GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ssbm home run contest"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/05/02 at 18:54
Regular
what your record on the home run contest
Sat 01/06/02 at 15:41
Regular
313.1m, cant get it any further as 78% before a hit is the highest I can get
Sat 01/06/02 at 11:35
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Press right and A together. Hold them both down and make sure you hit them hard.

How the hell do you get 400 meters? I've got 365 meters (took me around 8 minutes of retrying I'd say) but it didn't seem like I'd get any higher so I quit and played mopre FFX.
Sat 01/06/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I am having a problem with SSBM Home run contest.
I can get the bag up to 80% with most characters but how do you hit the bag well with the bat.
Please help!!!!!!
Fri 31/05/02 at 19:15
Regular
Tony_Blair wrote:
> i have watched some movie of japanese people do it and they are
> mental!! :S they got the bag off the screen!! on multipe occasions!

Where did you see that movie?
Fri 31/05/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I got 312 meters with Fox, using the method everyone said. That's my best with any character.

I don't have Dr Mario yet. I fought him after completing Classic with Mario but I fell off the side. No, I wasn't pushed, I fell! All the more annoying.

However, I did get Ganandorf. And he rules! Still, Link is the best. I don't like Fox. He is too fast and I always end up doing his dash move and flying right off the edge!

I did have a really good idea in the home run contest with Yoshi but it didn't work. I ate the sandbag first and made him into an egg. Then I bashed him with the bat. But it didn't work as well as I'd hoped.. :-(
Fri 31/05/02 at 17:00
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
the best i can get one home run is 403.8, and thats with the dr mario technique. how u can get 410 is beyond me, and i'm doing it as fast as is possible(well if u can get 410 and i can't, i'm obviously not am i? lol!)
Fri 31/05/02 at 12:38
"Mimmargh!"
BLD wrote:
> Well, i finally did it.
> It took many tears and till 2 in the morning but i did it.
>
> 410m!!!!
>
> and all i get is yoshi's island? aghhhhh!!!!
>
> Used Dr Mazza, with a combo of cape and a few pills, u can get it over
> 100% before u smack it one.

I can only get 397 with Dr Mazza, which is really fustrating!
My hands really hurt now, no joke!
Fri 31/05/02 at 09:53
Well, i finally did it.
It took many tears and till 2 in the morning but i did it.

410m!!!!

and all i get is yoshi's island? aghhhhh!!!!

Used Dr Mazza, with a combo of cape and a few pills, u can get it over 100% before u smack it one.
Thu 30/05/02 at 22:15
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
i have watched some movie of japanese people do it and they are mental!! :S they got the bag off the screen!! on multipe occasions!
Thu 30/05/02 at 22:12
Regular
"keep your receipt"
As Dringo said before distance from Sandbag plays a huge part. If you look at the circles on the floor where Sandbag starts from, if you stand on the outside circle with the bat and smash it you should get a really good hit.

You need to aim so that Sandbag gets hit with the very tip of the bat.

If you get a good hit, you'll get a screaming noise. The better the hit the louder the scream!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.