GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My F1 insight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 14:53
Regular
For the past two or three years Formula one has captured my heart,
I’m sure it’s captured a lot of other hearts as well.
But during the last season I think that F1 has become an unfair sport for the drivers.
Why?

Because drivers like Michael Schumacher always from the first or second row of the grid and then he ends up getting into the lead and romping of into the distance.
Which is all very well for Michael but it’s not very fair on the other drivers.
So what could we do to make it fairer?

Well we could categorise the cars like they do in the touring cars.
Maybe they could categorise them corresponding to their engine horsepower.
But then that would effectively be making F1 into a lower form of motor sport!

So the next thing that could be done to make the competition fairer is to make a rule that all the drivers must have the same amount of horsepower in their engines.
That way the drivers would have a better chance of keeping up with the other drivers.
They could choose any make of engine but they must all have the same amount of horsepower.

This would certainly make things fairer and there would be a lot more competition.
But it just wouldn’t be the same.
So maybe they could restrict the drivers maximum lead to maybe 17 seconds or something.
But I can’t really see any of those things happening!

So maybe the FIA people are doing the right thing by helping out the smaller teams by bringing in the new one engine rule!
‘cos lets face it without the new rule the smaller teams may never get the chance to catch up with the big boys of F1.
So there lays a small glimmer of hope for the smaller teams.
Infact it may even help some of the bigger teams like Mclaren or Jaguar.
But I can’t help thinking that some of these past few races have been rigged.

There was a lot of controversy over the last race. Barrichello had won that race fair and square.
But the Ferrari Boss only went and pulled team orders just at the last corner.
Therefor letting Schumi win.
Was it just to break his Jinx? at Spain or was it for other reasons.
If it was for other reasons then I can’t think what reasons those reasons could be..
Schumi surely didn’t need the points.
It would have been real nice if the Ferrari Boys let Barrichello have some glory for a change other than letting Michael have it all.

Also I reckon half the races Michael has won.
Why?
Because it’s all very well winning four or five races but winning 8+ races seems a little bit farfetched.
Michael may be the greatest driver of all time but I think he’s starting to turn into a bit of a glory hog.
Of only Mika Hakkenin were here he’d soon show Michael who’s boss.
What Formula one needs is a complete refurbishment of the top drivers.
Maybe the younger generation could be given a chance to show there worthiness.
I very much doubt though if any of this will ever happen.
Especially as Michael Schumacher is trailing yet another championship win.

Something that could be done that would make things fairer without affecting the race itself would be to limit the amount off championships a driver can win in a row.
Maybe they could limit it to two championship wins, that way drivers like Michael would have to back down and let somebody else win the championship for a change.

I think most of the smaller teams would appreciate the chance at the championship.
But yet again I wouldn’t expect to see this happen.
So I guess the one engine rule will have to do for now.

So With the recent palaver at Spain I reckon Formula1 has entered it’s dark ages.
But there is no question about it Formula1 is one of the most popular motor sports in the world, in fact personally I’d say that F1 is the most popular sport in the world next to football.

So I raise a glass to the drivers and teams that make up my favourite sport F1.
*Raises Glass*
Here’s to Formula One!
Tue 11/06/02 at 09:00
"I hate that!!!"
It ain't really Schumacers fault though and I don't see why he should take the blame.
It's the Ferrari boss that should be blamed not the driver.

I think that the fans booing at schumi was enough punishment because the last thing any driver wants is for his fans to desert him
Mon 10/06/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I just remembered at Silverstone '99 Irvine tried to let Schumacher through but Schumacher crashed and broke his leg. Punishment enough for the rest of his career in my opinion.
Mon 10/06/02 at 13:24
"I hate that!!!"
I agree but I would much rather Ferrari have played the order well before the last lap.
It's ust that taking a victory away from you on your last lap on the last corner after leading for over 50 laps is hardly dignified.
Mon 10/06/02 at 13:00
Regular
It's not unfair on Barrichello because he knew he would be asked to do that when he signed the contract.
Mon 10/06/02 at 12:27
"I hate that!!!"
Your Honour wrote:
> Doughnut Monster wrote:
> So If you think F-1 is just a whole pile of cars racing around a
> circuit 40 or more times over then you can think again.
> Because it's all about teamwork and Strategy.
>
>
> You just said that F1 is all about Teamwork, but you're complaining
> when Ferrari act as a team, like they did in Austria.
>
> Make your mind up.

I beleive that the Ferrari Incedent Is an Exeption in this case.

I don't call Ferrari's antics teamwork,
It's just plain undignified and completely unfair on Barrichelo!
Mon 10/06/02 at 11:25
Regular
Doughnut Monster wrote:
> So If you think F-1 is just a whole pile of cars racing around a
> circuit 40 or more times over then you can think again.
> Because it's all about teamwork and Strategy.

You just said that F1 is all about Teamwork, but you're complaining when Ferrari act as a team, like they did in Austria.

Make your mind up.
Mon 10/06/02 at 09:43
"I hate that!!!"
Wow the Canadian Grandprix was a thriller.

but it would've been better if Jaun pablo Montoya's engine hadn't have blown up.
Williams have had some rotten luck with their reliability.
Tue 04/06/02 at 09:02
"I hate that!!!"
MikeAll wrote:
> The pitlane's going to be the other side of the garages, but the
> start-finish line's going to stay in the same place.

Good.

I'm glad about that because putting the start/Finish line anywhere else could be and probabaly would be very dangerous.

The only place they could maybe change it to is just at the start of the Hotel Section.
But even that would be dangerous.
Fri 31/05/02 at 19:57
Regular
"Where's SR?"
The pitlane's going to be the other side of the garages, but the start-finish line's going to stay in the same place.
Fri 31/05/02 at 14:06
"I hate that!!!"
Amidst recent events at Austria I'm beggining to think that F-1 is all a Joke and all the races are rigged.

It wouldn't surprise me because F-1 wouldn't be the only sport that has it's results rigged.
No wrestling is a big phoney.
But it's great fun to watch.

but I feel that the disgracefull events that took place in Austria won't be the last.
Rubens should've won that race, but he didn't.

In my veiw and many other peoples veiws Rubens did win that race.
but the books will say otherwise.
We know in our hearts though that Rubens won that race.

I have a funny feeling that we haven't seen the last of that strategy from Ferrari.
I'm afriad that F-1 has entered a dark age.

F-1 will have lost a lot of fans over the events that took place at Austria.
3/5 fans said that Ferraris team orders were "Out Of Order"

I only wish that the FIA could've done something about what happened that day at Austria.
But they couldn't.
What's done is done and that's that.

However thanks to David Culthard winning at Monaco there seems to be a a small glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
But we will have to wait and see how it turns out.

However there are a few safety aspects at Monaco that need to be discussed.
Such as wheather or not to make the track any safer by editing corners such as Rascass or San Devot.
There have been some changes that have been announced.
For the first time teams will have their own garages (Presumeably one for each car)

There will also be a new 10,000 seater Stand that will be put up.
There are going to be some minor changes to the track but I anm not sure what they are yet.

So If you think F-1 is just a whole pile of cars racing around a circuit 40 or more times over then you can think again.
Because it's all about teamwork and Strategy.
And there is even a bit of sportsanship involved too.
But don't let the events at Austria put you off because Formula-1 is a very exiting sport indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.