GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ALL X-BOX FANS READ THIS!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/05/02 at 20:15
Regular
This is me, a serious X-Box fanboy and it is not a stupid consoles war post I just want everyone who is either into the X-BOX or gaming in general to read this, I know it is long but please read it, you will finally see why we are here for a long time!

The X-Box can not be compared to the GC becuase the X-Box wins hands down. Instead of bringing out say 1 good game a month and the rest are a waste of time the X-Box is bringing out 3-4 amazing games a month and between now and christmas this will increase. I can't believe that the X-Box has only been out just over 5 weeks in the UK because the games we have seen and played so far win GOTY before the end of year has arrived. Many complain about ports, nut just look at how the PS2 mashes ports up, take Max Payne for example, the X-Box version is the best version of the game yet and it is not a biased opinioin as most people share this opinioin and on the net reviews rate the game higher or equal than the PC version and the only reasons why it was faulted was becuase it was too short (nothing to do with the port) and no level editor (port problem). Then take the PS2 version:

No quick save
Load times are shocking
Graphics are very poor
sounds are dumbed down
DOLBY 5.1 is not apparent
Frame rate is terrible

There we go 1-0 to the X-box!

Then lets take SSX Tricky, the PS2 version was good, the GameCube version was appauling LOL! and once more the X-Box version wins once more due to popular opinioins and amazing graphical enhancements (mainly in the lighting department) to the other 2 version. The GameCube version thined all the characters down to make them look stupid, the graphics had been dumbed down for some strange and unknown reason (well it is known can't handle em) and it was rated the poorest out of the lot.

Before you jump the gun forget the, " Nintendo wanted to create a console ideal for games and nothing else ", becuase it is utter rubbish! The GameCube contains neither DVD playback nor a Hard Drive which means no internet play and no option to download extra levels or characters and game Demos. Lets all face it even the PS2 could do this (no offence to PS2 owners it is my 2nd favourite console and I hope it does well) and this goes to show that it was rushed out to compete as they are even supposedly adding a DVD player to the console (emphesis on supposedly) and if they had thought things over properly and not rushed the console out then they might last maybe a day longer than the N64!

Forget the Resident Evil rubbish, read reviews on www.gamespot.com and www.ign.com to find out that the game is nothing ultra special and is just an update in the series and look at it this way, the PS2 new that the series was coming to an end after a great career so they sold the franchise to guess what people... NINTENDO, LOL! All Nintendo seems to do is rehash old games from other consoles of both their own and other consoles. Anyone can bring out old games, Microsoft could just release:

Shenmue 1
Jet Grind Radio
Virtua Tennis 1
Virtua Tennis 2

But instead they have had the brains to bring out the latest addition like:

Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue 2

Microsoft are giving gamers what they want, no-one wants old rehashes of ex PLAYSTAION ONE games! LOL, face it the GameCube is a console that is not going to survive and it should have been called an N64.2!

All these games that you list as great games:

Die Hard Vendetta
Mario
Metroid
Star Fox

They are all old (bar Die Hard) and I bet you now maybe 2 of them will score 80% in reviews, just stop giving out all this rubbish about, " we have the best games " when clearly the X-Box list makes me drool just looking at it! I could go out and list a few X-Box titles that will only appeal to a select audience and say, " look these games sound good lets go promote them without any evidence or facts "! I know one GameCube owner that owns all 3 top consoles and a great PC that will admit that the GameCube is utter kids play and wishes he never bought one, but all you on here are so imature that all your arguments stem from the same thing, RUBBISH!

Look at the impact games like:

Halo
RalliSport Challenge
Project Gotham Racing
Max Payne
Dead Or Alive III
Jet Set Radio Future
WWF: Raw Is War
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

And with the likes of:

Air Force Delta Storm
Black And White
Bruce Lee: Quest For the Dragon
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Commandos 2
Conflict Desert Storm
Dead To Rights
Die Hard
Dino Crisis 3
Good Cop Bad Cop
Gun Valkyrie
Halo 2
Hitman 2
House of the Dead 3
Hunter: The Reckoning
The Matrix: Reloaded (gonna be the best game ever)
Max Payne 2
Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault
Metal Gear Solid Substance
Midtown Madness 3
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Pac Man World 2
Prisoner Of War
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
Return to Castle Wolfinstien
Serious Sam
Shenmue II
Shenmue III
Soul Calibur 2
State Of Emergency
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter Special Edition
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Terminator Dawn of Fate
Timesplitters 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Unreal Championship
X-MEN Wolverines Revenge

Hitting our shops this year and early next year, TAKE COVER NINTIES!

