GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA IV"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto IV'.
Thu 06/03/08 at 18:21
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
Whos getting it??
Fri 25/04/08 at 20:55
Regular
Thanks guys :) by the way do our 360s get RROD? I remember before blu-ray won the format war. It was all "360 is the best, PS3 is an utter waste". Yet I kept reading about this RROD and how people had to send their Xboxs away to be fixed :S WTH? Why are they bashing a console that works and supporting a console that's broken.

There's even lots of "I'm definitely getting GTA4 for the 360, I'm just hoping Microsoft return it to me in time as I had the RROD". :S

You'd think Microsoft rushing out a broken console would ruin their reputation but it seems people are quite happy to send away their 360s for constant repairs.

Sorry I'm ranting...

Oh I did read an article somewhere by the GTA creator. He didnt want to get involved with the whole "which console is better" but he did mention that they were worried about the storage capacity? Does he mean the HDD or that the 360 is still using DVDs?

It's probably just me but I feel like the 360 is holding back the PS3. I wonder how different GTA4 would be if it was PS3 exclusive.
Fri 25/04/08 at 18:04
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I nearly bought a 360 just to play Mass Effect, glad I didnt in the end. One game is never enough to justify it no matter how tempting I think.

Anyway, as far as play.com is concerned I think I read that they've already sold their GTA IV allocation (might be thinking of another retailer though) so maybe better looking for somewhere else to buy if you want it asap.
Fri 25/04/08 at 17:17
"possibly impossible"
Ok, Machie. Don't spend £200 on a 360....

...spend £319.99 on a GTA branded PS3 and game. hehehe.

Assuming they've actually managed to truly iron out the problems with the 360, I'd buy one. (well, I already have one, but you know what I mean...)
Fri 25/04/08 at 15:54
Regular
Someone talk me out of spending £200 at Play.com and getting a 360 and GTA4. This is too tempting, I want to play the game but I need to save the money for my site.

Jason how about I crash at your place for a week, while you're at work I'll play and when you're home we can share it 50/50 okay? :)
Fri 25/04/08 at 15:42
"possibly impossible"
Sounds good.

I'm still of the opinion that the extra content for the 360 won't be much to talk about unless it turns out to be completely new areas.

The PS3 will get extra content at some point too (without costing Sony $50m) though no details yet, but it has been confirmed by Rockstar.

Now if only the PSN cards had come out over here before GTA, they might have done a similar offer to the MS points.
Fri 25/04/08 at 14:00
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Played a promo copy of it last night and it is FANTASTIC!

Can't wait to play it Tuesday morning. The level of detail is excellent, new ideas aplenty, realism, crime just everything down to the way the lead character jumps like a girl and the slow motion black and white death frames.

That's all I am saying as I don't want to ruin the many surprises the game will throw up. Lets say there is enough to keep you occupied for months BEFORE actually playing any of the missions (we all had a life each and decided to just cause mayhem)
Sun 06/04/08 at 20:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
360 version should also net you 500 free microsoft points (some sort of pre-order promotion).

Just saw my ex-deputy manager and said he's keep a few 500 microsoft points back for me in exchange for my service on helping on launch night :)

Bit disappointed at hearing Splinter Cell conviction ahs been put back until October to ome out simultaneously with the PS3 version :S
Sun 06/04/08 at 15:17
"possibly impossible"
Pre-ordered on PS3 in GAME.

Could just as well have gone for the 360 version. May actually pre-order both and choose on the day!
Sun 06/04/08 at 11:57
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
Chaos wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> :O I've just had an email from Tesco...triple points on GTA IV
> pre-orders!
>
> That means I can save £1.80 on GTA IV's special
> edition!!!!
>
> Erm...why does that not sound so great...?
>
> Because the special edition in itself is pretty much a waste of
> money :)

LOL
Wed 02/04/08 at 12:32
Regular
"Mooching around"
Edgy wrote:
> :O I've just had an email from Tesco...triple points on GTA IV
> pre-orders!
>
> That means I can save £1.80 on GTA IV's special
> edition!!!!
>
> Erm...why does that not sound so great...?

Because the special edition in itself is pretty much a waste of money :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.