GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eminem - The Eminem Show."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/05/02 at 22:40
Regular
Bought this album today, only had chance to listen through it once so far, and it's.... different.

Different from the first two albums, definately. The single, "Without Me", is definately the most commercial track on the album.

A couple of the tracks wouln't have sounded out of place on The Marshall Mathers LP, with him being dark and having a rant. A couple of tracks made me laugh in places, but it's not as funny as The Slim Shady LP.

It needs another listen, I think, but then all the best stuff does take a couple of listens to get into. Should be a definate buy for Eminem fans, but if you've only heard "Without Me", I'd recommend you listen to some other tracks before buying the album, as you may be a bit surprised with some of the other tracks...
Mon 27/05/02 at 22:40
Regular
Bought this album today, only had chance to listen through it once so far, and it's.... different.

Different from the first two albums, definately. The single, "Without Me", is definately the most commercial track on the album.

A couple of the tracks wouln't have sounded out of place on The Marshall Mathers LP, with him being dark and having a rant. A couple of tracks made me laugh in places, but it's not as funny as The Slim Shady LP.

It needs another listen, I think, but then all the best stuff does take a couple of listens to get into. Should be a definate buy for Eminem fans, but if you've only heard "Without Me", I'd recommend you listen to some other tracks before buying the album, as you may be a bit surprised with some of the other tracks...
Mon 27/05/02 at 23:04
Regular
"That's right!"
I've had it for over a week now *cough* piracy *cough* and it is, indeed, very different from his first two albums. It's good, but not as good as the M-M LP, which ruled
Tue 28/05/02 at 03:34
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
I've had it for a while too, went out and got a real copy yesterday though.

I quite like it - Square Dance is another No 1 in waiting. Only problem is he's kept hold of the stupid “gangsta” rubbish, which he really should have grown out of. The "skits" are pointless and were done far better by Ice T years ago when they were still controversial. The other gangsta track would be the one with Obe Trice that is embarrassingly bad.

On the whole though, it is pretty good - some of the more vitriolic, spitting out aggression like he's done in the past (Way I Am), which is when he's at his best IMO. White America is the best example of this. That said, he still writes lyrics like a pro, as the current single attests. Gets a simply divine rhythm, which just suits the way he spits the words out in delivery perfectly.

Oh, and hands up who reckons some meeting of the marketing team resulted in the Stan-a-like Sing For The Moment (though this time the sample doesn't fit anywhere near as good).

I'm sounding like I don't like the album, aren't I? Ermmmm... well I rather enjoyed it really.
Wed 29/05/02 at 18:22
Regular
I tell you which song i like on the album. Number 14 "hailies song" i love this song. i like some of the albums on a whole but some are not so good.
Wed 29/05/02 at 22:03
Geuss who's back, on dry land
Your Honour's back, what a sham!
Get him banned
Get him banned
Get him banned
Get him banned
Wed 29/05/02 at 22:31
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Did any of you get a DVD with it?

I think it's only region 1 so you probably don't get it over here, but since Play import their CDs from the US, you get it when you order from them.

10.99 for the album and the DVD which includes:

Brain Damage/Just Don't Give A F**K
Eminem Slim Shady Show
Eminem's Life And His New Album
Just Don't Give A F**K ('e' Dvd Version)
Preview From The 'eminem All Access Europe' Dvd
Eminem Slim Shady Show
Producing Tracks
The Way I Am (Live At Fuji Rock Festival)
Eminem Slim Shady Show
That's You
Trailer From The Film '8 Mile'
Slimshank Redemption
Eminem Slim Shady Show
New Victims

Dunno if you care. I certainly don't as I'm not a fan of Eminem. Got the Marshall Mathers LP on pirate and the only song I really liked was Stan. A few other alright ones but I'm just not a fan of rap.

I got the new Oasis album off my mate today actually. Now that is music! Poor quality since it was all downloaded off the net but it was still really good. Little By Little and some other one that I can't remember the name of are the best ones.

And I want the new Muse album now! And the DVD!
Wed 29/05/02 at 22:46
Regular
I like his videos, they make me laugh, but the music is absolute crap and he's about the biggest retard. He thinks he's black. Part of the joke, my ars. Gimp.

Yeah, and Muse are crap too :-)
Thu 30/05/02 at 00:10
Regular
"That's right!"
I've never seen/heard Eminem ever acting like he was black. He's white, he knows he's white and he DOESN'T act black. That's the joke, because people like Vanilla Ice etc DID try to be something they're not
Thu 30/05/02 at 08:33
Dr Gonzo wrote:
The "skits" are pointless
> and were done far better by Ice T years ago when they were still
> controversial.

I agree there. The skits in the MM LP were pointless, and I'd never BUY it, because of that. The skits was just him involved with talking to someone for half a minute or so. I can't think of one MnM skit that was worth listening to...

And Ice T rules ;D
Thu 30/05/02 at 12:22
Regular
"That's right!"
The Kenny Kannif (however you spell it) skits in his first album were great. He coined the phrase "*cough* boy" and "automated piece of *cough*"

*note, coughs have been used to protect the innocent

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.