GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*sneaks in* E3 Anyone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 17:57
Regular
I notice a lack of topics about the E3 Gaming Expo...strange, considering it's the biggest gaming event of the whole year, and unless I am very much mistaken we are in a gaming forum.

*checks he's not in the Life Forum*

Anyway, I have been enjoying Special Reserve's excellent coverage (beats Game Network anyday) of the E3, and am very excited (and baffled) at many of the games and screenshots.

I admit that I laughed out loud when I saw those Zelda screenshots. It looked like Miyamoto couldn't be bothered with the 3D Technology anymore, so he got out his box of crayons. :D

Deus Ex 2 looked...well, there's not much to say really. It certainly looked nice, but we didn't have much to judge by. Still, this could be a good thing, and means we won't get all hyped up for it.

Doom 3. WOW. This game does look fantastic, and I just hope they keep the gameplay as basic as the previous versions. That may sound stupid, but it's the gameplay that made Doom and Doom 2...well, Doom! I can't wait for this one...but first I need a new PC.

MGS Substance. I may have to break my promise and not buy every MGS game ever, because this looks more like an add-on. If it's cheaper, then yes, I might get it, but considering it's MGS2 and hundreds of VR Missions, me thinks it will be the usual price. Still, the VR Missions may be enough to tempt me, as I thought MGS: Special Missions on the PSX was pretty damn good.

Interesting news as well, GTA: Vice City is a PS2 exclusive (yay!), and today we hear that Max Payne 2 is being developed. Excellent.

So peoples, shall we pull ourselves away from a certain event going on in the forums, and talk about the E3 for a bit?

No? Ah well.
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:15
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mech Assault looks damn good for the X-Box too. :-)
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:09
Regular
I heard Star Wars : attack of the clones is being turned into a game for the PS2, XBOX and Gamecube
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:53
Regular
"accidental superher"
Ant wrote:
> Anyone noticing the lack of X-Box presence? Maybe their best is still
> to come.

lack of xbox presence?? I THINK NOT!

let's have a look at the good games shall we (admittedly some of these are multiplatform but if you don't have a good pc or a ps2 or gc then it's pretty enticing):

XBOX LIVE is going to immense with: UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP, MIDTOWN MADNESS 3, GHOST RECON, PHANTASY STAR ONLINE, RAINBOW SIX: RAVEN SHIELD, COUNTERSTRIKE, STAR WARS: GALAXIES and also online versions of halo, pgr, amped and rallisport challenge will be available

now for other games:

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Blinx -from the guy who made NiGHTS!!!
Splinter Cell (Multiplatform)
Ninja Gaiden
Jedi Knight II: Outcast (out on pc already, and going to be on gc)
Shenmue II
Toe Jam and Earl III (ONLINE)
Project Ego
Sega Soccer Slam (also going onto gc)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (pc and ps2...but comes out on xbox first)
Doom III (pc as well)
Deus Ex 2 (pc and ps2??)
Colin Mcrae 3 (multip)
announcement of Max Payne 2 (multip)
BC
announcement of Halo 2!
Steel Battalion (formerly known as Tekki)

well i'm impressed...maybe they're not your sort of games...
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:39
Regular
I know...hence my statement below.
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:31
"Uzi Lover"
er-no wrote:
Metroid looks brilliant.. visually a
> potential Halo beater.

It looks nice though I dont think it will be a Halo beater. Halo looks and plays perfect.
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:29
Regular
Mayeb their best has already come...

Oooh, controversial!
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
Anyone noticing the lack of X-Box presence? Maybe their best is still to come.
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:22
Regular
The reason no-one's writing about it is that we're all downloading the videos...

Just downloaded Zelda. I really enjoyed it after I picked my jaw up of the floor - was absolutely gobsmacked. Looks like Nintenod are stealing the show, eh?
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:18
Regular
"everyone says it"
Zelda looks excellent to me. Metroid looks brilliant.. visually a potential Halo beater.

Nice.
Thu 23/05/02 at 18:11
"Uzi Lover"
E3 is a lovely little event :-)

I found this webpage yesterday where you can view webcams placed at the actual event and just watch everyone walk about.

Urmmm thanks?!?

If that does anything it just makes you want to be there.

Nice to hear GTA 4 is a PS2 exclusive, in a way. Means I'll be keeping my PS2 for that game and whatever else pops up along the way. I wonder what will be the surprise hit of this year...GTA 3 was one BIG surprise.

Laughing at Zelda? We all have our views I suppose, but to me it looks great. My friend who was round today found a video of it on my PC and he usually hates games with those kind of graphics. Then he realised it weren't cartoony like it was Cel-Shaded. His comment on the graphics was - "Hold on, that's kinda like that Jet Set Radio cool graphics thing". He wouldn't like that game though.

Metoriod on the Gamecube AND the GBA is something I'm looking forward to, as is Mario Sunshine.

E3 = wicked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.