GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*sneaks in* E3 Anyone?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 17:57
Regular
I notice a lack of topics about the E3 Gaming Expo...strange, considering it's the biggest gaming event of the whole year, and unless I am very much mistaken we are in a gaming forum.

*checks he's not in the Life Forum*

Anyway, I have been enjoying Special Reserve's excellent coverage (beats Game Network anyday) of the E3, and am very excited (and baffled) at many of the games and screenshots.

I admit that I laughed out loud when I saw those Zelda screenshots. It looked like Miyamoto couldn't be bothered with the 3D Technology anymore, so he got out his box of crayons. :D

Deus Ex 2 looked...well, there's not much to say really. It certainly looked nice, but we didn't have much to judge by. Still, this could be a good thing, and means we won't get all hyped up for it.

Doom 3. WOW. This game does look fantastic, and I just hope they keep the gameplay as basic as the previous versions. That may sound stupid, but it's the gameplay that made Doom and Doom 2...well, Doom! I can't wait for this one...but first I need a new PC.

MGS Substance. I may have to break my promise and not buy every MGS game ever, because this looks more like an add-on. If it's cheaper, then yes, I might get it, but considering it's MGS2 and hundreds of VR Missions, me thinks it will be the usual price. Still, the VR Missions may be enough to tempt me, as I thought MGS: Special Missions on the PSX was pretty damn good.

Interesting news as well, GTA: Vice City is a PS2 exclusive (yay!), and today we hear that Max Payne 2 is being developed. Excellent.

So peoples, shall we pull ourselves away from a certain event going on in the forums, and talk about the E3 for a bit?

No? Ah well.
Sun 26/05/02 at 15:33
Regular
"I like cheese"
Figo wrote:
> WWE Smackdown: Shut your mouth seems to be coming on great.
>
> New matches like Tag Team elimination. New Story Mode complete
> makeover for it. RVD and the nWo are added but Scott Hall by the looks
> of things is being taken out of the game.

Yep, but if Scotty 2 Hotty's not on it I shall fill THQ's customer service inbox with much incessant rambling...
Sun 26/05/02 at 11:47
Regular
WWE Smackdown: Shut your mouth seems to be coming on great.

New matches like Tag Team elimination. New Story Mode complete makeover for it. RVD and the nWo are added but Scott Hall by the looks of things is being taken out of the game.
Sun 26/05/02 at 09:56
Regular
"¬_¬"
Zelda looks fan-diddly-tastic. IGN have LOADS of movies to download.

Mmmm download.
Sun 26/05/02 at 09:54
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Bah, I like the Zelda and ZOE:2 screens, both look nice, shows that developers aren't afraid to change their style a bit. I look forward to playing both.
Fri 24/05/02 at 23:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Metroid looks perfect - youc an't judge it till you've played it however. Zelda, when its moving..........ohhhhhhhhhh girl! (I was going to say boy, but then I changed it to 'girl' as I ma heterosexual and I thought it would sound a little weird!)
Fri 24/05/02 at 23:35
Regular
I quite like some of the screens of the new game, mario screens ar ecool, wario screens are cool, metroid is jaw dropping good, beats everything sony had anyday.
Fri 24/05/02 at 22:39
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Mario Party 4 just looks like any old N64 version of Mario Party.

Should be fun though.
Fri 24/05/02 at 22:34
Regular
Cel Shaded Zelda is old news. Way back from August last year...

Besides, the screenshots look pathetic, but when you see it in action, fully animated, it looks amazing!
Fri 24/05/02 at 21:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
::comes in and ducks under the handbags that are being swung::

My mate should be getting a dvd of the show soon so I'll be looking forward to seeing that. Looks like some great games appeared. :-)
Now its that time we all hate - the painful wait for the quality games to come out. Especially the ones that aren't due out till next year. ;-))
Fri 24/05/02 at 21:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
And actually Darkness, that was not a quote, as I said they looked nice. This shows that you are an utter ignoramus, and your shallow views and insolent opinions are besmirching me

You are officially ignorance personified.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.