GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA IV"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto IV'.
Thu 06/03/08 at 18:21
Regular
"eeast weeeeeeeeeezy"
Whos getting it??
Mon 28/04/08 at 16:55
is gta1V better than san andreas
Mon 28/04/08 at 15:52
Regular
"Mooching around"
When did you play GTA hippy?
Mon 28/04/08 at 14:17
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Alfonse the Turtle wrote:
> I heard they took planes out.

yeah, I think they have. I was driving around the airport for ages and ddn't find any to board. This time the jets taking off and landing are actually registered on collision detection (on the prvious ones you could drive through what looked like a solid plane). The effects are better though - worth looking at.

I think the newer model of 360 came out a few months after the Elite console. All my time I was working for game I knew of one problem with an Elite (that's it!) and it being mine :/

thing is, MS didn't tell anybody that they've replaced the Red Ring Of Death with a Red Light of Doom -> Eeek
Sun 27/04/08 at 18:02
"possibly impossible"
ok:

Multiplayer multi-vehicle exploding rocket launching cops and robbers. Fantastic graphics, realistic AI, great radio stations, more coptors, HD GTA, live comedy shows, more vehicles...
Sun 27/04/08 at 17:09
Regular
Can someone sum up to me in about twenty words why I should be excited about this game?

I heard they took planes out.
Sun 27/04/08 at 17:03
"possibly impossible"
All new 360's *should* be ok, but you won't really know until about 6 months down the line.

My friend's second 360 (the new one he got from MS after the first one RROD) went wrong 2 weeks ago and he was told he'd have to stump up £60 as it wasn't covered by a new warranty and didn't have the RROD. Fortunately, it now has a RROD and can be replaced for free, even though the symptoms were exactly the same.

What's the betting that they'll replace with another older model though and after another 6-9 months that one will RROD too?! I really think they should just replace broken ones with brand new models, but it would cost them too much.

Back to GTA and, yes, does look very similar on both machines, with just the question of who gets what downloadable content. The 360 will also have Achievements while the PS3 will have trophies (for Home, which is getting a Beta release later in the year).
Sat 26/04/08 at 23:31
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Geffdof wrote:
> The 360 using DVD's is irrelevant. If you have a big game you can
> just use multiple discs.

Yes? I doubt 360 owners would be having much fun if the game said "Please insert game disk X" everytime they crossed the brooklyn bridge in GTA IV. Multiple discs is only going to work if the game is linear eg Lost Odyssey or Microsoft drop the mandatory "game must work without hdd installation".
Sat 26/04/08 at 22:41
Regular
"lets go back"
The 360 using DVD's is irrelevant. If you have a big game you can just use multiple discs.
Sat 26/04/08 at 13:29
Regular
"For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud. "

This was taken from IGN review.
Fri 25/04/08 at 22:03
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
For a DVD game - it is fantastic.

RROD has now become a very rare occurence since they released the Pro system (although, many still refer to the console as the Premium - although now with better CPU and HDMI ports.

I'm supporting the 360, although not actually had the chance to compare.

I'd love to share the console 50/50 Machie, but I don't start work for a month!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.