The GameCube has not had this impact, maybe Star Wars: Rouge Squadron has had a small effect but nothing like Halo and the other games listed above and THEY WERE ALL LANCH TITLES! With over 200 amazing games promised before Christmas on top of the having the worlds most powerful graphical and sound engine that all you Ninties could only dream of and we have the Worlds MOST POWERFUL games console and with the games to back it up! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN ARGUE WITH, NOTHING! How can you complain about all the games out and coming out when they are truly mouth watering.

This is a desperate plee to just SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND KNOW YOUR ROLES! Because in here we are sick of all you GameCube owners trying to convince yourselves that you have made the right descion! If you think you have then I AM PLEASED FOR YOU, YES THAT IS RIGHT I AM PLEASED FOR YOU, IN FACT I AM OVER THE MOON! But just stop coming into the X-Box forum with naff arguments and sales figures beacuase they are all wrong! The X-Box is picking up sales in Europe and Japan, in America it is alreday doing amazingly well and in Austraillia they had to increase shipping by 41% just to please consumers with the Worlds Most powerul games console!

Whatever you come back with I am not interested, I have held off with pure power facts because all you Ninties deny them BEACUASE YOU ARE JELOUS but if you want em I will give them to you. As IGN quote themselves ' WITH OVER 70 GAMES OUT AND 200 PROMISED BY CHRISMAS MORE AND MORE GREAT X-BOX GAMES ARE BEING CONCIEVED EACH DAY'!

As 'THE ROCK' himself would say 'THE X-BOX IS THE BEST THING ON THIS SIDE OF THE PILLOW SO ALL YOU NINTIES GO LAY THE SMACKDOWN SOMEWHERE ELSE AND KNOW YOUR ROLES JABRONIS'! ALL YOU X-BOX FANS JOIN WITH ME AS WE PREACH IT'S POWER AND CAPABILITIES ACROSS THESE FORUMS AND GET FAITH IN ALL US PROUD OWNERS! SONG IT OUTLOUD! 'IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... WHAT GARBE123 AND BILL GATES AND THE X-BOX AND ALL YOU X-BOX FANS ON HERE AND OUT THERE... ARE... COOKING! JUST BRING IT NINTIES!
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:26
Regular
Again you are calling my topic BIASED RUBBISH when all I doing is giving you what I get each DAY! You don't like it do you? NO, you don't like my biased topic becuase you can nto take it, try putting up with it EVERY DAY! You are still slagging me off for pointing out the OBVIOUS! If you got rubbish every day you would turn around and get mad, well here I am in that situation! Why should I go find those morons for you, if people feel like that then I can't help it, BUT I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! AND NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE ON HERE! Just ask yourself this question before you reply:

Put yourself in my position, I sit here each day reading rubbish posts against my console and up until now I have kept quiet. When biased RUBBISH is used against me each day I just usually reply with " you are just jelous " and leave things alone, THAT IS UNTIL NOW! I have retaliated against the very people who started this becuase I am annoyed. If you were in my situation you would do the same thing! Wouldn't you?
Sun 26/05/02 at 13:15
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
garbe123 wrote:
> I can't believe you still can not see the obvious! I wanted a reaction
> becuase I am sick of ninty muppets running in with cheap posts!

* And you got a reaction... what are you complaining about?

I
> can't understand why you can't see this! You seem to defend these
> morons and then SLATE ME for doing something that should have been
> done a long time ago!

* I am not defending ANYONE who posts biased crap topics. I don't mind you being pro Xbox and anti-Nintendo, I don't mind what anyones leanings are, I usually don't mind a topic with a some bias for or against any console, but what I dislike is posts which are so completely biased it's just not funny. Sorry if you have had topics like this posted against you, posting equally biased topics IS NOT THE WAY TO DEAL WITH IT! And I did not start this, as I have said before, go find ONE topic where I have mindlessly slated the Xbox, because I never have! And why should it have been done a long time ago? You say you hate people posting biased crap against the Xbox, I hate people posting biased crap against the GameCube, so why post biased crap at all...?

