GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite Childhood Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 21:33
Regular
This is for the older people in the world, who played the early games when 3d didn't exist (or were just beginning to surface).

So what was your favourite game?

I remember playing Jill of the Jungle, Commander Keen, Duke Nukem 1 and 2, Wolfenstein 3d, Doom, Chuckie Egg on the Spectrum. I also played loads of other platformers one was called Dark Ages I think, and you can't forget Prince of Persia.

Shareware was great wasn't it? Wolfenstein was my favourite anyway.
Mon 27/05/02 at 12:27
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Hold on, I'll just put on my rose-tinted nostalgia goggles.

*puts on pink glasses*

Ahh, that's better.

Right, Dizzy series and Elite, obviously. Rainbow Islands, two player Wizball on C64 (took an entire day to finish, with many many blisters), Football Manager 2, Atic Atac, a little known classic on the speccy called The Wild Bunch (well worth downloading an emulator for), Arkanoid, Daley Thompsons Decatholon and Supertest (I'm still super-ninja at Track and Field thanks to those years of training),Run The Gauntlet, Repton, Tetris (still great),Klax, Jet Set Willy 2, Switchblade, Quazatron.

I'm sure there's many more I've missed as well.
Mon 27/05/02 at 12:03
Regular
"Whatever!"
Harrier Attack, The Galactic Plague, Oh Mummy and Roland on the Ropes - All Amstrad 464 games!
Mon 27/05/02 at 01:50
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
I can remember play this v weird but funny game on my spectrum im not sure what it was called but i use to play it for hours. The idea of the game was to collect bombs in which you bounced all over the screen while dodging enemies. I also use to like playing dizzy and a fruit machine game on my spectrum as well. I wish i hadn't had sold it now.
Mon 27/05/02 at 01:40
Hercules! wrote:
> I liked all the old Amiga games actually. They were all great.

Yea the amiga was fantastic.Ive sold it and i really miss it now :(
Sun 26/05/02 at 23:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I liked all the old Amiga games actually. They were all great.
Sun 26/05/02 at 23:52
Regular
Monkey Island, Rick Dangerous, Dizzy Games, Mega Twins etc etc

ahhhh the Atari ST, what a machine that was...
Sun 26/05/02 at 23:47
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Dav1d wrote:
> Trust me, Leisure Suit Larry was even better than police quest.
>
> You had to be over 18 to play it (I was about 7 at the time) and you
> had to answer a series of adult related questions to get into the
> game. Used to take me about 15 restarts just to play the darn game.
>
> Elite was also a quality game in its time, but I played it the other
> day to see if it still had its "vavavoom" but I was
> desperatley dissapointed.... oh how games have changed.

I played that too.
Wasn't one of the questions "What is herpes?"
Leisure Suit Larry was just hard though.
Sun 26/05/02 at 23:38
Regular
Trust me, Leisure Suit Larry was even better than police quest.

You had to be over 18 to play it (I was about 7 at the time) and you had to answer a series of adult related questions to get into the game. Used to take me about 15 restarts just to play the darn game.

Elite was also a quality game in its time, but I played it the other day to see if it still had its "vavavoom" but I was desperatley dissapointed.... oh how games have changed.
Sun 26/05/02 at 23:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I used to love Bird Strike on the BBC Micro and Ghostbusters on the Commodore 64. To this day my head is haunted with Bird Strike's title screen "music" and the "He slimed me !" "speech" in Ghostbusters.
Sun 26/05/02 at 23:30
Regular
"That's right!"
I played the original Police Quest the other day, oh how I laughed at the visuals and sound. Couldn't be bothered playing it very long though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.