GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My F1 insight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 14:53
Regular
For the past two or three years Formula one has captured my heart,
I’m sure it’s captured a lot of other hearts as well.
But during the last season I think that F1 has become an unfair sport for the drivers.
Why?

Because drivers like Michael Schumacher always from the first or second row of the grid and then he ends up getting into the lead and romping of into the distance.
Which is all very well for Michael but it’s not very fair on the other drivers.
So what could we do to make it fairer?

Well we could categorise the cars like they do in the touring cars.
Maybe they could categorise them corresponding to their engine horsepower.
But then that would effectively be making F1 into a lower form of motor sport!

So the next thing that could be done to make the competition fairer is to make a rule that all the drivers must have the same amount of horsepower in their engines.
That way the drivers would have a better chance of keeping up with the other drivers.
They could choose any make of engine but they must all have the same amount of horsepower.

This would certainly make things fairer and there would be a lot more competition.
But it just wouldn’t be the same.
So maybe they could restrict the drivers maximum lead to maybe 17 seconds or something.
But I can’t really see any of those things happening!

So maybe the FIA people are doing the right thing by helping out the smaller teams by bringing in the new one engine rule!
‘cos lets face it without the new rule the smaller teams may never get the chance to catch up with the big boys of F1.
So there lays a small glimmer of hope for the smaller teams.
Infact it may even help some of the bigger teams like Mclaren or Jaguar.
But I can’t help thinking that some of these past few races have been rigged.

There was a lot of controversy over the last race. Barrichello had won that race fair and square.
But the Ferrari Boss only went and pulled team orders just at the last corner.
Therefor letting Schumi win.
Was it just to break his Jinx? at Spain or was it for other reasons.
If it was for other reasons then I can’t think what reasons those reasons could be..
Schumi surely didn’t need the points.
It would have been real nice if the Ferrari Boys let Barrichello have some glory for a change other than letting Michael have it all.

Also I reckon half the races Michael has won.
Why?
Because it’s all very well winning four or five races but winning 8+ races seems a little bit farfetched.
Michael may be the greatest driver of all time but I think he’s starting to turn into a bit of a glory hog.
Of only Mika Hakkenin were here he’d soon show Michael who’s boss.
What Formula one needs is a complete refurbishment of the top drivers.
Maybe the younger generation could be given a chance to show there worthiness.
I very much doubt though if any of this will ever happen.
Especially as Michael Schumacher is trailing yet another championship win.

Something that could be done that would make things fairer without affecting the race itself would be to limit the amount off championships a driver can win in a row.
Maybe they could limit it to two championship wins, that way drivers like Michael would have to back down and let somebody else win the championship for a change.

I think most of the smaller teams would appreciate the chance at the championship.
But yet again I wouldn’t expect to see this happen.
So I guess the one engine rule will have to do for now.

So With the recent palaver at Spain I reckon Formula1 has entered it’s dark ages.
But there is no question about it Formula1 is one of the most popular motor sports in the world, in fact personally I’d say that F1 is the most popular sport in the world next to football.

So I raise a glass to the drivers and teams that make up my favourite sport F1.
*Raises Glass*
Here’s to Formula One!
Mon 20/05/02 at 14:53
"I hate that!!!"
For the past two or three years Formula one has captured my heart,
I’m sure it’s captured a lot of other hearts as well.
But during the last season I think that F1 has become an unfair sport for the drivers.
Why?

Because drivers like Michael Schumacher always from the first or second row of the grid and then he ends up getting into the lead and romping of into the distance.
Which is all very well for Michael but it’s not very fair on the other drivers.
So what could we do to make it fairer?

Well we could categorise the cars like they do in the touring cars.
Maybe they could categorise them corresponding to their engine horsepower.
But then that would effectively be making F1 into a lower form of motor sport!

So the next thing that could be done to make the competition fairer is to make a rule that all the drivers must have the same amount of horsepower in their engines.
That way the drivers would have a better chance of keeping up with the other drivers.
They could choose any make of engine but they must all have the same amount of horsepower.

This would certainly make things fairer and there would be a lot more competition.
But it just wouldn’t be the same.
So maybe they could restrict the drivers maximum lead to maybe 17 seconds or something.
But I can’t really see any of those things happening!

So maybe the FIA people are doing the right thing by helping out the smaller teams by bringing in the new one engine rule!
‘cos lets face it without the new rule the smaller teams may never get the chance to catch up with the big boys of F1.
So there lays a small glimmer of hope for the smaller teams.
Infact it may even help some of the bigger teams like Mclaren or Jaguar.
But I can’t help thinking that some of these past few races have been rigged.

There was a lot of controversy over the last race. Barrichello had won that race fair and square.
But the Ferrari Boss only went and pulled team orders just at the last corner.
Therefor letting Schumi win.
Was it just to break his Jinx? at Spain or was it for other reasons.
If it was for other reasons then I can’t think what reasons those reasons could be..
Schumi surely didn’t need the points.
It would have been real nice if the Ferrari Boys let Barrichello have some glory for a change other than letting Michael have it all.

Also I reckon half the races Michael has won.
Why?
Because it’s all very well winning four or five races but winning 8+ races seems a little bit farfetched.
Michael may be the greatest driver of all time but I think he’s starting to turn into a bit of a glory hog.
Of only Mika Hakkenin were here he’d soon show Michael who’s boss.
What Formula one needs is a complete refurbishment of the top drivers.
Maybe the younger generation could be given a chance to show there worthiness.
I very much doubt though if any of this will ever happen.
Especially as Michael Schumacher is trailing yet another championship win.