Why are you still cross-sectioning my text with
> pathetic arguments when it was all started from your forum with your
> people, the forum in which I stay well away from! GET IT INTO YOUR
> HEAD, YOU STARTED IT AND I AM ADDRESSING HOW SICK WE ALL ARE OF IT!

*Again I didn't start it, go find one instance where I have minlessly and biasedly posted against the Xbox. And tell me who in the Ninty forum started all this, and maybe next time I see them I'll tell them to stop being such morons.
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:55
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> You finish your topic with the text "JUST BRING IT NINTIES!"
> and then wonder why Ninties reply to your topic who have taken offense
> at this biased topic...
>
> You blatently started this topic to get a reaction, I don't see how
> you can complain. You got what you asked for.

I can't believe you still can not see the obvious! I wanted a reaction becuase I am sick of ninty muppets running in with cheap posts! I can't understand why you can't see this! You seem to defend these morons and then SLATE ME for doing something that should have been done a long time ago! Why are you still cross-sectioning my text with pathetic arguments when it was all started from your forum with your people, the forum in which I stay well away from! GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD, YOU STARTED IT AND I AM ADDRESSING HOW SICK WE ALL ARE OF IT!
Sun 26/05/02 at 12:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
You finish your topic with the text "JUST BRING IT NINTIES!" and then wonder why Ninties reply to your topic who have taken offense at this biased topic...

You blatently started this topic to get a reaction, I don't see how you can complain. You got what you asked for.
Sun 26/05/02 at 10:27
Regular
Nomad_Soul wrote:
> Passionate post garbe, but I think you've let the Ninties and other
> biased XBOX dissers rattle your cage a bit too much. But then again,
> there's nothing really wrong with a verbal tussle is there....

I know what you mean but I just feel pushed and annoyed at what they do in here and I feel that it is about time they stopped. Actually 'THE ROCK' text was more of a joke than anything else as I agree at 15 years old I still think 'THE ROCK' is ace which is a bit sad. When 'THE ROCK' helped to promote the X-BOX I thought it was great! LOL, silly me.
Sun 26/05/02 at 10:15
Regular
Passionate post garbe, but I think you've let the Ninties and other biased XBOX dissers rattle your cage a bit too much. But then again, there's nothing really wrong with a verbal tussle is there....
Sun 26/05/02 at 08:18
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
'Go Sibsy, Go Sibsy'
Sun 26/05/02 at 02:32
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
garbe123 wrote:
> I agree 100%, they should just leave us alone as we enjoy what we want
> to do without them. Anyways I am off to watch Crimson Tide on ITV1 its
> a great film, nice talkin to you Savatt.

Okay, as Savatt has said that you are usually a good poster I would say that if someone else started this by making a stupid, biased topic about the Xbox being crap then sorry that they did that. I know how annoying it can be for people to just mindlessly insult a console, but the way to stop it isn't to react like this by posting a huge topic insulting a rival console! It was probably a topic like this (albeit the other way around) that got you so mad in the first place. You may say oh it is in the Xbox forum so it's okay, what forum it's in is irrelevant! Everytime I get annoyed I don't run off and make a huge post about how superior my console is and if you think otherwise you're a moron! Whatever forum it's in, you will get people defending the console you so mindlessly slated. If someone makes a blatently biased and stupid post in the Ninty forum saying how great the GC is I won't congratulate them, I'll usually remain mute unless I'm in a bad mood in which case I'll usually poke some fun at the individual as I have done tonight (or this morning aactually...) with you. So sorry if someone else stated it, but it is certainly no excuse for the stupid way in which you have reacted...
Sun 26/05/02 at 02:04
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
garbe123 wrote:
Anyone can bring out old games, Microsoft could just
> release:
>
> Shenmue 1
> Jet Grind Radio
> Virtua Tennis 1
> Virtua Tennis 2

* Don't think they could, seeing as they didn't make those games...

> But instead they have had the brains to bring out the latest addition
> like:
>
> Jet Set Radio Future
> Shenmue 2

* THEY ... They being Microsoft, I assume, didn't bring you those games, the developers of them did...

> Microsoft are giving gamers what they want, no-one wants old rehashes
> of ex PLAYSTAION ONE games!

