GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My F1 insight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 14:53
Regular
For the past two or three years Formula one has captured my heart,
I’m sure it’s captured a lot of other hearts as well.
But during the last season I think that F1 has become an unfair sport for the drivers.
Why?

Because drivers like Michael Schumacher always from the first or second row of the grid and then he ends up getting into the lead and romping of into the distance.
Which is all very well for Michael but it’s not very fair on the other drivers.
So what could we do to make it fairer?

Well we could categorise the cars like they do in the touring cars.
Maybe they could categorise them corresponding to their engine horsepower.
But then that would effectively be making F1 into a lower form of motor sport!

So the next thing that could be done to make the competition fairer is to make a rule that all the drivers must have the same amount of horsepower in their engines.
That way the drivers would have a better chance of keeping up with the other drivers.
They could choose any make of engine but they must all have the same amount of horsepower.

This would certainly make things fairer and there would be a lot more competition.
But it just wouldn’t be the same.
So maybe they could restrict the drivers maximum lead to maybe 17 seconds or something.
But I can’t really see any of those things happening!

So maybe the FIA people are doing the right thing by helping out the smaller teams by bringing in the new one engine rule!
‘cos lets face it without the new rule the smaller teams may never get the chance to catch up with the big boys of F1.
So there lays a small glimmer of hope for the smaller teams.
Infact it may even help some of the bigger teams like Mclaren or Jaguar.
But I can’t help thinking that some of these past few races have been rigged.

There was a lot of controversy over the last race. Barrichello had won that race fair and square.
But the Ferrari Boss only went and pulled team orders just at the last corner.
Therefor letting Schumi win.
Was it just to break his Jinx? at Spain or was it for other reasons.
If it was for other reasons then I can’t think what reasons those reasons could be..
Schumi surely didn’t need the points.
It would have been real nice if the Ferrari Boys let Barrichello have some glory for a change other than letting Michael have it all.

Also I reckon half the races Michael has won.
Why?
Because it’s all very well winning four or five races but winning 8+ races seems a little bit farfetched.
Michael may be the greatest driver of all time but I think he’s starting to turn into a bit of a glory hog.
Of only Mika Hakkenin were here he’d soon show Michael who’s boss.
What Formula one needs is a complete refurbishment of the top drivers.
Maybe the younger generation could be given a chance to show there worthiness.
I very much doubt though if any of this will ever happen.
Especially as Michael Schumacher is trailing yet another championship win.

Something that could be done that would make things fairer without affecting the race itself would be to limit the amount off championships a driver can win in a row.
Maybe they could limit it to two championship wins, that way drivers like Michael would have to back down and let somebody else win the championship for a change.

I think most of the smaller teams would appreciate the chance at the championship.
But yet again I wouldn’t expect to see this happen.
So I guess the one engine rule will have to do for now.

So With the recent palaver at Spain I reckon Formula1 has entered it’s dark ages.
But there is no question about it Formula1 is one of the most popular motor sports in the world, in fact personally I’d say that F1 is the most popular sport in the world next to football.

So I raise a glass to the drivers and teams that make up my favourite sport F1.
*Raises Glass*
Here’s to Formula One!
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:19
"I hate that!!!"
Digby wrote:
> proof enough m8, good luck to you if it turns you on, but as I have
> said it don't float my boat and I can't see me watching much, if at
> all... enjoy your sport!

Beleive me I am.

I'd be enjoying it even more if people would stop saying that Monaco should be scraped.

I stand by my opinion.

Keep Monaco
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:17
proof enough m8, good luck to you if it turns you on, but as I have said it don't float my boat and I can't see me watching much, if at all... enjoy your sport!
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:15
"I hate that!!!"
Digby wrote:
> Doughnut Monster wrote:
>
> Years ago when F-1 started up there was at least two or three street
> circuits now there is only 1.
>
> probably due to safety reasons....??

I daresay.

but...

If they took away Monaco then I would be a very unhappy F-1 fan.
I would of course still watch all the races.

Here's proof I am a born and bred F-1 fan.

Last season I watched every Single race live even if it meant getting up at five in the morning to watch it.

Now is that proof or is that proof?
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:11
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I don't think they should be limiting the speed and power of the cars. F1 is supposed to be the fastest motorsport in the world... you can't just say "We'd better slow it down, it'll be safer then". It shouldn't be about how fast the car can go - it should be about how fast the driver has the guts to go. When the driver, not the car, becomes the limiting factor, then you'll have a real sport again.
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:11
Doughnut Monster wrote:

> Years ago when F-1 started up there was at least two or three street
> circuits now there is only 1.

probably due to safety reasons....??
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:09
"I hate that!!!"
Your Honour wrote:
> I can come up with something better: Get rid of Monaco.
>
> Have a purpose built track, with banked corners, which would help make
> overtaking easier.
>
> Hopefully the refurbished Silverstone should do the trick. Not sure if
> it'll be ready for this season, or even if they've started work on it
> yet.

It's all very well having purpose built tracks but Monaco is just one of those races you can't replace or take of the calendar.

I say keep Monaco.

If Monaco was gone then street circuits would be dead.
Years ago when F-1 started up there was at least two or three street circuits now there is only 1.
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:08
Monaco, Malaysia, Silverstone, wherever - whatever....... still comes down to the team with the most money having the best car and paying the best driver to lead a procession. It says something when the most exciting part of the race is the pitstops as this is the only chance to "overtake" in most cases. Now we have team orders making a complete mockery of the sport and Sky want £12 to watch it!!! Murdoch must think we are all barking!!!!!! Personally I prefer a sport where the best man wins and cheats are dealt with properly. Sorry but F1 is a complete turn off.
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:06
Regular
I can come up with something better: Get rid of Monaco.

Have a purpose built track, with banked corners, which would help make overtaking easier.

Hopefully the refurbished Silverstone should do the trick. Not sure if it'll be ready for this season, or even if they've started work on it yet.
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:02
"I hate that!!!"
Your Honour wrote:
> Dogsnuts, they can't make the track safer. It's in the middle of a
> bloody city! It's hardly like they can add a couple of gravel traps
> in, is it?

Well sorry.
Keep your blood presure down :p

I never meant for them to put gravel traps down.

Maybe they could put up some tyre barriers. but then again that would make the circuit even smaller in width.

If you think you can come up with anything better you let me know!
Tue 28/05/02 at 12:57
Regular
Dogsnuts, they can't make the track safer. It's in the middle of a bloody city! It's hardly like they can add a couple of gravel traps in, is it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.