Something that could be done that would make things fairer without affecting the race itself would be to limit the amount off championships a driver can win in a row.
Maybe they could limit it to two championship wins, that way drivers like Michael would have to back down and let somebody else win the championship for a change.

I think most of the smaller teams would appreciate the chance at the championship.
But yet again I wouldn’t expect to see this happen.
So I guess the one engine rule will have to do for now.

So With the recent palaver at Spain I reckon Formula1 has entered it’s dark ages.
But there is no question about it Formula1 is one of the most popular motor sports in the world, in fact personally I’d say that F1 is the most popular sport in the world next to football.

So I raise a glass to the drivers and teams that make up my favourite sport F1.
*Raises Glass*
Here’s to Formula One!
Mon 20/05/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Doughnut Monster wrote:

> But during the last season I think that F1 has become an unfair sport
> for the drivers.

I suppose it comes down to peoples views on fairness.

> drivers like Michael Schumacher always from the first or
> second row of the grid and then he ends up getting into the lead and
> romping of into the distance.

It's mostly been that way. You get one driver or one team that is better than everyone else.

> Maybe they could categorise them corresponding to their engine
> horsepower.

Nah, horsepower doesn't always mean victory.

> make a rule that all the drivers must have the same amount of
> horsepower in their engines.

Can't do this because the engine manufacturers would not like this. They want to prove that their engines are the best.

> So maybe they could restrict the drivers maximum lead to maybe 17
> seconds or something.

Very difficult to implement.

> So maybe the FIA people are doing the right thing by helping out the
> smaller teams by bringing in the new one engine rule!

This rule has it's plusses and minuses.

> There was a lot of controversy over the last race. Barrichello had won
> that race fair and square.
> But the Ferrari Boss only went and pulled team orders just at the last
> corner.

Recent reports suggest that after the second round of pit stops, Barrichello was told about it. Michael was then told by lap 63 and he didn't object. He said nothing. The problem is, who is telling the truth?

> Also I reckon half the races Michael has won.

I would say Schumacher deserves to win the majority of races he does win.

> Maybe they could limit it to two championship wins, that way drivers
> like Michael would have to back down and let somebody else win the
> championship for a change.

Nope, surely the best drivers have to have the chance to make history, even if it is controversial.

> I think most of the smaller teams would appreciate the chance at the
> championship.

> So With the recent palaver at Spain I reckon Formula1 has entered it’s
> dark ages.

It was actually Austria.

The FIA are not planning to make aerodynamic rule changes before 2004 so it does give the smaller teams a chance to catch up. Ferrari has the biggest budget, therefore has the better car. I think that more people should appreciate a good midfield battle instead of saying 'boring boring' to Ferrari domination. It won't last forever.
Mon 20/05/02 at 15:57
"I hate that!!!"
Hmm but maybe some new "Fair Play" rules could be implemented to make the racing fairer!
Mon 20/05/02 at 16:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Most teams consider both drivers as equal so that isn't an issue. It's just Ferrari. They feel that Schumacher is the one to win the World Championship and will do anything to win it, even if it is at the expense of Barrichello. Unfortunately, I can't see much that the FIA can do about it. It's completely a team decision and that will be Ferrari's arguement.
Mon 20/05/02 at 16:06
"I hate that!!!"
Yes but surely the FIA should have some sort of say In what team orders go on in the races!

I think all the races Michael has won this past few races have been rigged
Mon 20/05/02 at 17:01
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think you're going a bit far by saying most of Michael's recent wins have been rigged.
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:24
"...Unicef pennies.."
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> For the past two or three years Formula one has captured my heart

Wow. If you have become enchanted by F1 based on the way it has been the last few years, i can't begin to imagine what you would have thought of it back 10 or 15 years ago. When there was more than one consistently talented driver racing. Senna, Mansell, Prost, Patrese. Those were the days.

Now Schumacher Senior walks everything (No disrespect to him, the man's a genius).
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:03
"I hate that!!!"
Grandprix wrote:
> I think you're going a bit far by saying most of Michael's recent wins
> have been rigged.

Am I?
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:04
"I hate that!!!"
Rainier Wolfcastle wrote:
> Doughnut Monster wrote:
> For the past two or three years Formula one has captured my heart
>
> Wow. If you have become enchanted by F1 based on the way it has been
> the last few years, i can't begin to imagine what you would have
> thought of it back 10 or 15 years ago. When there was more than one
> consistently talented driver racing. Senna, Mansell, Prost, Patrese.
> Those were the days.
>
> Now Schumacher Senior walks everything (No disrespect to him, the
> man's a genius).

Yes those were certainly the days.

How I wish I was around in those days to witness the fantastic competition.

But alas I was but a Bairn of 1 year old 15 years ago!
Tue 21/05/02 at 13:30
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Doughnut Monster wrote:

> I think you're going a bit far by saying most of Michael's recent
> wins
> have been rigged.
>
> Am I?

Yes. Here's why.

Australia - Schumacher won fair and square. Barrichello and ralf collided. Not rigged.

Brazil - Barrichello had a hydraulics failure and Schumacher won again. Not rigged.

San Marino - Schumacher led from start to finish and Barrichello got stuck behind Ralf for most of the race. Not rigged.

Spain - Schumacher won again. Barrichello's car wouldn't move off the grid. Not rigged.

We've had 6 races. 1 rigged, 4 not and 1 race where Michael finished third and Barrichello's engine blew.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.