* The GameCube is getting ONE series of games that was out on PSX, remade to the creators original vision, which he couldn't achieve on the PSX due to the hardware and he chose GameCube over all the other consoles to 're-hash' his series on. Are you just bitter that this guy who is one of the best game creators around at the moment decided to develop his series on GameCube over Xbox...?

LOL, face it the GameCube is a console
> that is not going to survive and it should have been called an N64.2!

*Yeah, good logic, because the N64 didn't survive did it...? I think you'll find it was home to some of the best games ever, Edge, a well respected multi-format mag called a lot of N64 EXCLUSIVE games some of the best games ever, including Zelda: OOT, Mario 64 and Perfect Dark. And what would be the logic behind N64 2...? The N64 was so-called because it was 64 bits, we are no longer in the 64/32 bit era, so why call something the N64 2...? Oh, and how long did that 'joke' take you to think up...?

> All these games that you list as great games:
>
> Die Hard Vendetta
> Mario
> Metroid
> Star Fox
>
> They are all old (bar Die Hard)

* How mis-informed are you...? Metroid is an old series, it won't be an old game... same for Mario, and Starfox... old? All previous StarFox games have been space shooters, this one is an adventure game, so they are hardly 're-hashing' the same old thing. Similarly you can't accuse Mario of being a re-hash, you may have your own opinions, but I think you'll be hard pressed to find a bad review in ANY magazine or internet site about Mario's last platform game (Mario 64) which was called by many (including Multi-format mags) the best game ever. This one looks totally different to Mario 64, hardly a re-hash considering Mario now has a backpack for squirting water, and a whole new element has been added, and we don't even yet know what new abilities and gameplay twists may stem from this backpack.

> Look at the impact games like:
>
> Halo
> RalliSport Challenge
> Project Gotham Racing
> Max Payne
> Dead Or Alive III
> Jet Set Radio Future
> WWF: Raw Is War
> Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

* You site the GC for re-hashes...??? Max Payne!?! It was out YONKS ago on the PC, and now you're yelling like it is someting groundbreaking months down the line. Geez, you're such a hypocrite. And WWF? HAH! Yeah, bet that made a big impact, another re-hash of a genre that has been going since the days of the NES... Oh, and Halo, the one Xbox game that DOES really appeal to me will be out on PC before too long anyhow.

> And with the likes of:
>
> Air Force Delta Storm
> Black And White
> Bruce Lee: Quest For the Dragon
> Buffy the Vampire Slayer
> Commandos 2
> Conflict Desert Storm
> Dead To Rights
> Die Hard
> Dino Crisis 3
> Good Cop Bad Cop
> Gun Valkyrie
> Halo 2
> Hitman 2
> House of the Dead 3
> Hunter: The Reckoning
> The Matrix: Reloaded (gonna be the best game ever)
> Max Payne 2
> Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault
> Metal Gear Solid Substance
> Midtown Madness 3
> Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
> Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
> Pac Man World 2
> Prisoner Of War
> Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
> Return to Castle Wolfinstien
> Serious Sam
> Shenmue II
> Shenmue III
> Soul Calibur 2
> State Of Emergency
> Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter Special Edition
> SWAT: Global Strike Team
> Terminator Dawn of Fate
> Timesplitters 2
> Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
> Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
> Unreal Championship
> X-MEN Wolverines Revenge
>
> Hitting our shops this year and early next year, TAKE COVER NINTIES!

* Wow, nice considering most of the ones I fancy buying (correction, most of them full stop) will either be out on PC or another console... And some of them (Black and White, Commandos 2, Wolfenstien, and some others I'm sure) have been out on PC for AGES!

> The GameCube has not had this impact, maybe Star Wars: Rouge Squadron
> has had a small effect but nothing like Halo and the other games
> listed above and THEY WERE ALL LANCH TITLES! With over 200 amazing
> games promised before Christmas on top of the having the worlds most
> powerful graphical and sound engine that all you Ninties could only
> dream of and we have the Worlds MOST POWERFUL games console and with
> the games to back it up! THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN ARGUE WITH, NOTHING!
> How can you complain about all the games out and coming out when they
> are truly mouth watering.

* Out of the 200 I'm willing to bet under a quarter of them achieve over 85% in an unbiased mag. Earlier you said Ninties simply spout crap about having tons of great games, you've done the same, just listed a load of names.

