GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*sneaks in* E3 Anyone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 17:57
Regular
I notice a lack of topics about the E3 Gaming Expo...strange, considering it's the biggest gaming event of the whole year, and unless I am very much mistaken we are in a gaming forum.

*checks he's not in the Life Forum*

Anyway, I have been enjoying Special Reserve's excellent coverage (beats Game Network anyday) of the E3, and am very excited (and baffled) at many of the games and screenshots.

I admit that I laughed out loud when I saw those Zelda screenshots. It looked like Miyamoto couldn't be bothered with the 3D Technology anymore, so he got out his box of crayons. :D

Deus Ex 2 looked...well, there's not much to say really. It certainly looked nice, but we didn't have much to judge by. Still, this could be a good thing, and means we won't get all hyped up for it.

Doom 3. WOW. This game does look fantastic, and I just hope they keep the gameplay as basic as the previous versions. That may sound stupid, but it's the gameplay that made Doom and Doom 2...well, Doom! I can't wait for this one...but first I need a new PC.

MGS Substance. I may have to break my promise and not buy every MGS game ever, because this looks more like an add-on. If it's cheaper, then yes, I might get it, but considering it's MGS2 and hundreds of VR Missions, me thinks it will be the usual price. Still, the VR Missions may be enough to tempt me, as I thought MGS: Special Missions on the PSX was pretty damn good.

Interesting news as well, GTA: Vice City is a PS2 exclusive (yay!), and today we hear that Max Payne 2 is being developed. Excellent.

So peoples, shall we pull ourselves away from a certain event going on in the forums, and talk about the E3 for a bit?

No? Ah well.
Fri 24/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
I'm sorry to be so blunt Darkness, but you're talking a load of crap. :D

Those ZOE: II screenshots may look a little more 'cartoonie' than games like MGS2, but you cannot possibly compare them to those Zelda pics, surely.

Pillock. {:)
Fri 24/05/02 at 20:36
Yes Darkness, I feel inclined to agree with thee. Both of the exhibits you have shown us look very similar.

Perhaps the fact that one of the exhibits is available on the PS2 and the other on the Gamecube has swayed Ant towards a sense of narrow mindedness and forced him to take biased action towards the PS2.

I feel a certain sense of hippocracy arising from this post.

Funny how each negative feeling I sense is from one of Ant's posts abusing the Gamecube?
Fri 24/05/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Hipocrit anyone?

In gathering evidence to incriminate Ant, I found that he is a biased hipocrit. In a seemingly normal MSN conversation, I asked him what he thought of the new Zone of the Enders game. He said, and I quote 'yeah, it look great'

Exhibit A:
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1820
Screenshots of ZOE:2 on PS2

Exhibit B:
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1800
Screenshots of Zelda on the GameCube

In my own highly valued opinion, the two sources look very similar. This lead me to believe that Ant is very narrow-minded, very biased toward PS2, and very hipocritical.

Tut tut Ant, what shall we do with thee?
Fri 24/05/02 at 20:23
I feel a certain sense of deja vu arising from this post by Ant. It seems to me that Ant has not had the tenacity or creativeness to think up a unique and true comeback. It seems to me as though he has just taken my views and switched them around a little to use them as an argument to back himself up.

Is anyone else experiencing this weird sense of deja vu?
Thu 23/05/02 at 22:30
Regular
"I like cheese"
Actually Hunky Funky Monkey, and Darkness, I think it's ironic that you actually have same sort of disease, but with a few names switched around.

I would beg to differ with your views, and I very much side with Guyzer. The Zelda screenshots do look like cardboard cutouts. And yes, they could also be mistaken for Mr Miyamoto's colouring in with the new box of colouring pencils he purchased from a certain store yesterday.

I'm no General Practitioner like you Mr Hunky (erm), but I am a Specific Practitioner. And I have deduced that both you and Darkness suffer from a disease which is very similar to the one you described.

Although Mr Darkness loves to describe MGS and MGS2 with words such as "crap." Yes, he does like to use the words "inbred monkey cretin" to describe the developers of the game, and the people who bought it. However, these are common symptoms. Mr Darkness is vying for his copy of MGS2. Inside the deep, hellish, hollow hole that it is his mind, he is vying, nay, BEGGING, for his own Metal Gear Solid 2. But due to his earlier opinions, before the game was released, he cannot do this as it would ruin his reasonably untarnished reputation.

Mr...Monkey, although suffering to a lower extent, is also a victim. While occasionally he will admit to MGS2 being a good game, and that the PS2 is a quite lovely console (he does own one, after all), Nintendo do seem to have carved a place into his heart. Or in better terms, stabbed a hole in his heart. He knows that the Zelda screenshots are reminiscent to a compilation of pre-school children's drawings, but this 'hole' prevents him from admitting it.

It is a sad story. It is sad that such ignorance has been created in this World of ours. But until Mr Miyamoto regains his senses, and probably his technology, we will not see an end to this horror he has begun.
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:09
Regular
"not dead"
To be honest I'm only now trying to catch up with what went on, having been on a damn course for the last few days.
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:29
Zelda looks great

*cough,cough*

They have really got the right images of cardboard cut outs, quite astonishing really.
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:13
Being a General Practitioner dealing with such conditions as these, I can only say that Ant, you have the blatant symptons of the common disease know known to us professionals as the 'I know I'm wrong but I can't admit it disease'.

This disease attacks such people as you Ant who just do not have the will power in them to admit the Gamecube is wicked.

Darkness is quite right in pointing out that somewhere deep down in you unstable subconsciousness, you know that Zelda looks like a unique, top class game to come, but to make yourself seem 'cool' to other PS2 lovers, you try to cover your true feelings up with false pre-tences.

Don't worry Ant, I know how you feel, I have had to deal with many cases such as this one, the best remedy usually being a knuckle-sandwich I like to call it which usually knocks sense in to people like you Ant!

Feel the force Ant, the force of your conscience.
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Narrow minded fool, you are. A feeling of deep longing inside you, I sense. A chasm in your soul. Could the gamecube, its lack of in your life be a source?

Its a common condition Ant. If there is something we really want, but we dont/cant get it, then we often move to a narrow minded foolishness, lying to ourselves that this thing isn't that great after all.

We all know you really badly want Zelda, set to be the best RPG ever in your collection. Unfortunately, if you venture out to buy a good console to replace your PS2, the Sony deathsquad, who have brainwashed you, and threatened the death of your loved one sif you do so, had preventing you from fullfilling your lust, so you have descended into a spiral of self-pity, convincing yourslef that Zelda looks crap, though subconciously, you are scarred for life that you cannot own it.
Thu 23/05/02 at 19:27
Regular
"everyone says it"
Secret of Mana...

I await :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.