GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC GAMING - Longest thread"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 12:04
Regular
Yep that's right, there's been scores of these starting up, but all have failed. Let's make this thread a place for PC gamers to chat. Post anything you like in here, comments, reviews, but no spam please.

OK, lets keep this going gamers. For beige box and country!!
Or something like that. :)
Page:
Wed 29/05/02 at 18:42
n
Thu 30/05/02 at 08:45
Insane Bartender wrote:
> fileplanet often get demos quite promptly. but don't download it from
> there if you find it.

Good advice. FilePlanet sucks. I once wanted to download a Serious Sam patch and I had to wait something ridiculous like 45 minutes, when there's probably less-well known sites out there that I could get it off directly straight away. FilePlanet sucks - let's all boycott!

Down with FilePlanet! I'll go get the biodegradable plastic signs! ;D
Thu 30/05/02 at 10:14
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Lawless Fever wrote:

> Good advice. FilePlanet sucks.

It's not bad if you try at off-peak times. You only usually have to wait when there are billions of people in there during peak hours.
Thu 30/05/02 at 10:51
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Heh, despite this being the 'longest thread' the two other most recent topics are both currently longer. How ironic! :)
Thu 30/05/02 at 10:56
"Darkness, always"
I never use fileplanet to download, only ever to find out filenames. So don't boycott use of fileplanet, just boycott downloading ANYTHING from that site.

top stuff.
Thu 30/05/02 at 11:02
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Nope, sorry, Fileplanet is a very reasonable place to download from at OFF-PEAK times. I have never had any trouble off-peak. :p
Thu 30/05/02 at 11:05
"Darkness, always"
I've never even tried to download from there, I've heard too much bad press about it.

filemirrors usually gives dozens of hits and lets you easilly choose a decent mirror in the closest possible location.

heh, I have to stop using Kazaa though - i installed Ad-Aware on my PC, which then found over 180 items of spyware on my PC!
Thu 30/05/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I've never even tried to download from there, I've heard too much bad
> press about it.

Never believe the press. Give your opinions of Filelanet only when you have actually tried downloading from it for yourself.
Thu 30/05/02 at 11:08
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Heh, despite this being the 'longest thread' the two other most recent
> topics are both currently longer. How ironic! :)

does hallowhowartthou own a PC? His infamous triple posts would be invaluable in this thread...
Thu 30/05/02 at 11:09
"Darkness, always"
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Never believe the press. Give your opinions of Filelanet only when
> you have actually tried downloading from it for yourself.

My flatmate used to use it, and he used to scream and throw computer components out of the window when it frustrated him. Since my temper can be even worse than his, I really don't want to take the chance of getting pushed that far...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.