> This is a desperate plee to just SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND KNOW YOUR ROLES!
> Because in here we are sick of all you GameCube owners trying to
> convince yourselves that you have made the right descion!

* I haven't bought any (next gen) console yet.

If you think
> you have then I AM PLEASED FOR YOU, YES THAT IS RIGHT I AM PLEASED FOR
> YOU, IN FACT I AM OVER THE MOON! But just stop coming into the X-Box
> forum with naff arguments and sales figures beacuase they are all
> wrong! The X-Box is picking up sales in Europe and Japan, in America
> it is alreday doing amazingly well and in Austraillia they had to
> increase shipping by 41% just to please consumers with the Worlds Most
> powerul games console!

*Who's quoting sales figures now...? STOP BEING SO HYPOCRITICAL!!! Why do you criticise everyone else when you're doing the same, how come when a source says the Xbox is selling well it MUST be true and is anyone has a source to contradict that you assume it's a lie...? Did Microsoft brainwash you or something...?

> Whatever you come back with I am not interested, I have held off with
> pure power facts because all you Ninties deny them BEACUASE YOU ARE
> JELOUS but if you want em I will give them to you. As IGN quote
> themselves ' WITH OVER 70 GAMES OUT AND 200 PROMISED BY CHRISMAS MORE
> AND MORE GREAT X-BOX GAMES ARE BEING CONCIEVED EACH DAY'!

* How lovely. I suppose you just do whatever IGN say and don't think for yourself then right...? Oh, and also, where in that IGN qoute did it say Xbox was better than GameCube, as you have insisted throughout this hole damn post...?

> As 'THE ROCK' himself would say 'THE X-BOX IS THE BEST THING ON THIS
> SIDE OF THE PILLOW SO ALL YOU NINTIES GO LAY THE SMACKDOWN SOMEWHERE
> ELSE AND KNOW YOUR ROLES JABRONIS'! ALL YOU X-BOX FANS JOIN WITH ME AS
> WE PREACH IT'S POWER AND CAPABILITIES ACROSS THESE FORUMS AND GET
> FAITH IN ALL US PROUD OWNERS! SONG IT OUTLOUD! 'IF YOU
> SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... WHAT GARBE123 AND BILL GATES AND THE X-BOX
> AND ALL YOU X-BOX FANS ON HERE AND OUT THERE... ARE... COOKING! JUST
> BRING IT NINTIES!

* Wow, the lowest form of communication, resorting to lame wrestling quotes. Who's childish now...? Who's the one who thinks his console is the best because the tough guy who gets paid to have fake fights with other guys says so...? You do realise that wrestling is staged and fake don't you...? Sounds a bit like your whole argument against the GameCube to me...
Sun 26/05/02 at 01:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah but it has to be said, garbe isn't usually a bad poster and I think a lot slipped out due to him getting wound up. I think from now on we should all work something out where this is stopped cause its gonna get stupid.

I mean I'm not saying that no Ninties should be allowed in here and vice versa with the Nintendo forum. What I'm saying is this fanboy talk should stay in its respective forums. If we want to compare machines then fair enough, but only with thought opinions rather than stupid stuff. I'm sure I don't need to explain what comments are stupid and what aren't, we all know fanboy talk from backed up points.

I mean I go into the Nintendo forum, but I post about the GC when I'm in there (which isn't very often - you'll normally find me on the Rogue Leader thread). Sometimes I'll make comparisons between GC and X-Box in areas like the controllers, but its an unbiased view and not written in a way to try and bait one side into a stupid arguement.

If someone ventures into another forum knowing they are wound up easily, then its a matter of simply avoiding the fanboy threads, afterall, its normally quite easy to pick them out by the titles.

I'm saying this so everyone can talk about the console they enjoy playing on without having to read post after post of trash everyday. Not only do people get wound up, but it can lead to stupid fighting and a hell of a lot of spam.

So basically, keep fanboy talk in your own forums and if we pay a visit to other console forums, then say what you want to say, but avoid the fanboy topics if you know you don't like what is said inside them.

That way I think we can all enjoy posting on some of these forums without the stupid arguements that start up. If anyone wants to do console vs console comparisons, lets just keep things a bit peaceful and thought out rather than just playground name calling and stupid comments that really don't affect a consoles performance.

Remember, we are all on these forums cause we love playing games, its not a war people. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.