cough* boy" and "automated piece of *cough*"

*note, coughs have been used to protect the innocent
Thu 30/05/02 at 08:33
Dr Gonzo wrote:
The "skits" are pointless
> and were done far better by Ice T years ago when they were still
> controversial.

I agree there. The skits in the MM LP were pointless, and I'd never BUY it, because of that. The skits was just him involved with talking to someone for half a minute or so. I can't think of one MnM skit that was worth listening to...

And Ice T rules ;D
Thu 30/05/02 at 00:10
Regular
"That's right!"
I've never seen/heard Eminem ever acting like he was black. He's white, he knows he's white and he DOESN'T act black. That's the joke, because people like Vanilla Ice etc DID try to be something they're not
Wed 29/05/02 at 22:46
Regular
I like his videos, they make me laugh, but the music is absolute crap and he's about the biggest retard. He thinks he's black. Part of the joke, my ars. Gimp.

Yeah, and Muse are crap too :-)
Wed 29/05/02 at 22:31
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Did any of you get a DVD with it?

I think it's only region 1 so you probably don't get it over here, but since Play import their CDs from the US, you get it when you order from them.

10.99 for the album and the DVD which includes:

Brain Damage/Just Don't Give A F**K
Eminem Slim Shady Show
Eminem's Life And His New Album
Just Don't Give A F**K ('e' Dvd Version)
Preview From The 'eminem All Access Europe' Dvd
Eminem Slim Shady Show
Producing Tracks
The Way I Am (Live At Fuji Rock Festival)
Eminem Slim Shady Show
That's You
Trailer From The Film '8 Mile'
Slimshank Redemption
Eminem Slim Shady Show
New Victims

Dunno if you care. I certainly don't as I'm not a fan of Eminem. Got the Marshall Mathers LP on pirate and the only song I really liked was Stan. A few other alright ones but I'm just not a fan of rap.

I got the new Oasis album off my mate today actually. Now that is music! Poor quality since it was all downloaded off the net but it was still really good. Little By Little and some other one that I can't remember the name of are the best ones.

And I want the new Muse album now! And the DVD!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.